• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So Sp**s will have a bigger capacity than us? Time for us to use all that money we've got on the stadium, 70k fans sounds good.

Bould14

Interesting developments in London now with West Ham, Chelsea, and Sp**s expanding. We could always expand our stadium if needed we have those gaps next to the pitch still. Granted I think we should not to one up Sp**s, but for better atmosphere. The trick for Spuds is going to be handling the debt, and getting a competitive team to challenge for the title.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sure we could get a few thousand more fans in just buy making the seats smaller, they're like ****ing cinema seats.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
CJY-FgAVAAAK54u.png
A skywalk for when their fans finally lose hope of ever finishing above us and then commit mass ****.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Think we didn't have permission to expand?

Don't think Emirates is that nice tbh, could've been a lot sexier imo. I mean it's obviously a great stadium but it could've looked much better even.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The Emirates needs a designated singing section first or anything to try and improve the atmosphere, before we start thinking of stadium enlargements.

The atmosphere on average is pretty ****e let's be honest. Our team and the stadium deserves better.

BobP

Memri Fan
Remember reading our stadium could have been bigger but the council prevented it because of material constraints E.G. Public transport capacity restrictions.

We have like 20000 people on the waiting list for season tickets I think.

Also remember reading how our roof could be lifted to add another level.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Remember reading our stadium could have been bigger but the council prevented it because of material constraints E.G. Public transport capacity restrictions.

We have like 20000 people on the waiting list for season tickets I think.

Also remember reading how our roof could be lifted to add another level.
Yeh it's down to the council, there's probably a couple of other aspects to it too like policing and consideration for the local residents. Maybe the council will soften with these other stadiums going up if we push harder, there's the potential for a few thousand extra by raising the stands in the curved corners and more from pushing the seating right up to the pitch ala Old Trafford and by making the width of the seats smaller.

BobP

Memri Fan
That's something I definitely want, seating which is closer to the pitch, would be more intimidating I feel.

jerome2158

Established Member
Can't compare them I think. Emirates is already almost a decade old, design ideas and build methods have changed. I think building an entirely new, giant stadium is something a clubs management can't quite fully understand until they've done it.

I don't understand the purpose of these mega stadiums with 70,000+ seats though. You might fill it for the real big name matches, but the vast majority of the time there will be a lot of empty seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom