• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Alaba

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Alaba usually plays CM for our national team, and he's quite good there. Not got enough yet to claim that place in Bayern's side though and I doubt he'll ever get that chance there, but he could really flourish in that position, going by what I've already seen from him. He's surely going to play there on Friday against Sweden during our WC qualifier, if anyone's interested.

However, I don't think that wish alone is enough for him to leave Bayern. He's stated often enough how happy he's here and how grateful he is to have gotten the chance to earn a regular place in their side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't see Bayern selling a youth product who looks like he's going to be the best player in the world at the position in which he is currently deployed.

Can't see Alaba leaving for a smaller club when he's at a super club who compete at the highest level all the time with ease, Alaba has just played in back to back European Cup finals.

Gunner_Brody

Would be a fantastic signing but really cannot see it happening at all less than 5% likely.hes playing week in week out at bayern albeit not in his favoured position but hes just won a treble.

Proof

Established Member
I have never seen Alaba playing in the midfield. Is he a Ramires-type of midfielder ?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Proof said:
I have never seen Alaba playing in the midfield. Is he a Ramires-type of midfielder ?

I think he played in midfield for Austria against Wales at The Millennium Stadium. He was definitely an all-action type midfielder, box to box if you will. Also started a few attacks for Austria too, loves a one-two does Alaba. Bale was the difference for Wales though, who won 2-1.

He's capable of wonder strikes too;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_cfAXjSujk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_cfAXjSujk</a>

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Alaba is the very definition of an all action midfielder, Gerrard-esque a bit (with all which comes with it) in that regard, I'd say. He's been playing on the left hand side for us (against Germany e.g.) at times, and centrally of course, right at the heart of our play.

squallkid

Established Member
I don't think that we'll sign him or any of the players we've been linked to if I'm being honest.

Think our signings will come out of left field this summer ie Monreal.

blaze_of_glory

squallkid said:
I don't think that we'll sign him or any of the players we've been linked to if I'm being honest.

Think our signings will come out of left field this summer ie Monreal.

Not a bad shout tbh. Even Cazorla and Giroud were only really linked for a short time before they joined, while other players being mentioned for months in the press/twitter never materialized.

beepos

Guys, don't do this to yourself. He's not coming here...

He's just won a Treble in probably the best club in the world as a starter...

Unless he's being paid pennies, he's not coming here; even if we are interested in him, he's gonna cost at least

30 m euros

Floating

Established Member
beepos said:
Guys, don't do this to yourself. He's not coming here...

I don't think anyone actually expects this to happen, or is getting their hopes up. Terrible, baseless rumor.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Although it is very rare this day and age, not every player simply wants to play for a winning club at the sacrifice of their own development. It is pretty clear that he wants to play in central midfield. He won't get the opportunity to play in central midfield at Bayern with at least 4 players ahead of him, the majority who are in their mid twenties. So does he have to wait for 5 years at left back to get the opportunity?

I don't think he is out of our reach as Bayern be being a winning team has nothing to do with it as he has won titles playing at left back. If he had won them playing in central midfield we would have nothing to offer him.

The part that makes me sceptical is that it claims we are in touch with his management which means that we would have had to make contact and been given permission by Bayern.

Also the fact is that Bayern are spending money and also balance the books. They do sell players and Guardiola would not stand in the way of a young talent who wanted to leave because he wanted first team football in his preferred position, especially if he knew that he could not offer him that.

They would demand a lot of money for him, but I would rather spend £20 million on Alaba than £20 million on Jovetic.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
GDeep said:
Agree, Wenger never signs the obvious name's that the media are running with.

I remember when we were so close to signing Ricky Alvarez then after our interest got Inter interested we just didn't bother a few months later :lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If we were going to smash our transfer record on a central midfielder I would hope it isn't Alaba! we do not need a left back.

silly rumour

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom