• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 0 - 2 Liverpool | Sunday 7th January | KO: 16:30 GMT | BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-blog.png

Screenshot-20240102-082031.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 0-1 Liverpool

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ramsdale
Tomiyasu
Saliba
Gabriel
Zinchenko
Partey
Rice
Ødegaard
Saka
Havertz false nine
Jesus

Looks good.

Small changes from me though. I'd switch out Havertz and bring in Martinelli. We need to get Gabby back in business again and this is his favourite team. I assume TP5 is out, so I put Jorgi in instead.

Martinelli Jesus Saka
Rice Ødegaard
Jorginho
Zinchenko Gabriel Saliba Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

Most importantly, I want to see more direct play. Use our high press to create the needed high turnovers, and more passing vertically.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

If there ever was a game that should have the tired label "Must win" this is it.

Lose here & the season is dead on arrival. Win & we can salvage it by securing 3rd & a record 15th FA Cup.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu
Saliba
Gabriel
Zinchenko
Partey
Rice
Ødegaard
Saka
Havertz false nine
Jesus

Looks good.

Small changes from me though. I'd switch out Havertz and bring in Martinelli. We need to get Gabby back in business again and this is his favourite team. I assume TP5 is out, so I put Jorgi in instead.

Martinelli Jesus Saka
Rice Ødegaard
Jorginho
Zinchenko Gabriel Saliba Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

Most importantly, I want to see more direct play. Use our high press to create the needed high turnovers, and more passing vertically.

Is Zinchenko fit to play? He has a calf strain, that could mean anything from 1-3 weeks.

perth gooner

I hope Arteta plays a full strength team. We need to go all out and try to win the FA Cup. If, as expected, we fall in the league and UCL, this will be the only way to salvage something this season. And it would be brilliant to extend our record as the most successful club in FA Cup history.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
FYI tube trike scheduled near this game, could be an empty ground! (Strikes are often cancelled at the last possible moment though)

frankgm

I was just looking for games to watch today, this week, over the weekend as you do?
BBC Sports have a video of the last time we played Banter FC in the FA Cup. Spoiler alert Anfailed lost. LAL. Will it be Jurgen Klopp.......
More like Jurgen Flopp....

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

We'll lose and Jota will score, really hate this season so far. The lads don't even give a fck about winning.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
We’ll be up for this. I’m sure if it. Coupled with Salah/Endo gone for them I think we go through and hopefully it kickstarts a revival of our season.

It’ll be too late for the league but there’s other trophies still.

3-1 to Arsenal. I’m never this optimistic about Liverpool but this is happening I can feel it.

coleio

If there ever was a game that should have the tired label "Must win" this is it.

Lose here & the season is dead on arrival. Win & we can salvage it by securing 3rd & a record 15th FA Cup.

I wouldn't say third in the league is even a salvage. At the moment we should still be aiming to win it. Man City have got us thinking to win the league we cannot afford to lose more than a game or two. I don't think this is the case with how teams are taking points off each other.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We’ll be up for this. I’m sure if it. Coupled with Salah/Endo gone for them I think we go through and hopefully it kickstarts a revival of our season.

3-1 to Arsenal. I’m never this optimistic about Liverpool but this is happening I can feel it.

@db10_therza saving Riou from the desert of despair like...

m-dasIZBOvGI0uwjG1VLVjhyeD8YJnSNNIsaujxk2qI.jpg

...feel we will win this now!

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

You're setting yourself up for some massive disappointment. There is something wrong with our guys this season. We won't win anything. I'm here to remind you of that.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
You're setting yourself up for some massive disappointment.

Perhaps. And you're already massively disappointed. I'll rather have a few more months of hopefull bliss thanks.

Riou

You're setting yourself up for some massive disappointment. There is something wrong with our guys this season. We won't win anything. I'm here to remind you of that.

Nevermind I am depressed again...

9eb4c55cfbd09bbdd142e14703814d6d.jpg

...4-0 loss 😢

Riou

"Oh Charlie George who can hit em" ...

...I was a young boy of -20 years old when that happened, but will never forget listening to that piece of commentary on my tv back then 😍

Tnegs

You can’t be saying there is something wrong as if that something is a mysterious entity and not clearly pictured in your avatar.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't say third in the league is even a salvage. At the moment we should still be aiming to win it. Man City have got us thinking to win the league we cannot afford to lose more than a game or two. I don't think this is the case with how teams are taking points off each other.

Easier said than done when we can't buy a goal.

This, of course, is compounded by the transfer rumors which have us reinforcing every position imaginable except the attack.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

@db10_therza saving Riou from the desert of despair like...

View attachment 20900

...feel we will win this now!

@db10_therza clearly doesn't care about historical accuracy bringing plastic to the Classical Antiquity era.

I'm curious how such disdain for our planet is allowed to be brazenly flaunted like this?!!

And saving @Riou from impending doom is beyond the pale.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think my main wish for this game is to not pick up any serious injuries.

Other than that I hope we play a good game. Liverpool will use this game to see how they can trouble us next month, so I'd like us to put in a good performance, but also keep something in the tank for February from a tactical standpoint.

Game could go either way, but I think we'll prevail at home. It would be interesting to see if we adapt our game in any way, particularly the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom