• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Winter 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart

Established Member
Well thats just it, you never know. But it just seems like spending for the sake of spending to me. The fact that he cant get in the Lyon team and its Sp**s and PSG fighting for his signature doesn't install me with fear

stiiphunn

Established Member
Impossible to know indeed.

It's a Bent like signing tbh. The opportunity is there so you take it without really thinking it through. I completly agree with you.

Will be interesting to see how that develops.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
missed this earlier...

Manchester City are close to a deal for German striker Lukas Podolski. (Various)

If Podolski ever gets his head screwed on straight, he could be lethal. He scores for fun with the NT, but can't score for his club.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Chelsea are prepared to pay £40m to sign Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o should Didier Drogba leave Stamford Bridge. (Sunday Express)

Meanwhile, Drogba has told Ivory Coast team-mate Yaya Toure he wants to join Barcelona, AC Milan or Real Madrid. (Mail on Sunday)

Newcastle and Manchester United are battling it out for the signature of Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov. (Mirror on Sunday)

And the two teams could do an £18m deal that would see midfielder Michael Carrick leave Old Trafford for St James' Park. (Daily Star Sunday)

Manchester City and Aston Villa are interested in Real Madrid forward Julio Baptista, the Brazilian who played on loan at Arsenal. (News of the World)

Craptista needs to come back to England!

thegame24

Established Member
i swear ****ing carrick if he goes for 18 million again i dont understand it.

If he can be sold for 18 million i would be wiling to sell fabs for about 80 milion

and selling carick already? fergie is a **** faced **** who thinks this is championship manager

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Bosnia&Herzegovina and HNK Hajduk Split player Hrgovic is apperenly wanted by many, and he is apperently very close to Napoli.
Is this true Mos?
If so good news for Hrgovic and Bosnia&Herzegovina.

Mostarac

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
Bosnia&Herzegovina and HNK Hajduk Split player Hrgovic is apperenly wanted by many, and he is apperently very close to Napoli.
Is this true Mos?
If so good news for Hrgovic and Bosnia&Herzegovina.

Its looks like its true, mate. In a article on Sportin, they say that the main people from Poljud think the deal is almost 80% done. Would be a great transfer for Hrgovic and for our national team without a doubt :wink: .

thegame24

Established Member
they can have gilberto on his form.

we are gonna need a midfielder though, diarra was a big loss of talent.

They can also give us berba :D

LMAO

thought it was our gilberto.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I read that Bayern allowed Podolski to leave for a loan.
Is there any truth in that and is there any apeculation about that?

DREVAK

Established Member
Not the most interesting of news, but interesting enough to fit here, I think. There is a rather large amount of speculation in the local media surrounding Milan Baros. And it's not just local, I seem to recall his name being mentioned here and there on various English sites as well. If what they say is true, his move to Portsmouth is imminent. Supposedly club officials have already met, Lyon is willing and Portsmouth is wanting, seemingly nothing can stand in Baros' way. If, and in my opinion it is a fairly large – but not huge – if, it is true.

Local news also says that any resolution of the matter will have to wait until after Lyon face, um, St. Etienne I believe. On Sunday. Portsmouth are supposed to sign Baros on loan until the end of the season with the option of a permanent deal. Who knows whether this piece of news will or won't be true. Should it really happen, I don't really know what to think. Unlike others, I haven't written Baros off. At least not completely, that is. Because even his greatest fans, something I most definitely am not by the way, have to agree that his career has not been exactly on a rise.

However, at the same time, I think he still might show he is a decent player. He scores the odd goal or two when he comes off the bench for Lyon. But he is something of an idiot and has only himself to blame for going on a slow but steady downward spiral. I bet he could do quite okay at Portsmouth, if he gets his head sorted a bit. Or if he gets influenced by leadership that will help him with that sorting. He is no world class player, but if the move turns out to be real, and if Baros gets in shape, mentally speaking (uhm), then he might do just fine.

kamikaze80

Established Member
baros is terrible.. zero ability to link up with teammates or even get his head up to find a pass. awful, awful player.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Tottenham are set to complete a £16.25m double move for Rangers full-back Alan Hutton and Newcastle centre-back Jonathan Woodgate. (Various)

Bolton manager Gary Megson also wants to sign Barcelona's former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen. (Mirror)

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish is on the trail of Schalke 04's Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands. (Mirror)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom