• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brighton De Zerb Their Own Thread

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yup, you have to bring them back into the top of the table discussion with that setup. Not much as changed and they maintain their stability and excellence with De Zerbi as well.

It’s a shame they couldn’t hold onto Colwill again this year though.

Top six contender, and back with Newcastle, terrorising teams again this season.
If that’s indeed how they’ll line up then 4 out of 6 positions will have changed. 3 if you count Enciso as the same but reality is he just played a bit part last season. Will take time to gel, though it’s a very interesting side to follow. Colwill was very good and is a loss they won’t be able to quite replace even though that Igor seems like a De Zerbi player on paper.

I reckon they’ll be 6-8th

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Great signing for Brighton is Kudus.

Still feels so weird that Brighton & Hove Albion can take one of Ajax's best players though, the sentence alone sounds so stupid 😅

Money in England has really ruined the game these past 10-15 years!

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Takes Brightons summer spend to £100M with a net spend of £40M as things stand.

Kudus
Bart
Igor
Dahoud (free)
Milner (free)
Joao Pedro

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

And then England cries foul over Saudi.

Just a few 23/24 premier league transfer stats to wet the whistle.

So far premier league clubs have spent £1.45B on transfers this window.

So far the only club that hasn’t signed a single player are West Ham.

Most clubs have spent £50-60M, just a handful that are under that amount.

Unsurprisingly with the addition of Raya Arsenal are currently the leagues biggest spenders. Chelsea are second, United third.

Chelsea are the team that’s made the most money from sales. Followed by wolves and West Ham who have both made around £100M from sales.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hmm, Kudus moves for practically the same fees as timber. So it would mean that Arsenal prioritised Cb, rb backup over Striker, rw backup. Interesting to see how that plays out.
Umm.. Arsenal bought Havertz though, before Timber? He can play false 9 and Jesus can play RW. Or even Havertz can play RW in emergency.

DuBB

Hmm, Kudus moves for practically the same fees as timber. So it would mean that Arsenal prioritised Cb, rb backup over Striker, rw backup. Interesting to see how that plays out.

Or for the same fee we’ve got a better player.

I don’t want to rush to judgement but based on what we’ve seen so far Timber is shaping up to be an incredible investment.

I’d rather have spent the money on him than Kudus based on the little we’ve seen so far.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

How did they get £12m for Maupay? Fs
That's great business without really missing a beat in the league. Take out Caicedo and that's still more than we've made in the last five years even if we get the asking price for this summer's surplus.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I remember when he was at Watford he never got a game.

Reactions: A_G

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Merchantry of the highest order. Zerbis CV was mediocre before brighton.

My bad, two consecutive eight placed finishes with Sassuolo is quite good. Must've though about someone else.

Wait what. How have you managed to quote a post within itself? What sorcery is this??

perth gooner

Huge coup and very surprising signing for the Seagulls:

Barcelona's Fati: Brighton set to sign Spain forward on season-long loan
Spain forward Ansu Fati is set to complete a surprise season-long loan move to Brighton from Barcelona.

Fati has fallen down the pecking order at Barcelona, who need to create some space in their squad to sign Manchester City full-back Joao Cancelo on loan.

Brighton's deal for the 20-year-old does not include an obligation to buy.

Tottenham had also been linked with Fati but he is understood to have been impressed by Brighton's style of play under manager Roberto de Zerbi.

If the deal goes through as planned, it would be a major coup for Brighton, who will be playing European football this season for the first time having qualified for the Europa League.
Brighton set to sign Fati on loan from Barcelona

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ajax and Marseille in the EL.

Harder than our CL group ffs.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom