• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nikolay Dimitrov

asajoseph

Established Member
Know nothing about him, but can't say I'd be overwhelmed if we sign him.

We'll see, I suppose.

Still don't know if anyone's actually watched him play - Sabre, you're harping on about him a lot - is he any good?

Rohit

Established Member
Won't be overwhelmed either but happy that Wenger is acknowledging we have a problem on the wings. Whether Dimitrov is the answer only time will tell. Would have been happier if he were a right sided winger, then i would try hard to convince myself that Wenger won't pursue with Eboue on the wing. I ll be worried till we don't sign a right side winger

famous no 10

Established Member
Well, it's not going to break the bank, if the 700k is accurate.

Hopefully, we'll still have a sizeable amount left to buy another cb, oh, and a 'keeper...and a dm, and a replacement for Hleb...and another forward.

Perhaps not...

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Last time I checked, Dimitrov wasn't impressive in a u21 friendly against Portugual. Bulgaria were overwhelmed by Porteguese's skill level most time of that game. On wiki, Dimitrov was selected only once for full international. That kinda says about his current level. Unless Dimitrov develops other weapons in his repertoire, I still doubt if he can walk into the starting XI of Arsenal's Carling Cup team based on the glimpse I had on him.

Illusion

Established Member
Hey guys, a Winger is a Winger is a Winger, let's not get funny over who it is.

I've been saying for weeks how I'd take practically any Winger on the planet ahead of Eboue/Diaby on the wings so I am happy with this signing.

It's better than nothing and it's a start, not to mention a seriously cheap price for an international player even if it is only one cap so far.

sabret00the

Established Member
kooldawg said:
well if we do sign him then it would be an indication that Hleb is probably off to Inter milan.
what you talking 'bout willis?

we initially bought dimitrov in, in the winter for a trial, he impressed but we sent him home to gain some more first team experience and now he's back. he's basically the signing which means no more diaby.

sabret00the

Established Member
Just extended highlights of a game or two and the usual youtube nonsense. It's not much to go off but i have a great feeling off this. It matches my feeling from when we signed Edu.

qs

Established Member
Rohit said:
Would have been happier if he were a right sided winger, then i would try hard to convince myself that Wenger won't pursue with Eboue on the wing. I ll be worried till we don't sign a right side winger

Surely we need a left winger more? Walcott and Hleb are both better on the right. Fair enough you don't want Eboue played there but we've absolutely no one for the left bar Rosicky who is constantly injured.

sabret00the

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Is Dimitrov actually any good?

Tried youtubing him, but even his clips there weren't all to special - anyone got the lowdown?
surely that's a good thing given that the youtube clips or hleb made him out to be prolific and rosicky's clip made him look more than average.

Rohit

Established Member
qs said:
Rohit said:
Would have been happier if he were a right sided winger, then i would try hard to convince myself that Wenger won't pursue with Eboue on the wing. I ll be worried till we don't sign a right side winger

Surely we need a left winger more? Walcott and Hleb are both better on the right. Fair enough you don't want Eboue played there but we've absolutely no one for the left bar Rosicky who is constantly injured.

Yes, actually we do. Hleb has played so much on the left this season, i started considering him as a left winger. you are right though we needed a left winger too and now Wenger needs to sign a right sided winger and shift Eboue to RB as 2nd choice. That gives us good cover at RB and we are sorted on the wings :)

number_0

Established Member
If wenger was actualy going to buy dimiritiv, why didnt he buy him in january when he would've been useful?
If he buys him now he is aknowledging his mistakes of not strenghening.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Bayern Munich are monitoring developments on Oleksandr Zinchenko [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom