• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Alaba

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Just me that thinks he's a bit average in midfield? Fantastic defender, nonetheless.
he is a workhorse with good a good foot, i would take him just because of the amount of legs that would bring to the table, not a 50 million pounds player nontheless.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There are still levels in football. We can probably pay 70M for our top target and tighten our spending elsewhere, Utd can pay 50-70M on a bunch of players and still have substantial change to throw about.

We can't compete for an Alaba, unless it's a limited market or movement for space, for Bayern.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Realistically if we were to wait until the summer we could put down 70 million for him and 60 million for Reus for example. It's an absurd figure but absolutely within our means. Those 2 would take us up 2 levels. We would actually be a CL contender.

Reus Sanchez Walcott
Özil
Xhaka Ramsey
Alaba Kos Mustafi Bellerin

Squad: Iwobi,Giroud, Welbeck, Ox, Coq, Elnenny,Wilshere, Cazorla Monreal, Gabriel, Holding, Jenkinson,Chambers, Ospina, Martinez
There's not an XI in the PL close to that and that's not a bad pool of squaddies at all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Realistically if we were to wait until the summer we could put down 70 million for him and 60 million for Reus for example. It's an absurd figure but absolutely within our means. Those 2 would take us up 2 levels. We would actually be a CL contender.

Reus Sanchez Walcott
Özil
Xhaka Ramsey
Alaba Kos Mustafi Bellerin
Squad: Iwobi,Giroud, Welbeck, Ox, Coq, Elnenny Wilshere, Monreal, Gabriel, Holding, Jenkinson,Chambers
There's not an XI in the PL close to that and that's not a bad pool of squaddies at all.

City, Utd and Chelsea will spend and sign also, more than us.

Not sure I even rate that front 3 tbh.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
City, Utd and Chelsea will spend and sign also, more than us.

Not sure I even rate that front 3 tbh.
True they'll spend. Reus is a massive upgrade on Iwobi obviously and the front the of Iwobi/Sanchez/Walcott has been pretty good this season. I see no reason why our attack wouldn't go up another level with the addition of Reus who is a player of similar ability to Alexis.

Malky

Established Member
He may fancy coming here but it'll come down to the transfer fee in the end and like @GDeep™ said, it'll be one I seriously can't see Wenger paying for a LB. Let's face it, United & City will also be looking at new LB's, both will blow us out the water financially.
Keep dreaming lads!

carlito'sway

Established Member
True they'll spend. Reus is a massive upgrade on Iwobi obviously and the front the of Iwobi/Sanchez/Walcott has been pretty good this season. I see no reason why our attack wouldn't go up another level with the addition of Reus who is a player of similar ability to Alexis.

Reus is my dream addition. Arsène always rated him as well. We badly need a winger/scorer/playmaker on the left and he would be the perfect player to fill that role. Just hope he can stay healthy a full season.
I think BVB may be more willing to let him go as well. It feels he has reached the end of his cycle there.
I like Alaba but not sure it would be worth paying the 50/60 M for a LB. Not a good investment. One can get a very good LB for 1/2 that price.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

1. This is probably BS
2. It would be a massive shame to miss out on a player who loves us due to money but such is life.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel he only chooses to join us to play in his favored position.

Not been overly impressed with him in midfield but would take him over most of ours at the moment.

As a LB its crazy money... Never pay over 20m for a fullback.

Malky

Established Member
Feel he only chooses to join us to play in his favored position.

Not been overly impressed with him in midfield but would take him over most of ours at the moment.

As a LB its crazy money... Never pay over 20m for a fullback.

Yeah, and in that case I'm not intrested! For the money Bayern would demand theres better options for midfield. As a LB there's no one better, but the only way we get him is if he'll 'Cesc Fabregas' the situation - makes it public he only wants to move here and demands it happens from Bayern, which he wont.
The chances of us signing Alaba sit somewhere between: Very, very small and Zero! :(

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Alaba won't be coming to us. United will put up the money for him in the summer.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom