• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonade

Established Member
I left Danny out; my bad. He would be the one player I would trade off our squad for Draxler, but I don't think Wenger thinks like that or is ruthless to that degree. So Danny stays for now, and really, how much of the field does he see this season when healthy? An odd game here or there to give Alexis or Giroud a break is all I can see.

12TimeWinners

I never got the Draxler hype tbh. I don't think he'll become a top class winger although he might become very good.
If you're a fan of De Bruyne, I think this kids every bit as good
5hzdgp.gif

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Shame? Why? We can't buy every available player. We have a full squad (minus an adequate second DMid) with full squad financial obligations. Who sits if we sign Draxler? Theo? No. Alexis? No. Ox? No. JW? No. Ramsey? No. Özil? No. Santi? No. You could say Giroud, but Draxler is not a striker. And whoever sits till has to be paid and we have Gnabry, Akpom (who I'm not sure is going to make it here), Iwobi (a talent), and el Jefe on the rise.
No room in the Inn, I'm afraid.
It's a shame because I personally like him compared to half the technically inept attackers that we have. It's not gonna break our summer if we aren't in for him, but once the window closes and we have no one new and Giroud is on holiday mode because he tires after two games in a row, I'll be thinking it might have been nice to have got him.

As for the bolded, neither is Theo really. But couple of games against joke teams and we are seriously considering putting the midget up top.

BigDane

If you're a fan of De Bruyne, I think this kids every bit as good
5hzdgp.gif

As I recall that's a pre-season friendly game, can't take anything away from these games.

Draxler is very overhyped in here - if he was as good as we think he is he wouldn't be going to Juventus. That being said, Juve have the best track record with these kinds of signings, so he'll probably stay injury free for two years, explode in Serie A and transfer to Real for a record breaking fee.

neimad

As I recall that's a pre-season friendly game, can't take anything away from these games.

Draxler is very overhyped in here - if he was as good as we think he is he wouldn't be going to Juventus. That being said, Juve have the best track record with these kinds of signings, so he'll probably stay injury free for two years, explode in Serie A and transfer to Real for a record breaking fee.

So on the one hand your saying he's over hyped but on the other your saying he's going to explode and will probably join Real on a record breaking fee?

Having seen the level he reached against Chelsea I don't think there's any doubting this lads talent. Be interesting to see how he performs in Serie A. I personally think he'll flourish given the opportunity.

BigDane

So on the one hand your saying he's over hyped but on the other your saying he's going to explode and will probably join Real on a record breaking fee?

Having seen the level he reached against Chelsea I don't think there's any doubting this lads talent. Be interesting to see how he performs in Serie A. I personally think he'll flourish given the opportunity.

Yes, he is very overhyped, decent season a year back but just missed a season through injury, not putting up good numbers, no consistency etc. People think he he could walk into our team and do a job for us at CF, he most certainly couldn't. Think Welbz is the much better squad player at the moment.

Second part was with regards to Juve, they have a way of squeezing every bit of talent out of players - even injury prone ones. Think Draxler is optimizing his chance of becoming a good player by going there.

neimad

Yes, he is very overhyped, decent season a year back but just missed a season through injury, not putting up good numbers, no consistency etc. People think he he could walk into our team and do a job for us at CF, he most certainly couldn't. Think Welbz is the much better squad player at the moment.

Second part was with regards to Juve, they have a way of squeezing every bit of talent out of players - even injury prone ones. Think Draxler is optimizing his chance of becoming a good player by going there.

Yeah he missed 17 games through injury which I think would affect anyone's stats significantly. I don't think he'll be at the De Bruyne level of figures just for the style of play alone. De Bruyne is more direct where as Draxler will try more exquisite pieces of skill to fashion a chance. I'd love to have this guy here but I can see why Wenger might baulk at the asking price. Also our current team needs goals in any attacking acquisition and you probably wouldn't get that immediately as he acclimatises to the league.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yes, he is very overhyped, decent season a year back but just missed a season through injury, not putting up good numbers, no consistency etc.
Hardly surprising Arsenal fans over hyping the type of player you described, sounds suspiciously like Jack Wilshere ,only I know it's not him you are referring to. Could be Diaby, maybe even the Ox. I can name drop a few more just to highlight why we get over excited about young injury prone players who have had a few stormers and not much else, you could say it's our DNA.

Edit. They are holding out for 34m few more offers left on this one

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Its funny to think Gary Cahill went for £7 million just over 3 years ago and now you have the equivalent of a player going for 4 times that. Madness.
It'll get worse as well, read that the Bayern chairman might go in for De Bruyne this summer because he expects prices to rise again next summer.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
It'll get worse as well, read that the Bayern chairman might go in for De Bruyne this summer because he expects prices to rise again next summer.
De Bruyne to Bayern eh? Surely that would mean someone like Gotze would be off. Hell even Lewandowski..Muller played most of his games last season at ST and is Bayern's golden boy..De Bruyne could come in to play behind him.

Sorry i couldn't resist haha desperate to nick some of their attacking talent. It's not fair how good their squad is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom