• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That's the world Chelsea live in, Wenger would never pay that price for a such a unproven and over rated player (thank the lord)
Paid half that for a less proven player twice from the same club. One of the players was a starter in division 2 with 20 games under his belt the other a reserve with around 20 games.

At least Stones has PL experience at a decent club showed consistency and has been called up for his country before a high priced move.

Edit .Forgot about Theo also. There are three players . Wenger helped make this situation by paying lots of money for less proven English players .

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Paid half that for a less proven player twice from the same club. One of the players was a starter in division 2 with 20 games under his belt the other a reserve with around 20 games.

At least Stones has PL experience at a decent club showed consistency and has been called up for his country before a high priced move.

Edit .Forgot about Theo also. There are three players . Wenger helped make this situation by paying lots of money for less proven English players .

Which is testament to Wenger's sound management. Stones won't go onto be any better than Chambers but will cost around twice as much. Chambers wasn't less PL proven than Stones last summer and he'd had as good a season last year despite being a year younger.

Wenger planned for HG players early and brought in prospects and players into the academy to plan for this. Chelsea/City haven't done that and paying through the nose now.

All of our HG players in Ramsey, Walcott, Chambers, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Bellerin, Coq, Gibbs cost around the price of one Raheem Sterling

EDIT I forgot Welbeck, but still

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Which is testament to Wenger's sound management. Stones won't go onto be any better than Chambers but will cost around twice as much. Chambers wasn't less PL proven than Stones last summer and he'd had as good a season last year despite being a year younger.
The fact Stones was the back up for the World Cup in 2014 and was brought to the USA before the world cup so he knew the squad not only implies it verifies he was more proven.

Chambers at that point was a reserve for Southampton.

Anyway, Wenger may have prepared for it but he helped fuel the bubble. Someone who has had over 40 games for a club like Everton is more valuable than a guy who had 20 odd games in league 2. You might say two divisions up twice the price. You might not. I don't know, don't really care.

You’re worth what someone is prepare to pay for you.

That said, I wasn’t impressed by Stones in the recent U21 tournament and won’t lose any sleep over Chelsea planning to replace JT with him.

I remember people wincing when Leeds – and then Man Utd – paid the sums they did for Rio Ferdinand.

Stones now is nowhere near Ferdinand’s level then.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The fact Stones was the back up for the World Cup in 2014 and was brought to the USA before the world cup so he knew the squad not only implies it verifies he was more proven.

Chambers at that point was a reserve for Southampton.

Anyway, Wenger may have prepared for it but he helped fuel the bubble. Someone who has had over 40 games for a club like Everton is more valuable than a guy who had 20 odd games in league 2. You might say two divisions up twice the price. You might not. I don't know, don't really care.

You clearly don't have a clue about economics if you think Wenger 'fueled a bubble'. There aren't many good homegrown players, a PL squad requires 8 homegrown players. Therefore supply and demand dictate good homegrown players will cost vastly more than none homegrown players. It's simple economics, if you think Wenger's the reason for that you can't be very smart.

rony_henry

Romero is nowhere near De Gea. Don't know about Di Maria and Depay though, the Angel is a better player but Memphis could have a bigger impact.

BigDane

Romero is nowhere near De Gea. Don't know about Di Maria and Depay though, the Angel is a better player but Memphis could have a bigger impact.

Let's see how he does first, never been tested outside the dutch league.

Comparing Angel Di Maria to Depay is pointless, they're worlds apart.

amirkat

Established Member
This di Maria thing is a shambles and barely anyone is talking about it :confused:

British record fee paid for "world class" player who ups and leaves one season later. And he's pining for PSG?! And apparently he's not even turned up to ManU's training.

I watched ManU a lot last season, and whilst di Maria didn't set the world alight (I've always thought he was overrated though), he wasn't THAT bad. He was the one player who injected pace into the side with his dribbling of the ball when they weren't hoofing it up to Fellaini.

£60 million asset gone after one season. Ridiculous.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
This di Maria thing is a shambles and barely anyone is talking about it :confused:

British record fee paid for "world class" player who ups and leaves one season later. And he's pining for PSG?! And apparently he's not even turned up to ManU's training.

I watched ManU a lot last season, and whilst di Maria didn't set the world alight (I've always thought he was overrated though), he wasn't THAT bad. He was the one player who injected pace into the side with his dribbling of the ball when they weren't hoofing it up to Fellaini.

£60 million asset gone after one season. Ridiculous.
Mate completely agree! How much was 'Özil the flop' painted all over the media in 2013/2014.. Di Maria and Manure seem to have got away unscathed from all this.

65 mil, flops massively for the price and is shipped off within a year? Embarrassing stuff from that club.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

You clearly don't have a clue about economics if you think Wenger 'fueled a bubble'. There aren't many good homegrown players, a PL squad requires 8 homegrown players. Therefore supply and demand dictate good homegrown players will cost vastly more than none homegrown players. It's simple economics, if you think Wenger's the reason for that you can't be very smart.
You cant be very smart at all because you clearly can't read. I never said he fueled it ,I said he HELPED fuel it. By purchasing young English talent at way above their actual value, Walcott, the Ox ,Chambers he helped set a precedent that You pay over the odds for promising young English talent. Other factors contributed to the vast bubble, the requirements, the swirling money in English football, and Wenger long before it became necessary or popular was paying 10m plus for unestablished, unproven, untested, promising English talent. Wenger helped (key word again HELPED) set a precedent that the starting price for young English talent, even from the bloody second division of English football, can have a starting price of 10m. What's that make the starting price for a player playing regularly in the Premier League? Higher.

amirkat

Established Member
Mate completely agree! How much was 'Özil the flop' painted all over the media in 2013/2014.. Di Maria and Manure seem to have got away unscathed from all this.

65 mil, flops massively for the price and is shipped off within a year? Embarrassing stuff from that club.

I wasn't going to bring that up, but the media narrative comparison for both is a joke.

eye4goal

Established Member
Its funny to think Gary Cahill went for £7 million just over 3 years ago and now you have the equivalent of a player going for 4 times that. Madness.

Cahill was 6 months away from the end of his contract at the time. Its a similar situation to Chambers(£16m!) and Shaw. Its a risky one, but it seems they've been following him for a long time(before his Everton move).

neimad

I wasn't going to bring that up, but the media narrative comparison for both is a joke.

Yeah for 2 reasons

A) The media love united and know they have the largest following so don't want to antagonize the majority of their market base.

B) They love turning the knife on Wenger. They like to paint him as a French Basil Fawlty. Some of the headlines during the years have been a disgrace.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Apparently LVG has 'no idea' of Di Maria's current whereabouts, imagine if that was us, would probably make the front pages.

Malky

Established Member
Apparently LVG has 'no idea' of Di Maria's current whereabouts, imagine if that was us, would probably make the front pages.
The media would make a circus out of it, Wenger would no longer be fit for the job and we would be branded a joke of a club!
Unbelievable the little the media has said about the whole Di Maria saga, United pay a record fee for him, he flops and instead of sticking around to show he's better than that - he bottles it and is being sold to PSG.
Yet there is still useless ****s in the media that talk about Özil being a "flop" o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom