• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nikolay Dimitrov

longrufus

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Merida and Lansbury, are two of the best youth CM's in the squad(Any Arsenal fan that watches them will tell you this), How are they going to break in, when they have Song, Cesc, Denilson, Flamini and Diaby ahead of them. That is 5 players all under 23, all will big futures, all with International credentials. None of these players will be leaving any time soon, so inevitably Merida and Lansbury will end up leaving.

Thats merely opinions, 5 years ago everyone spoke about Aliadiere Bentley et al the same way yet look where they are. In the current youth set up there is only a couple of players who I think could really make it. Barazite in particular looks head and shoulders above everyone else in the squad, and I think he has a big future here.

A few years ago, everyone (including Wenger and all those assosiated with the club) were talking about Bentley, Aliadiere, Muamba etc just like your (and they) are talking about the current crop. Just because a player has the potential to make it doesnt mean he will. Nothing has actually changed, in recent times, we have a similar group of very talented young players, a couple may break through but the reality is the majority will move on. At no club do young players get more chances than here at Arsenal, so every young player has plenty of chances to show what he is worth.

I just think everyone is over ambitious with the young players in the academy.

Asterix

Established Member
I think the discussion above merits its own thread rather than taking this one over. Please keep future discussion in here limited to transfer speculation.

sabret00the

Established Member
lee1001 said:
sabret00the said:
bluenaz said:
sabret00the said:
longrufus said:
Really? Given, Kolo hasn't been great since coming back, but Eboue's preformance in the CL against Milan was for me his best ever performance for us on the wing. Its about the only time I have got the feeling he could actually do a job for us long term out wide.

Nice to see you again by the way.
at best he's a squad player and he'll never challenge a proficient first teamer for his position on the wing, for me that's a problem. i think dimitrov could come in and instantly challenge for a starting place on the wing opposite hleb.

Have you seen him play before? It seems like you rate him highly (could he be Riberyv2 for you? ;))
I'd actually love to see him play more, i've only watched a couple games but he impressed me thoroughly. I feel he adds another dimension and he's the closest to an orthodox winger that can work with our game seamlessly. In this current era of Arsenal football where the wingers are relied upon for penetration and close quarter assists i feel this man is the key to the evolution of our game. Ribery Mk 2? I wished but he's as close as we're likely to get, and i for one am willing to put in Ribery style work to see him come here. At only £1m too, we'd be insane not to buy him. If things don't work out for him, we'll easily double his purchase price in a sale to a mid table club.

You don't think Vela will be playing there for the next couple years?
what on the wing? i hope not? we've seen the devestation that real wingers can do in this league and in europe. as a team we were once semi-reliant on our wingers. the wing isn't a training ground for youngsters and should be given more respect than that. i'd rather have players like Ronaldo and Nani devastating defences and creating chances over making sure players like Vela don't flop in the reserves.

sabret00the

Established Member
My mate phoned me during the game to let me know that according to 5Live, Dimitrov is back with us. Sounds like our first signing to me.

longrufus

Established Member
You know Wenger is all about the numbers, with Hleb, Rosicky, Walcott, Vela, Dimitrov he'll think he has more than enough options and quality, then the likes of Eboue, Diaby and even Traore and other youth players can get a game.

Considering at the start of the season we looked short out wide yet Wenger did nothing. The adding of Vela and Dimitrov would surely be enough in Wengers eyes.

stiiphunn

Established Member
How good is that Dimitrov? Because if he's quality and if Hleb stays, then that's enough as far as the wings are concerned. Even though I wanted a RW instead of a LW...

mindchnger

If we do get Dimitrov then I doubt we'd seriously be in for Ben Arfa, which sucks... even if he always was going to be a little too expensive for Wenger's liking.

sabret00the

Established Member
In my opinion, he can become a world beater, but if he there yet? Nope? if we're looking to improve significantly we'd need at least one other winger and i think Ben Arfa is an easy option.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Well as I mentioned earlier, with vela coming back, walcott and possibly dimitrov(who I hope we get), we have a frightening set of young talent on the wings to terrorize any defence with their skill, agility and pace

I wont believe those reports till I hear something official cos you friend could be chatting s**t sabre but he is a very talented young player that looks ready for the big stage Already...The estimated price is a bargain, suprised no big team is after him

asajoseph

Established Member
Is Dimitrov actually any good?

Tried youtubing him, but even his clips there weren't all to special - anyone got the lowdown?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Link on wiki now says he is being bought to teach ade how to pass and go round a keeper lol

I told you dont believe nothing till its official

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Can't say I'm terribly overjoyed with this guy to be honest.

If he ends up being as good (or better) than Modric though, I will eat my hat.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom