• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ospina: On Loan to Napoli

Calypso_Boy

ospina isnt very good. He's profited from being behind one of the best defences in the league the same one that won szczesney the golden glove last season. But the little he's had to do he's looked very shaky, conceded incredibly poor goals.

He's not better than szczesney we need better than both

GDeep™

League is very weak
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-not-spend-5797376

"If you look at the stats, Ospina is the best keeper in the league".

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It's a sticky situation, same as the striker situation.

Decent options, but room for improvement and needed if we want to compete for the title. Players have done well, though, and Wenger will probably stick with what he's got.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Ospina deserves credit as he came in for Szczesny in a difficult situation, steadied the ship and proved that he's capable of playing in this league at the highest level. However, I don't think he's the keeper that will win us the league or the CL as he's not big enough nor agile enough. He's a solid option off the bench imo. Saying that, if he pushes on next season then I may change my opinion but at present I don't consider him in the same category as the keepers that make a difference and win their team points & ultimately trophies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
https://vine.co/v/ee1tblpgTtq

People might have a point about getting rid of him instead of Szczesny if Cech signs, the state of that dive.

He struggles badly with his positioning, doesn't sort his feet out quick enough. That game he made some fantastic saves though, he's as good a shot stopper as you can get.

That said, most goalkeepers are good shot stoppers, if they aren't then why are they keepers?! It's the other things that separate the good goalies from the great ones. Command of area, decision making, footwork, positioning, composure, cross claiming etc.

Cannot wait to sign Cech, he's a PL great and still in his peak.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@Thehulk
tumblr_inline_ndhqvtAOFj1rybsbt.gif

Calypso_Boy

I don't know what Ospina has done wrong - he certainly does not have the kind of brain farts Schezny does. I'm much more confident with Ospina in goal.
szczesny has brain farts but without them he's a good well rounded keeper.

Ospina on the otherhand is average and still has the occasional brain fart. The west brom game is the most recent example of this.

Emibury

szczesny has brain farts but without them he's a good well rounded keeper.

Ospina on the otherhand is average and still has the occasional brain fart. The west brom game is the most recent example of this.

I guess it is a matter of opinion, and we can go round in circles saying the same thing over and over. But would you really be happier defending a 1 goal lead against United/Chelsea/City with Schezny in goal instead of Ospina?

Calypso_Boy

I guess it is a matter of opinion, and we can go round in circles saying the same thing over and over. But would you really be happier defending a 1 goal lead against United/Chelsea/City with Schezny in goal instead of Ospina?

honestly i would but you're right it's a difference in opinion so there's no point going round in circles.

Our keeping situation right now reminds me a bit of our situation when lehmann and almunia were vying for the number 1. Lehmann was more prone to mistakes and almunia was consistent but at a lower level. Obviously lehmann was better than szczesny of today but it's a similar principle. I didnt want lehmann to be dropped back then and the same goes now for szczesny. Obviously if we get petr cech then dropping szczesny makes sense but ospina is the one who has to leave.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Ospina was brought in as a second choice in the first place, think he'll be more content with being second choice.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom