• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Italian Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostarac

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Excellent piece. Never knew about this guy.
Can you do one on Cesare Maldini please?

Thanks. I will try to make one about Cesare aswell. Watch this space, there will be some articles about other legends such as Zoff, Conti, Rossi, Fachetti, Baresi and so on.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Aussie said:
Those Juve fans had no idea what hit em tonight.

Didnt shut up for the first ten minutes, after that didnt hear them all night. Never seen such a bunch of srcuffy bastards either (apart from scousers), I thought Italians were supposed to have a sense of style?!

And what was that banner "you are gunners, we are guniness all about"? Obviously something lost in translation!

Mostarac

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Didnt shut up for the first ten minutes, after that didnt hear them all night. Never seen such a bunch of srcuffy bastards either (apart from scousers), I thought Italians were supposed to have a sense of style?!

You have to remember that they are JuventusMerda-supporters, Merda-supporters do NOT have style, haha.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Mostarac said:
RockyRocastle said:

You have to remember that they are JuventusMerda-supporters, Merda-supporters do NOT have style, haha.

Going by the picture of that guy you just posted above and the state of his barnet I now think this whole 'italians have style' thing is a big myth!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
And what was that banner "you are gunners, we are guniness all about"? Obviously something lost in translation!

Guiness?

I guess that'd be a reference to the black and white colours shared by both the beer and the "Old Lady" maybe?

Mostarac

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Going by the picture of that guy you just posted above and the state of his barnet I now think this whole 'italians have style' thing is a big myth!

Haha, Italians in general have style, trust me. But, when it comes to Merda, their are just as dirty as the way they have won their trophies over the years.

Mostarac

Established Member
Cesare Maldini was born 5 February 1932 in Trieste. Even though he was a great player, he is more known for his career as a manager. He made his playing debut for Triestina on 24 May 1953, and was captain of Triestina already that season. From 1954 to 1966 he played for Milan. He played 347 matches and scored 60 goals for Milan. Maldini won 4 Lo Scudetto`s and Coppa Latina playing for Milan. He was the captain of Milan in 1963 when they won the European Cup against Benfica at Wembley. This title was very importnant to both Milan and Italian football, it was the first time since the end of WW2 that a Italian team had won the European Cup. Maldini finished his playing career at Torino, and he was also a highly successful player for Italy. After he had retired in 1968, he started his new career, as manager for Foggia. He went to Ternana from Foggia, and then further to Parma. He took Parma from Serie C to Serie B. From 1980 to 1986, Maldini was the assistant for Italy`s legendary manager Enzo Bearzot, and he was a part of the management which saw Italy win the World Cup in 1982. Then Maldini took over the Italian Under-21 team from 1986 to 1996. During this period, his Italian team were European Champions for 3 consecutive tournaments. In December 1996, Maldini was the new manager for the Italian national team until the World Cup in 1998. After a unfortunate World Cup, Maldini got the job as Milan`s technical director. Maldini replaced Zaccheroni as the Milan manager in March 2001 until the end of that season. After that period, he returned to his normal job, as the technical director. He became the new manager for Paraguay`s national team in December 2001, he led them at the World Cup in 2002. Cesare Maldini is certainly a legend, both as a player for the legendary Milan-team, and as a manager.

cmaldini.jpg

img52869.jpg

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Mostarac said:
Tony Montana said:
Excellent piece. Never knew about this guy.
Can you do one on Cesare Maldini please?

Thanks. I will try to make one about Cesare aswell. Watch this space, there will be some articles about other legends such as Zoff, Conti, Rossi, Fachetti, Baresi and so on.

My mate once rambled that kind of names to a girl who found guys speaking italian sexy and she didn't have a clue

Mostarac

Established Member
As I am staying the next week with my family in Milano, I have managed to get a ticket for me and a friend to Fiorentina-Roma. I am looking forward to that match, hopefully it will be a exciting match.

Mostarac

Established Member
Derbies and importnant rivalries(I will give them grades from 1 to 10 which indicates how big and importnant these derbies/rivalries are) in Italian football(had to write eight instead of 8 in some brackets because of the emoticons which came):

Derbies:
Derby Della Madonnina: Milan-Inter(7).

Derby Capitolino: Roma-Lazio(9).

Derby Della Lanterna: Genoa-Sampdoria(9).

Derby Della Mole: Juventus-Torino(eight).

Rivalries:
Milan-Juventus(eight).

Inter-Juventus(eight).

Roma-Juventus(eight).

Fiorentina-Juventus(9).

Local derbies:
Atalanta-Brescia(9).

Triestina-Udinese(7).

Verona-Vicenza/Venezia(7).

Bologna-Parma(7).

Cesena-Rimini(7).

Livorno-Pisa(9).

Fiorentina-Empoli(6).

Fiorentina-Livorno/Siena(7).

Reggina-Messina(7).

Palermo-Catania/Messina(eight).

Bari-Lecce(7).

Napoli-Avellino/Salernitana(9).

Fiorentina-Bologna(7).

Roma-Napoli(eight).

Palermo-Cagliari(7).

Napoli-Palermo(7).

Canuck

Established Member
Just wondering, you don't hear too much about it in the International press...but is the Italian press making any noise about Inter not fielding enough Italian players? If I remember right, they fielded a team earlier this season with no Italians in the starting XI.

Mostarac

Established Member
Canuck said:
Just wondering, you don't hear too much about it in the International press...but is the Italian press making any noise about Inter not fielding enough Italian players? If I remember right, they fielded a team earlier this season with no Italians in the starting XI.

There is some criticism against Inter in the Italian media, but not as much as Arsenal get in the English media. It is mostly opposition supporters who make fun out of Inter for this.

Mostarac

Established Member
There is almost half-time in Treviso-Juventus and Lecce-Milan, no goals so far in those two matches.

Mostarac

Established Member
JML said:
Is Del Piero playing?

Del Piero is not playing, he is not on the bench either. And, Lecce are leading 1-0 over Milan, Konan scored the goal for Lecce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom