• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brighton De Zerb Their Own Thread

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What an absolutely superbly run club. How can you lose the likes of MacAllister and Caicedo and still not miss a beat in midfield. Their recruitment is superb, also project has been since they got into the prem. Hughton was doing a solid job but replaced him with the more progressive Potter, I thought was a strange decision at the time and took him a couple of seasons to really get going. They lose him but now looks like they've got an upgrade in De Zerbi who's taken them to another level.

De Zerbi is the star tho, he is HIM I've no doubts I've seen enough. Imagine losing talents like MacAllister and Caicedo and just not being bothered at all, today they were replaced by Gross and Gimour, on paper a MASSIVE downgrade but they never missed a trick. Obviously Dahoud as well a player who's reputation has greatly declined in the past few years. Even look at Welbeck a player who had three very bad injuries here and most would assume was absolutely finished but has looked impressive in his time at the club especially in recent times under De Zerbi.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What an absolutely superbly run club. How can you lose the likes of MacAllister and Caicedo and still not miss a beat in midfield. Their recruitment is superb, also project has been since they got into the prem. Hughton was doing a solid job but replaced him with the more progressive Potter, I thought was a strange decision at the time and took him a couple of seasons to really get going. They lose him but now looks like they've got an upgrade in De Zerbi who's taken them to another level.

De Zerbi is the star tho, he is HIM I've no doubts I've seen enough. Imagine losing talents like MacAllister and Caicedo and just not being bothered at all, today they were replaced by Gross and Gimour, on paper a MASSIVE downgrade but they never missed a trick. Obviously Dahoud as well a player who's reputation has greatly declined in the past few years. Even look at Welbeck a player who had three very bad injuries here and most would assume was absolutely finished but has looked impressive in his time at the club especially in recent times under De Zerbi.
They’ll turn Fati around and make him a £100m player by the summer as well

Barca might even come for De Zerbi.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

They’ll turn Fati around and make him a £100m player by the summer as well

Barca might even come for De Zerbi.
Wait what, they loaned Fati?

Totally missed that, but excellent signing for them.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

It's a great choice as a career move for Kudus. Brighton is very attractive for top talents now.

It's actually no wonder he would choose to become a star(ter) for an EPL club that is in UEL, playing very good football, rather than going to Arsenal or Chelsea.

I wanted Havertz over Kudus anyway, Kudus only afterwards as the versatile Saka rotation etc. if that would happen. But I understand not everything is possible with FFP.
How did Kudus end up signing for West Ham?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I really worried about De Zerbi if he move to bigger club because his team really conceded so many of chances. Italians are famous with their defense coaching this guy seem built different

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I really worried about De Zerbi if he move to bigger club because his team really conceded so many of chances. Italians are famous with their defense coaching this guy seem built different
He doesn't really have great defenders though. People fall into the trap of overrating Dunk because he's a goofy looking Englishman, the perennial media favorite. My concern wouldn't be about him defensively at a big club but whether the pressure of expectations made him lose his bottle. I do wonder what he could do with say Saliba, Gabriel and Rice as a spine.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He doesn't really have great defenders though. People fall into the trap of overrating Dunk because he's a goofy looking Englishman, the perennial media favorite. My concern wouldn't be about him defensively at a big club but whether the pressure of expectations made him lose his bottle. I do wonder what he could do with say Saliba, Gabriel and Rice as a spine.
I think not much difference maybe he'll be more open minded offensively but his style similar to us high line and high press no matter how many mistakes keeper makes he gonna keep playing from back.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It does make his team great to watch though. As a neutral, I'd rather watch Brighton than Man United. That romance might not cut it for trophies, though.

Menard

Don't really buy that de Zerbi is some recklessly offensive naive idealist. I don't think he plays necessarily more or less offensively than Pep or Arteta, he commits players forward in very similar structures and numbers as us, he just doesn't have the quality of players to defend transitions as well as us or City. The idea that managers who coach front foot dominant football should be able to just snap their fingers and have their teams defend in a deep block like prime Simeone when it suits them is what's naive. There's only so much time to spend on the training ground. They literally sold both of their starting midfielders over the summer and they're currently 6 points off Sp**s in 5th with half the season gone. I'm curious who exactly this hypothetical realist pragmatic manager that could be squeezing more out of their squad is.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Last season, brighton had 3rd highest xG below Liverpool and City, and 2nd highest as possession team (city the only one had more). Brighton also have good recruitment department. If they have the money, de Zerbi could challenge the league with Brighton. It speaks lot about how good de Zerbi is IMO.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Last season, brighton had 3rd highest xG below Liverpool and City, and 2nd highest as possession team (city the only one had more). Brighton also have good recruitment department. If they have the money, de Zerbi could challenge the league with Brighton. It speaks lot about how good de Zerbi is IMO.

Definitely.

He's up there, just behind Pep and Klopp. Think slightly ahead of Arteta for me too, based on his ability to manage with the resources available.

Malky

Established Member
Definitely.

He's up there, just behind Pep and Klopp. Think slightly ahead of Arteta for me too, based on his ability to manage with the resources available.
Give Arteta brightons finances and not a chance he’d get the results or even the style of play of De Zerbi. He’d have them playing 5 at the back and none of these teenagers at Brighton would get a single minute of playing time.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom