• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do we have any world-class players?

Currently, do Arsenal have any world-class players)

• Total voters

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Seen loads on Twitter going around about Saka not being world-class and people are outraged.

Wanted to extend this to our full squad, do we have any word-class players? I’d say no.

I think we have only 4 players who could be considered in that bracket in a season or two.

Discuss, or don’t.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Saliba is as close as it gets, but I guess it depends on your definition.

In my opinion Saka, Martinelli, Saliba and Ødegaard are all currently borderline, which is quite a lot to have in one team.

If WC for you is top 3-5 in that position, then Saka and Rice are definitely in there. Due to admittedly flawed nostalgic reasons and the bar set by the past I cannot call any of them WC just yet @OnlyOne

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

For me, it’s 3 seasons minimum of being one of the best, I don’t think Saliba is world-class.

Admittedly I didn’t include him in my 4.

Reactions: A_G

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
No world class players in our team right now.

I think the term gets thrown around too easily these days. A world class player is one who can change a game by themselves, almost everytime.

Think about who can do that in the Premier League.... De Bruyne, Alisson, Salah. I'd say that's it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

For me, it’s 3 seasons minimum of being one of the best, I don’t think Saliba is world-class.

Admittedly I didn’t include him in my 4.

What about 1 world class season at their current club and some good seasons at the previous club?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

No world class players in our team right now.

I think the term gets thrown around too easily these days. A world class player is one who can change a game by themselves, almost everytime.

Think about who can do that in the Premier League.... De Bruyne, Alisson, Salah. I'd say that's it.

For me Sanchez and the remainder of peak Özil when he joined and was still motivated to win Balon d'Or were probably the last that I can think of that fall into that bracket.

Unless I've forgotten somebody.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Interesting. Henry won POTY in 2002 but wouldn’t have been WC by your standard.

Yeah, but he went on to have consecutive top seasons hence he gets the status.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah that’s fine. For me it’s consecutive, Aaron Ramsey had a WC season but I don’t think he’s a WC player.

I think sustained brilliance is a fine barometer, but Hazard wouldn't be WC by this standard as he famously had checkered seasons. Brilliant season, nothing season, brilliant season etc.

I could be exaggerating his on and off form as I haven't fact checked.

SA Gunner

For me Sanchez and the remainder of peak Özil when he joined and was still motivated to win Balon d'Or were probably the last that I can think of that fall into that bracket.

I think Kane as well to be fair, could keep Sp**s competitive all on his own.

Also Virgil was once there as well for me, I’d say around the time of Liverpool’s league win, unplayable.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Were you a Hazard fan? Don’t remember you posting much during his time in England.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think Kane as well to be fair, could keep Sp**s competitive all on his own.

Also Virgil was once there as well for me, I’d say around the time of Liverpool’s league win, unplayable.

Oh I just kept it to Arsenal.

Kane for me undoutedly was world class. Peak Virgil for me as well. I don't let rivalry refrain from calling a player world class or not.

SA Gunner

Oh I just kept it to Arsenal.

Kane for me undoutedly was world class. Peak Virgil for me as well. I don't let rivalry refrain from calling a player world class or not.

Cesc final season would you say?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Were you a Hazard fan? Don’t remember you posting much during his time in England.

Was hot and cold on him, so glad I didn't post during his peak :lol:

I downplayed him a bit because I was envious that Arsenal didn't have him but I definitely rate him a lot more now retrospectively than I did at the time.

Wrongly, I think not getting him and getting Gervinho instead (felt like a pattern of signing the wrong players from the right teams) contributed to me being Wenger out and if I didn't vocalise it that's how I felt at the time.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Course we do.
Saka and Martin and Cockers are
Jesus is WC in everythng except scoring unfortunately
Martinelli will get there soon enough
Saliba is there sniffing

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom