• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antonio Puerta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy from Sweden

The Mirror and The Sun are reporting that AW wanted to take Puerta on loan. Looks like either of them got the "news" from the other.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 43,00.html

Plus are they really THAT stupid. If you're gonna make up a rumour then this one is flawed. I don't think AW has even considered taking a player like Puerta on loan as he's quite expensive and you don't get to LOAN players like that. And it's that FACT that Sevilla are trying to overcome Barca at the top of La Liga and AW knows that and to ask them to let Puerta leave on loan. Well...you know. :roll:

siddharth

Ofcourse luque on loan would be a better financial deal but it would be a gamble as luque has hardly played in the premiership which i find very strange. He has been at toon for more than 1 year and has made only a few appearances in total.

But if wenger is serious about getting a winger for long term then it makes sense to opt for puerta. Ribery would be perfect but i can't see it happening as he will signed as a first team regular and rosicky and hleb don't deserve to be dropped.

Grampus_Eight

Puerta doesn't score goals and he doesn't have great speed or strength.

He would offer very little to the squad.

I hope we don't have anything to do with him or that waif Navas for that matter.

I'm not interested in Luque either, I just mentioned that I'd prefer him to Puerta as an indication of how low I rate Puerta.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see Wenger make a move for Puerta in the summer, if he still hasn't signed a new deal with Sevilla.

M+D

Established Member
Highly-rated Sevilla midfielder Antonio Puerta won't rule out leaving the Liga club in the summer.
"It would be necessary to think about it. I have contract and, at the moment, I am negotiating with the club the possibility of renewing my commitment with the organization," said Puerta.

"Nevertheless, it is no secret that in this sport everything is negotiable and if an offer arrives with which as much Sevilla as I feels satisfied, it would be necessary to study it."

Grampus_Eight

Please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PUERTA!

He's can barely hack it for Sevilla. Nothing in his game is suited for us. Another technical player without the ability to score and little final ball.

Lacks pace and isn't particularly strong or hard working.

No Sevilla players save Alves.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
He's playing at left-back tonight. He doesn't look like anything special. Also as Grampus_Eight says looks like he lacks a bit of pace.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Puerta and Alves were quite in the first leg against sp*ds. Puerta didn't do much again last night. Last time I checked on Puerta when Sevilla playing Mallorca, Puerta was not very impressive either. Frankly, I don't know what Puerta might contribute in Arsenal.

The only player that interests me is Navas. A winger that can give Arsenal width with his good feet. Shame that Navas is a Sevillian and might get home-sick like Reyes. Navas looks quite light-weight though.

entropy13

Established Member
and the Spanish side managed to break out of their own half with two counter-attacks, only for Robinson to produce top-class saves from Antonio Puerta on both occasions.

Forcing Robinson to two top-calss saves is really out of this world, considering it's Robinson...

Viper

Established Member
I thought Alves played well, in the first half anyway. He offered quite a bit in attack and his link-up play was good. Doesn't look half bad.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
puerta is good..dont let that match fool you, he was playing left back and i thought he coped well..
he is an agressive winger with speed and has a physical presence to him..hes really good, he did miguel(top right back) when they faced valencia earlier in the season..

Grampus_Eight

I might have been wrong about him. He was hugely impressive at left back against Sp**s. Dealt well with Lennon (who had to switch sides at half to get into the game a bit). Then got forward himself in the second half and played with a good deal of directness and verve. A few dangerous crosses and shots.

Nonetheless, I haven't rated on the many other occassions I've watched him and he sure isn't clinical.

My gut tells me he isn't a big enough improvement on what we've got or probably isn't even an improvement at all.

And his stats are not impressive.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/la-li ... 2460.shtml

Especially when you compare him to a certain disappointment of our currently having his worst ever season in limited action with Madrid.

Puerta has 15 starts and 22 league appearances in total. Reyes has 14 starts and 24 league appearance total.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/la-li ... ervs.shtml

Ostensibly, they both play on the wing. Puerta has played some games at fullback, but not many.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
there was problems between him and the manager and board as he rejected a contract extension thats all..so jaunde ramos dropped him from the sqaud as punishment

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
RIP Puerta.
:(

What's wrong with Sevilla? Reyes had problems in settling in foreign country while a Brazilian scoring 60 goals in two La liga seasons turned out to be below par in top clubs. Navas was reported having a panic attack when the bus he was on was about leaving Spain. Now it's this sad tragedy on Puerta. I would place a very BIG question mark :?: on Sevilla.

baccy_man

Established Member
that is a bit of a shock, i heard that he had a heart attack and i was surprised that at his age he had a heart attack but i did not expect him to pass away.
R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom