• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 3 - 3 Southampton | Friday, April 21 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

20:00 kick off, so no sunlight in this for Casper to go missing as every dog in the PL will be watching this game closely on a Friday night after a long week at work:

Epar-x8XcAAn4HN

Form:

C8909C96-2BBB-4E86-80C7-E4EBFB2C58C4.jpeg

If Saliba isn’t fit then I’d start with this:

Trossard
Martinelli Ødegaard Jesus
Zinchenko Jorginho
Tierney Gabriel White Partey
Ramsdale
Partey can invert during the game next to Jorginho with Tierney playing in a 3 at the back similar to what Pep is doing. We’ll have more bodies in the middle of the pitch and dominate the game imo which we’ve been lacking in recent games.

This is our best time to try something different and be creative before we go to the Etihad.

Arsenal 4-0 Southampton

Let’s FOGGIN DO THIS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I would go to City and play all three of them.

Martinelli-------Jesus--Trossard-----Saka

---------Xhaka----Jorginho-----Partey
------------Kiwior----Gabriel---White

I'd drop Ødegaard and Zini. I don't want control of the ball, I want to hurt them. Let them have the ball, stay compact and plug the holes. Sit deeper and dominant the ball in the air and leave no space behind.

Play with a back 6 and front 4. Let Trossard drop in and leave Jesus up top.

Partey, Jorginho, Xhaka are all capable of playing the ball in behind for one of the 3 or finding Trossard through the lines.
I wish we would ever have a manager who'd do something like this as a one-off. I reckon we'd shock the **** out of City and beat them.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Was one moment of lighthearted relief yesterday when 3-1 down, people were leaving in droves, and some guy behind me was shouting at them "SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!" "Go and support Man City" :lol: :lol:

Mind you the majority came back to their seats after the equalizer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Jesus christ can't believe one player could cause this from 2nd to 19th. Arteta if Saliba don't play again this season he has to find something to make it work Holding is our Maguire but 10x worse.

i honestly just don't know what Mikel see in Holding i can find many defenders in relegation sides that are miles better he has to be sold after this season i don't care if he like Arsenal or good for dressing room the guy not good enough don't fit a top 4 team high line system.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could use someone like him for this run in, he's a top defender when trophies are close to being won (see the differences in his performances for us in 19-20 when he knew we couldn't win the league versus how much of a titan he was in the FA cup winning run) a proper leader too, a motivated Luiz wouldn't have let us crumble against West Ham and in this match...

...man has won everything, but still begged Arteta to play him in the Community Shield despite being injured just so he could try and pick up another medal... guy's an addict 😅

GDeep™

League is very weak
Could use someone like him for this run in, he's a top defender when trophies are close to being won (see the differences in his performances for us in 19-20 when he knew we couldn't win the league versus how much of a titan he was in the FA cup winning run) a proper leader too, a motivated Luiz wouldn't have let us crumble against West Ham and in this match...

...man has won everything, but still begged Arteta to play him in the Community Shield despite being injured just so he could try and pick up another medal... guy's an addict 😅
Top defender? Pack it in.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Top defender? Pack it in.

In a final or a run in like this, you would want him playing...especially over some of the options we currently have.

Badly struggles for motivation unless something is really on the line and can become a bit of a liability, but usually really steps up when the pressure is on.

Kinda like the opposite of Koscielny, who was a very consistent defender but did tend to usually crumble when the heat was really on...if you had both in your squad and rotated them correctly, you might never lose!

GDeep™

League is very weak
In a final or a run in like this, you would want him playing...especially over some of the options we currently have.

Badly struggles for motivation unless something is really on the line and can become a bit of a liability, but usually really steps up when the pressure is on.

Kinda like the opposite of Koscielny, who was a very consistent defender but did tend to usually crumble when the heat was really on...if you had both in your squad and rotated them correctly, you might never lose!
Just read the first two lines. No, you wouldn’t want him playing, the guy was a clown of a defender.

Why don’t you piss off to ShedEnd and rub him off up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom