• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is there a Balon d'or chat thread?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Saka or Bellingham then 😉

Harry Kane is in for a shout tbh. If England do anything at the Euros with him as captain + Bayern potentially winning the CL.

People speak about Haaland smashing records but Kane has 21 G/A in 13 games in all comps for Bayern so far whereas Haaland has 16 G/A in 15 games. Got my money on Kane to win that race between the two.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Harry Kane is in for a shout tbh. If England do anything at the Euros with him as captain + Bayern potentially winning the CL.

People speak about Haaland smashing records but Kane has 21 G/A in 13 games in all comps for Bayern so far whereas Haaland has 16 G/A in 15 games. Got my money on Kane to win that race between the two.
Interesting that 2 of top 4 candidates are English. Can Southgate still bungle it? Absolutely but talent wise England and France clear of other big sides

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Kane needs recognition

Haaland is amazing in the box but Kane creates so much. Unfortunately I can't see it happening for Kane. Haaland will be the next anointed one as this is how these things work

Farzad Stoned

Kane needs recognition

Haaland is amazing in the box but Kane creates so much. Unfortunately I can't see it happening for Kane. Haaland will be the next anointed one as this is how these things work
If he keeps killing it and Bayern wins CL he could win it and if he has big tournament and England take Euros he should win it. if England get first major trophy in 50 years and he scores a bunch of goals they will give to best English player. Just shows what escaping Tottenham will do for your career

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Interesting that 2 of top 4 candidates are English. Can Southgate still bungle it? Absolutely but talent wise England and France clear of other big sides

I very much doubt it with Southgate. He suffers from the reactive gene that many other managers these days have. All he has to do is pick a decent line up with the talent at his disposal and they’d have a good chance. He should just stack the team with technical players and hope they come through:

Foden Kane Saka
Maddison Bellingham
Rice
Henry Stones White Walker
Pickford
Only a manager with cojones would go with a lineup like that imo.

Farzad Stoned

I very much doubt it with Southgate. He suffers from the reactive gene that many other managers these days have. All he has to do is pick a decent line up with the talent at his disposal and they’d have a good chance. He should just stack the team with technical players and hope they come through:

Foden Kane Saka
Maddison Bellingham
Rice
Pickford
I like the line up you take Pickford over Pope, but he always takes Pickford. There is so much talent I can’t see them not reaxhing later knockout rounds. If anyone can kick France’s midfield’s a.s it is Bellingham and Rice. He is a very cowardly manager. He has sort of tge opposite end of the Arteta problem, Mik has too much confidence in his own dumb ideas; Southgate has no ideas.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Hopefully football can recover from such a disaster year now that the "GOAT" who actively avoided the best league in the world through his entire career got his gifts.

Underwhelming end for an underwhelming era.

Farzad Stoned

Hopefully football can recover from such a disaster year now that the "GOAT" who actively avoided the best league in the world through his entire career got his gifts.

Underwhelming end for an underwhelming era.
How did he avoid England? He never wanted to leave Barca. He had one chance to play for another club and he chose yo play with Neymar his buddy and Mbappe in Paris. Still playing regularly in CL. After WC you could tell at 36 guy was in semi retirement mindset after winning every conceivable trophy. You can’t fault for taking a nice payday to play in USA and increase his exposure in USA. He created a fever rush of celebrities to MLS game. It was good for him and he is basically retired. He said himself he just didn’t want it as much after WC. After 20 years almost of top flight football at highest level, he didn’t want to keep proving himself, why would he have to. Pele by the way had a stint at Cosmos

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Messi over Haaland? No way, that's Messi getting the C.Ronaldo treatment for a change and getting a non deserving of Ballon D'Or.

Martinez? Are you kidding me? Must be based solely on his WC peformances as Martinez had a poor season by his standards last year for Villa and probably wasn't amongst the top 8 or 10 best performing PL GKs.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Foden Kane Saka
Maddison Bellingham
Rice
Pickford

England has so much talent they are one of the favorites to win the European championship tbf.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Messi over Haaland? No way, that's Messi getting the C.Ronaldo treatment for a change and getting a non deserving of Ballon D'Or.

Martinez? Are you kidding me? Must be based solely on his WC peformances as Martinez had a poor season by his standards last year for Villa and probably wasn't amongst the top 8 or 10 best performing PL GKs.
Messi dint deserve to win this one.Its the oil money qatar got to host the world cup.Then messi has been gifted world cup and now Ballon d’Or
Halland scored 50 plus goals but they judged only 8 matches.I agree world cup is the greatest stage of all but you can’t ignore the premier league or the champ league
Football is not same anymore

HattoriHanzo

Messi deserved it completely.
He was the main driver leading his national team to WC title, in the most important and biggest sport competition last season.
I'm not saying that the rest of Argentine NT are farmers, but with the exception of Lautaro (who was bad at WC) and Alvarez, I don't see other first class players.

Had France won in final, Mbappe would deserve it.

I must admit, I don't rate Haaland a lot.
How can a guy who is just the 3rd best and most important player in his club (Rodri and KDB are better and more complete players than him) win Ballon d'Or?
He was invisible in CL final.
Had he been Ballon d'Or material, he would lift his NT to a higher level, helping them at least to qualify for some big tournament (Euro or WC).
So, Haaland definitely didn't deserve it.

It may sound blasphemy here, but I rate Harry Kane higher than Haaland.
And the way Bellingham is developing, he will be better than Haaland very soon.

Messi can enjoy his retirement now.

Mitch

Messi deserved it completely.
He was the main driver leading his national team to WC title, in the most important and biggest sport competition last season.
I'm not saying that the rest of Argentine NT are farmers, but with the exception of Lautaro (who was bad at WC) and Alvarez, I don't see other first class players.

Had France won in final, Mbappe would deserve it.

I must admit, I don't rate Haaland a lot.
How can a guy who is just the 3rd best and most important player in his club (Rodri and KDB are better and more complete players than him) win Ballon d'Or?
He was invisible in CL final.
Had he been Ballon d'Or material, he would lift his NT to a higher level, helping them at least to qualify for some big tournament (Euro or WC).
So, Haaland definitely didn't deserve it.

It may sound blasphemy here, but I rate Harry Kane higher than Haaland.
And the way Bellingham is developing, he will be better than Haaland very soon.

Messi can enjoy his retirement now.

Been my main gripe with Ballon D'Or winners that it has been awarded to the WC winning side or CL winning side best player rather than the best performing individual player over the year like it should be (done Ronaldo some favours as there was a couple of Ballon Dors he got were Messi clearly out performed him).

The Ballon D'Or should Should be based on the course of the whole, Haaland's individual performance during that period outshone Messi (I say that as a huge massive Messi fan).

HattoriHanzo

Been my main gripe with Ballon D'Or winners that it has been awarded to the WC winning side or CL winning side best player rather than the best performing individual player over the year like it should be (done Ronaldo some favours as there was a couple of Ballon Dors he got were Messi clearly out performed him).

The Ballon D'Or should Should be based on the course of the whole, Haaland's individual performance during that period outshone Messi (I say that as a huge massive Messi fan).

The World Cup is the most important and prestigious football competition in the world, and in the year of WC it is always most important factor when they rate Ballon d'Or candidates.
This is how it is.

Haaland couldn't even lead his national team to WC, therefore he didn't deserve it.

Haaland is not even the most influential and important player in his club, Rodri and KDB are more important and influential than him.
And he was invisible in CL final.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think that you mean Haaland had more key moments than Messi, on the eye, even this year Messi >Haaland. I agree with your criteria for the award too.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not really any stands out this year, arguments for a few. Haaland was incredible but factors like being quiet in the CL final maybe come into it. Mbappe probably gets it if France win the World Cup, hat trick in a final and all that.

They where never going to give it to anyone other than Messi in the year he finally wins the big one though.

Black Noir

Haaland Just unlucky it was World Cup season. Good way for the best player ever to bar out to be honest.

Mitch

The World Cup is the most important and prestigious football competition in the world, and in the year of WC it is always most important factor when they rate Ballon d'Or candidates.
This is how it is.

Haaland couldn't even lead his national team to WC, therefore he didn't deserve it.

Haaland is not even the most influential and important player in his club, Rodri and KDB are more important and influential than him.
And he was invisible in CL final.

I don't think an individual award should based on their team success but based on their individual's performance.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom