• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Can Welbeck take the next step?

a_fourteen

Established Member
Welbeck needs to have a great pre season where he convinces Wenger to start him ahead of Giroud from game 1. If Giroud starts the season it will be very difficult for Welbeck to unseat him.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
And this proves what?

His lack of balance and stupid tendencies. Suppose he falls over with one of these efforts of his, and the ball falls a yard to the right of him... how's he gonna score the rebound if he's on his backside?

Welbeck will never be anything more than average.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
@Bould14

I expect him to improve too, I just don't think his improvement will be enough to make him the striker we need. I hope he proves me wrong. I reckon Walcott is a better prospect up front.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I must be the only one who expect's Danny to improve for us next campaign.

nope I do too. as do a few others. played his whole career at a club with a different playing style to ours. it will take time for hm to adjust. one hopes pre-season sees him banging in a lot of goals and displacing Giroud then kicking on from there.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
You will all end up disappointed. Welbeck's tombstone will read;

Here lies Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck
Loving father, husband and friend to many
Professional who brought joy to all around him
Should improve next season.​

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His goals to games ratio might improve (can it really be any worse?), but, no, he wont be improving as a player next season. Just like nobody talks about other players of a similar age improving. Arsenal isn't Hogwarts ffs.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His goals to games ratio might improve (can it really be any worse?), but, no, he wont be improving as a player next season. Just like nobody talks about other players of a similar age improving. Arsenal isn't Hogwarts ffs.
You're a wizard Harry.

a_fourteen

Established Member
It's going to be really embarrassing for you if this prediction goes the same way your Özil prediction went.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My only Özil 'prediction' that was wrong, was that he'd want out or be sold this summer...

Only for you to to go full ***** a few weeks ago, and say he'll want out next year because he 'wont like the physicality of the league' (o_O), after appearing to make the most progress physically, more than anywhere else...

Keep taking the tablets lol

a_fourteen

Established Member
My only Özil 'prediction' that was wrong, was that he'd want out or be sold this summer...

Only for you to to go full ***** a few weeks ago, and say he'll want out next year because he 'wont like the physicality of the league' (o_O), after appearing to make the most progress physically, more than anywhere else...

Keep taking the tablets lol
Are you Souness in disguise?

juice man

Can't make his mind up
His lack of balance and stupid tendencies. Suppose he falls over with one of these efforts of his, and the ball falls a yard to the right of him... how's he gonna score the rebound if he's on his backside?

Welbeck will never be anything more than average.
Meh, I disagree. Seems like one of the weakest reasons to write off a player I've seen in a while.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Meh, I disagree. Seems like one of the weakest reasons to write off a player I've seen in a while.
Well how about this one: He doesn't act like a footballer on a football pitch?

His balance issues at important moments are more than valid, if not the most glaring of his shortcomings. I'd point to his poor shooting technique, poor passing and disastrous decision making as more prominent deficits, personally, and it's both very odd and hugely inconsistent of some posters in this thread to suggest he can find all that from somewhere, and yet bash the likes of Jack, Ramsey, Ox and co--even going so far as to suggest they be sold on occasions--for no more than getting injured! The logic beggars belief.

This is a player Man Utd sold, despite having no young strikers at the club--never mind England internationals. They sold him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Thinking about it now it was a quite a sidewards move from him, fair play to him for getting an FA Cup under his belt and a few key goals here and there but he's gone from being out of favour at his local club where fans loved him to being out of favour in the Arsenal first 11 who don't necessarily have an attachment to him.

He's a good player to have in the squad, really hurt me when our 'dat guy' left. He's got lungs of steel and great link up play with the team and he's quite a dynamic player by offering runs endlessly but I reiterate I never understood the transfer for his side.

blaze_of_glory

Thinking about it now it was a quite a sidewards move from him, fair play to him for getting an FA Cup under his belt and a few key goals but he's gone from being out of favour at his local club where fans loved him to being out of favour in the Arsenal first 11 who don't necessarily have an attachment to him.

He's a good player to have in the squad at least, lungs of steel and great link up play with the team and he's quite a dynamic player by offering runs endlessly but I reiterate I never understood the transfer for him.

I always thought it down to van Gaal just not wanting him? I agree though, I find it unlikely he'll ever be more than a hard working squad player for us.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Thinking about it now it was a quite a sidewards move from him, fair play to him for getting an FA Cup under his belt and a few key goals here and there but he's gone from being out of favour at his local club where fans loved him to being out of favour in the Arsenal first 11 who don't necessarily have an attachment to him.

He's a good player to have in the squad, really hurt me when our 'dat guy' left. He's got lungs of steel and great link up play with the team and he's quite a dynamic player by offering runs endlessly but I reiterate I never understood the transfer for his side.

LVG told him he was 4th choice and was essentially shown the door.

scytheavatar

Established Member

He had no choice, LvG rated him as highly as he rated Hernandez. At least here he's guaranteed to get some minutes coming on from our benches, had he stayed in Utd he might not be starting ahead of Wilson.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom