• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Group Stage: PSV Einhoven 1 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 12th December | KO: 17:45 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

63BAA43B-8CE7-43BD-ACB0-DE0B4A8E7B87.jpeg

Screenshot-20231209-232636.png

lineup.png

Prediction

PSV 1-1 Arsenal

dino bravo

Put this city and pool sides into wengers era and he would have won not a lot, like what happened when Roman came along. (I love Wenger by the way, not hammering him)

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Put this city and pool sides into wengers era and he would have won not a lot, like what happened when Roman came along. (I love Wenger by the way, not hammering him)
BS pool are way worse than they were pre covid and Van Dijk injury. And Man City is worse to last two seasons than they historically have been in league. They did 100 points pre Covid

Farzad Stoned

I know City won treble but they were lucky for me in that final and 89 points is one of their lowest totals under Pep. So as far as league is concerned there really is no debate that Pre Covid pool and City were better

dino bravo

BS pool are way worse than they were pre covid and Van Dijk injury. And Man City is worse to last two seasons than they historically have been in league. They did 100 points pre Covid
As soon as Chelsea pushed the bar and leagues started to be won with high 80’s/90+ points, we were no longer competitive. City and Liverpool have pushed it further since.

dino bravo

Mate you literally get warned on here every week for arguing way beyond what is necessary. It’s an internet forum full of strangers, it’s not a good look. I like you as a poster actually, but you are an odd one.

Good for Arsène that he could win the league with 70 odd points, sadly that now gets you 3rd at very best. That’s a fact and no amount of pathetic emojis will change that.

No doubt you will want to have the final word, so you go for it. I have far more productive things to do than carry this on with you. I will continue being supportive of MY club and MY manager who has us competitive in the first time for many years, you do you.

Farzad Stoned

As soon as Chelsea pushed the bar and leagues started to be won with high 80’s/90+ points, we were no longer competitive. City and Liverpool have pushed it further since.
But even if you assume that your point is incorrect. City is weaker than they were in late Arsène and Unai period by league point totals that is evidence you are using. Liverpool did 90 something points and lost a few years back. So when Mik had his resurgence we had two weaker versions of the teams that had been dominating league in City’s case for over a decade.

So this year when league champion wins it again with 85-89 points like last year; then league is better? the league is down last two years according to your point total theory of quality, this year it is going to be difficult for either Arsenal or City to match last year point hauls, both are off last years pace

Farzad Stoned

Mate you literally get warned on here every week for arguing way beyond what is necessary. It’s an internet forum full of strangers, it’s not a good look. I like you as a poster actually, but you are an odd one.

Good for Arsène that he could win the league with 70 odd points, sadly that now gets you 3rd at very best. That’s a fact and no amount of pathetic emojis will change that.

No doubt you will want to have the final word, so you go for it. I have far more productive things to do than carry this on with you. I will continue being supportive of MY club and MY manager who has us competitive in the first time for many years, you do you.
Then don’t cry when some lifelong Arsenal fans don’t buy Arteta and get all superior. You all will see, he is putting us on path to disappointment and failure like previous two year ends

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
We have been less relevant under Mik. We have been relevant for title in one season. Finished 8th twice, and 5th once. The key being that club spent almost nothing while out performing the Mik era in objectives results and playing sexiest football in country in the 15 years mentioned as the dark ages before Mik
Arteta created injury crisis in the backline.
He sent Tierney to loan in Real Sociedad, knowing that Timber is out 7-8 months.
Now Tomiyasu is injured and we are bare bones in defense.
After Timber’s injury I thought that sending Tierney to Spain was a huge mistake.

Why he didn’t use kids yesterday?
Pure psychology, I think.
He wanted to avoid second defeat in a row (after Villa), to avoid negative momentum to set in.
Sent tierney and kept cedric
Tomiyasu is injured most of the time
Then benched tomiyasu and played partey at right back
Tierney definitely better than kiwior and cedric

Synical

Miss Superstitious

If Arteta won the FA Cup this season and didn't finish top 4 he would be slaughtered. The FA Cup is no longer one of the major trophies, sadly.

We have not been respected for well over a decade, we would go and get smashed 5-0, 6-0, 10-2 on aggregate. We were irrelevant for the big prizes. We now have a chance at least.

We have matched financially doped Manchester City on points since the beginning of last season, yet the way people whinge on here you would think we were battling relegation I swear.
Keep up! FA cups are only impressive when it's not Arteta delivering it.

Farzad Stoned

Sent tierney and kept cedric
Tomiyasu is injured most of the time
Then benched tomiyasu and played partey at right back
Tierney definitely better than kiwior and cedric
It is really shocking when you put the list of players he either has thrown away or not given a chance; especially when you look at who he replaced them with. Emi replaced eventually by Raya. Imagine how good a platoon of Esr,/Willock would be for Kai’s spot. And also imagine how much less in wages and 105 million transfers. Mik rates players on emotional and personal level it is his and our biggest downfall. The bench is terrible down completely to one man sticking his not good enough pets there and then sticking with them

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
You asked me where he plays, you didn’t even know. if he so sh.t why does ge play in every CL game and League he is fit for Lazio?

Because Lazio are also sh1t. You're point was he played under Emery for Arsenal, when Arsenal were sh1t. He wasn't even wanted at Marseille who are also sh1t. Do you see the pattern here? Guenduzzi did have a decent level of talent, but he has no work ethic or discipline.

Farzad Stoned

Because Lazio are also sh1t. You're point was he played under Emery for Arsenal, when Arsenal were sh1t. He wasn't even wanted at Marseille who are also sh1t. Do you see the pattern here? Guenduzzi did have a decent level of talent, but he has no work ethic or discipline.
Way better than Viera at 35 million. But Karen can’t get along with a lot of people and Guendo is a bit of a Karen as well

Gooner505

It is really shocking when you put the list of players he either has thrown away or not given a chance; especially when you look at who he replaced them with. Emi replaced eventually by Raya. Imagine how good a platoon of Esr,/Willock would be for Kai’s spot. And also imagine how much less in wages and 105 million transfers. Mik rates players on emotional and personal level it is his and our biggest downfall. The bench is terrible down completely to one man sticking his not good enough pets there and then sticking with them
And yet at the same time he’s built a squad of incredibly talented players in their early 20s who show immense pride, heart, discipline, and are enamored with each other and with the club. Our guys love playing for Arteta, and it shows with their work rate and their commitment to his system. A system which is suffocating opponents on defense this season, and is only a real striker away from becoming elite.

That’s all Arteta. We don’t get Declan Rice without Arteta. He came here to play for him. If Wenger had the budget, he’d never be able to convince Rice to sign here in his last decade. We were a sieve at the back, constantly wilting under pressure and had a reputation for being weak. With Arteta we are menacing and composed this season.

Sure he’s made plenty of mistakes. I don’t give him a free pass and I criticize him often (for example for starting Saliba and Gabriel last night). I don’t agree with the Raya decision. But Arteta has convinced me to give him a chance, so I will. This is year two of this team hitting its stride. If we don’t win anything this season or the next, I’ll also be upset with him. But let’s appreciate what he’s been able to do as well, and give him some time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We were competitive, even with a Chelsea manager spending Roman's £1.2bn giveaway and Wenger having to buy all his players from sales only, because of the stadium build. You're talking through your arse bro.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The average number of points for the top 4 teams has been rising steadily for some years. And the reason is because there's been an increasing wealth gap between the top 6 or 7 teams and those in the bottom half of the league. The league has never been more uneven. Go and learn about football, before spending your time slagging off our greatest manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom