• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I can see us selling the pair of them if we find buyers. We’re not really replacing a lot when it comes to Özil and Mkhitaryan. It’s not like with Ramsey where you lose goals and assists. Özil can be replaced by adding another creative midfielder. If we’re talking about the version of Özil that gets 20 assists in a season then yeah it’s impossible to replace him. This seasons Özil has just added a creative touch in the final third, something easily replaced. Mkhitaryan could probably be replaced by Suarez he’s been that ****.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Papers are throwing in Özil's name for more clicks. Other names won't generate any controversy amongst our fanbase.

However, if we have to sacrifice the prince to please the gods and be cured of El-stafi-son then so be it.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
sei_60445912.jpg

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
So much nonsense in this thread. We aren't getting a huge free for Özil AND shifting his wages. He's 30, and the only clubs that could even afford that are either well stocked, or don't even accommodate a number 10.

Our squad is incredibly patchy. Don't be fooled by our league position. Emery is over performing. We need reinforcements but you do not start by selling off some of the actual established quality we have.

The suarez transfer should be a clear indicator of what we are going to need to try and do. Unearth someone. Find value. We won't be doing this to such an extent.

say yes

forum master baiter
We should take the best offer on the table and run.

Özil is done at the top level. Priority now is getting his ridiculous wages (~£20m/season) off the books.

If we can get a decent (/any) fee on top of that then great but I wouldn’t be splitting hairs over it - let’s get rid and move on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We should take the best offer on the table and run.

Özil is done at the top level. Priority now is getting his ridiculous wages (~£20m/season) off the books.

If we can get a decent (/any) fee on top of that then great but I wouldn’t be splitting hairs over it - let’s get rid and move on.

I said this at the start of the season but we’ve completely f*cked ourselves with that contract.

He clearly doesn’t want to leave and even if he did, how many clubs in Europe would want him at half his salary?

My gut is we’re going to be stuck with him in a Winston Bogarde situation until 2021 unless he decides he fancies living in LA or New York and the MLS bails us out.

say yes

forum master baiter
I said this at the start of the season but we’ve completely f*cked ourselves with that contract.

He clearly doesn’t want to leave and even if he did, how many clubs in Europe would want him at half his salary?

My gut is we’re going to be stuck with him in a Winston Bogarde situation until 2021 unless he decides he fancies living in LA or New York and the MLS bails us out.

We should do what Michael Owen did: make a brochure of all his attributes and then post it around Europe to the big clubs and hope someone bites. Maybe include some print-outs of posts from @blaze_of_glory / @razörist so they’re conned into thinking he’s been playing well this season.

More seriously though, I think his name still has enough lustre about it that there will be teams interested if the price is low enough. This summer might be our last opportunity though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No way are we going to let Ramsey, Özil, Mkhitaryan and Welbeck during this summer.

We would be left with Auba, Laca and Iwobi for 4 positions in the first team, and 4 positions in the squad. What the actual **** would that be? We aren't going to buy 5 attackers.

I cannot imagine how we could solve Ramsey AND Özil leaving, when our attack was thin even with them. We are lucky Auba & Laca didn't get injured because I cannot even imagine what would have happened if they picked up a knock...

I think we could lose all of the aforementioned names to be honest if we persist with two strikers in our team. Buy this Martinelli kid and have him and Nketiah as back up. I'd be prepared to give ESR and/or Nelson a bigger role. Go big on a top cm (We have to replace Ramsey) and bring in wide talent like Fraser.

For the record, I'd rather keep one of Özil or Mkhi and Welbeck, but can imagine why we would not (high wages, arguably both declined in performance).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We paid 42m for Özil and have had 6 seasons out of him. Resale value Isn't that important. I wouldn't be upset to lose a bit on quality and invest in youth a potential. Just throwing names out there but Martinelli (have never saw him play!), Lozano, Neres, Fraser, Nelson, Saka these types of player can bring excitement despite having nowhere near the class of an Özil or Mkhi.

progman07

Established Member
I think we could lose all of the aforementioned names to be honest if we persist with two strikers in our team. Buy this Martinelli kid and have him and Nketiah as back up. I'd be prepared to give ESR and/or Nelson a bigger role. Go big on a top cm (We have to replace Ramsey) and bring in wide talent like Fraser.

For the record, I'd rather keep one of Özil or Mkhi and Welbeck, but can imagine why we would not (high wages, arguably both declined in performance).
Don't get me wrong I cannot imagine us playing great football with the current attacking midfielders and would definitely look to improve on them in the next 3 transfer windows. It's just that number-wise we are very short right now, after the recent headless clearout without real replacements.

I'd love to see Nelson and ESR tear the league apart, and agree that we must add fast, dynamic attackers to the squad - the problem with the youngsters are that Emery doesn't seem to trust them, and can we put as much pressure on them? Can they show the consistency necessary during a whole season?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This Özil situation is somewhat similar to the Rockets maxing out on Chris Paul's deal with $160m for 4 years and he's having his worst season with not much impact in the playoffs so far.
Özil didn't give a sh*t anymore after he signed the new deal last year and nobody's gonna get this bum off our hands now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

it's going to be difficult maybe a trukish club will make an offer and Özil accept a pay cut or something other than that i can't see it he not going to China or US.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

it's going to be difficult maybe a trukish club will make an offer and Özil accept a pay cut or something other than that i can't see it he not going to China or US.
We need to finance a move for this guy, take a low transfer fee or offer to pay some of his wages for a bit. Get him out. His love and passion for football is nothing on other players. He doesnt suit Emery regardless.

Arson Finger

We've got to do a swap deal to get him gone. A swap lets the other club move some of their wages to make room for Özil.
Maybe we can work something out with PSG. We wouldn't get anyone back who is great, but maybe they have someone they don't want to pay who would fit in better with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom