• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antonio Puerta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohit

Established Member
I seriously don't want a single player from Sevilla let alone two. ;)

If we are serious indeed,their footballing ability is not the only thing we should be looking at.

Mostarac

Established Member
Lost a lot of respect for this Puerta after his pathetic dive which got Sevilla a penalty against Recreativo. Do not want players like that at Arsenal to be honest.

AFCFan4Ever

Mostarac said:
Lost a lot of respect for this Puerta after his pathetic dive which got Sevilla a penalty against Recreativo. Do not want players like that at Arsenal to be honest.

Yeah because we've never had players at Arsenal that dive or cheated at times. :roll:

I'd take both of them to be honest but I'm more keen on Puerta, he looks like a class player.

Mostarac

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
Yeah because we've never had players at Arsenal that dive or cheated at times. :roll:

I do not care about that as that is the past, do not need to bring in players which will give us the "diver team" stamp.

Artillero

Not sure if the agent is just bullshiting to get two big contracts, cant think of a major club in need of two wingers?

Lord Dula

Established Member
If Wenger doesnt want to make the Baptista deal permanent, maybe he should consider using Reyes as bait for one or two of Sevilla's players. I've a feeling Capello is not too keen on Reyes, and I cant see many clubs wanting Jose.

kooldawg

Established Member
Sounds like agent talk to me, though we cant really be sure.

I would be against the supposed signing if Navas turns out to be Reyes 2.0 and feels homesick when he leaves the 20 mile zone around Sevilla :D

_scorpion_

Established Member
I've been told that Arsène has had a close eye on Ikechukwu Uche.

I don't know what he'd cost, but it would not suprise me.

Rahul

Is he the guy who scored against madrid a couple of days ago?

If he is,he did look decent but as pat said he is a striker,so i dont really think we need him atm,unless anybody leaves in jan

or maybe if wenger wants to convert him into a winger or something......

siddharth

Lord Dula said:
If Wenger doesnt want to make the Baptista deal permanent, maybe he should consider using Reyes as bait for one or two of Sevilla's players. I've a feeling Capello is not too keen on Reyes, and I cant see many clubs wanting Jose.
Exactly what i was thinking. We hold all the aces in the reyes deal and even if madrid refuse to pay the asking price we can use him as a makeweight to get Antonio Puerta or navas. Can't see getting them both and i wouldn't want navas irrespective of how talented he is.

Reyes doesn't want to come back to england and seville would be nice for him as they are challenging for a place in the CL and the la liga title as well.

siddharth

_scorpion_ said:
I've been told that Arsène has had a close eye on Ikechukwu Uche.

I don't know what he'd cost, but it would not suprise me.
Just checked out his profile and he's just 170 cm tall so chances are he will used on the wings. I'd rather wenger sold some unwanted players from our sqaud to raise cash than go for such cheap options.

If we are looking for a winger , it's better that we paid some extra money and got in a genuine winger who is quality.

patrick42uk

Established Member
too much of a coincidence for me. he scores against madrid and magically scorpion reckons we are after him? yeah right.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i like the ideal of reyes for alves. :D

read an article in skysports. they are hinting that we had bid for either puerta or navas

_scorpion_

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
too much of a coincidence for me. he scores against madrid and magically scorpion reckons we are after him? yeah right.

Was the best player in spain second division all last season.

Very good player- I did not know his stats this year, but I'm not suprosed to hear he is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom