• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Crystal Palace 0 - 1 Arsenal | Monday 21st August | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_blog.jpg

Predicted Lineup

Prediction

Crystal 0-2 Arsenal

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

he had two golden opportunities laid on a plate

Guy is 24 now, can't be talking about potential any more
The chance that Saka created, Nketiah did everything right to make it such a good chance. Perfect movement with the ball considering where the defenders were. Can't fault him at all in that, he shot with his wrong foot and it hit the post. It wasn't on a plate like the Rice chance.

How often 24 year old strikers are in their prime? Striker position is such, that the mental fortitude for especially finishing usually requires older age. But also to combat EPL defenders, you need to be fully grown and very physical. For wingers it's totally different. Strikers usually hit their prime later.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I don’t think we’re paying him what is being reported.

But I also never wanted him to come here anyway. Time will tell if it was a good transfer or not.

Now answer my questions…
So you answer by not answering. Yes we did blow up our wage structure for a flop to change his position. What is your question?

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I am not talking abt the just last minutes but the whole game
Pls google player ratings of all the players
You will get your answer
Arteta is toying with the whole team and tactics to fit this controversial signing

We've won both our league games with this system using Havertz so what's the problem? Performance was fine keeping a clean sheet with 10 men for half an hour. Not sure what the problem is????

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I've been unimpressed with Eddie, I think his overall game is OK (not good or bad) but he had two golden opportunities laid on a plate and the rivals strikers (Haaland etc.) are always burying those chances. Tbh I'd back Jesus to bury that Rice through-ball and the one that hit the post.

Guy is 24 now, can't be talking about potential any more
If he did nothing in the build up but put them away like Haaland then what can I say? You can't actively hurt the rest of the attack and then not finish sitters put on a plate for you. I don't see how anyone could be a fan of that. The one thing he's meant to be is clinical and he's been anything but since the United match. Even someone like ESR who might do virtually nothing else is finishing basically any half chance in the box. The 9 either has to link play like Jesus and Trossard or be dominant in the air and adept at laying the ball off like Havertz. Nketiah offers nothing beyond making every other attacking player's job harder.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
So you answer by not answering. Yes we did blow up our wage structure for a flop to change his position. What is your question?

My answer was that the premise of your question is built on very shaky foundations. It may have skipped over your head.

What the fk has this got to do with my post that Gabriel isn’t going anywhere was my question.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

The chance that Saka created, Nketiah did everything right to make it such a good chance. Perfect movement with the ball considering where the defenders were. Can't fault him at all in that, he shot with his wrong foot and it hit the post. It wasn't on a plate like the Rice chance.

How often 24 year old strikers are in their prime? Striker position is such, that the mental fortitude for especially finishing usually requires older age. But also to combat EPL defenders, you need to be fully grown and very physical. For wingers it's totally different. Strikers usually hit their prime later.

Eddie certainly has some qualities to his game, but can you honestly say you're happy with his level? I think he's 1-2 levels below what we should expect for a title challenging striker.

Maybe comparing to Haaland is harsh, but Alvarez also buries one or both of those chances and enables the team to relax much earlier in the game. As does Salah, Mitoma, Isak, Wilson, hell even Trossard. You can't have a 24 year old CF who misses so many chances and is also average in build up and patchy in other areas of the game.

Tbh I think he's a Chelsea/Sp**s level player not Arsenal, and we should look to move him on in the summer.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
We've won both our league games with this system using Havertz so what's the problem? Performance was fine keeping a clean sheet with 10 men for half an hour. Not sure what the problem is????
I agree the team won both the games
I feel it was not the level required to win the league
Last year the club player much better football
After spending 200 million the team should get stronger than last season
Arteta is playing with the system to fit Havertz and its not working
Tomiyasu was left exposed and martinelli dint have a good game as well

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Did Palace even threaten us with 10 men? I'm still unconvinced by Havertz but I've made peace with the fact he's basically a hard working 8 off the ball and a space creator on the ball looking to get on the end of moves. He's not a heartbeat player like Saka/Ødegaard and is more of an end product/chaos type player with high workrate like Martinelli, albeit in a different mould.

Farzad Stoned

My answer was that the premise of your question is built on very shaky foundations. It may have skipped over your head.

What the fk has this got to do with my post that Gabriel isn’t going anywhere was my question.
Arteta blowing up wage structure and a month later Gabriel wants out for money reasons. It isn’t a coincidence i explained it to you. Everyone is going to want more money because you are paying a million a month for total ****. Don’t play dumb you know what a cancer the Havertz wages are. You think Havertz took a massive pay cut to come here ? Based on what? You just don’t chose to believe facts because it shows Arteta to be maybe dumbest guy in history of European transfer market. I can’t think of a dumber buy in 30 years of following club football. Even if the guy is good to decent still highly stupid because of secondary effects

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Eddie certainly has some qualities to his game, but can you honestly say you're happy with his level? I think he's 1-2 levels below what we should expect for a title challenging striker.

Maybe comparing to Haaland is harsh, but Alvarez also buries one or both of those chances and enables the team to relax much earlier in the game. As does Salah, Mitoma, Isak, Wilson, hell even Trossard. You can't have a 24 year old CF who misses so many chances and is also average in build up and patchy in other areas of the game.

Tbh I think he's a Chelsea/Sp**s level player not Arsenal, and we should look to move him on in the summer.
I agree with what you mostly say, and he has this year to improve.

Just pointed out those things I said in my reply. The other chance he was big part in making himself and did everything right. It's an exception when a 24-year old striker is in their prime burying all the chances in the best league in the world. For strikers you can easily still talk about potential at 24 years old.

Farzad Stoned

This is fking fiction man. You can (and will) run with it anyway because you’re untethered but whatever
No it isn’t you are pretending Havertz took a completely unreported pay cut to be here, and pretending that destroying our wage structure for a flop won’t be noticed by our other better players and their agents. Nice Ostrich defense i do say, pretend there was a fictional pay cut and that none of the other players or agents would notice or care.

Arteta is dumbest guy in history of European transfer market. The guy everyone pulls over the barrel Boehly did Arteta and stuck us with a multiyear disaster for a fortune. Who is dumber than Boehly in transfer market. Only one guy let me get you started:

We got Super Mik!

teamsoutheast

Did Palace even threaten us with 10 men? I'm still unconvinced by Havertz but I've made peace with the fact he's basically a hard working 8 off the ball and a space creator on the ball looking to get on the end of moves. He's not a heartbeat player like Saka/Ødegaard and is more of an end product/chaos type player with high workrate like Martinelli, albeit in a different mould.

Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle could only draw at Selhurst Park last season. And Palace were very unfortunate against Man City but for Haaland's 78th minute penalty. We came here and got a result and we've done it again this time having a clean sheet and ten men for 30 minutes. That's not easy....

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

No it isn’t you are pretending Havertz took a completely unreported pay cut to be here

Wtf? I think he’s on the same wages he was on at Chelsea… At no point has anyone said anything about a pay cut. You’re moving unhinged right now.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle could only draw at Selhurst Park last season. And Palace were very unfortunate against Man City but for Haaland's 78th minute penalty. We came here and got a result and we've done it again this time having a clean sheet and ten men for 30 minutes. That's not easy....
It's crazy to me how everyone here saw how we struggled in the final third without Jesus last season but are now wondering why we don't look as dangerous up front without Jesus to start this season while incorporating a new system with new personnel. This is what frustrates me. Agenda will always trump objective reality. We saw all these things in our familiar system with Nketiah up top last season. It has nothing to do with Partey's postion or Havertz or Rice. It was all there with literally everyone available but Jesus last season. All of the spacing issues and disjointed moments were there, everyone witnessed them and yet now they'll blame everything but the obvious issue to try to reinforce their ridiculous agendas against either the manager or one of the new signings.

teamsoutheast

I agree the team won both the games
I feel it was not the level required to win the league
Last year the club player much better football
After spending 200 million the team should get stronger than last season
Arteta is playing with the system to fit Havertz and its not working
Tomiyasu was left exposed and martinelli dint have a good game as well

One could say, that a tough away win at Selhurst Park with 10 men for 30 minutes which last season Man City barely won with a penalty and Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle could only draw is the level required.

Only Man City have not conceded a goal so far this season and interestingly, we are the only team along with Crystal Palace, who have conceded a league goal....

Farzad Stoned

Wtf? I think he’s on the same wages he was on at Chelsea… At no point has anyone said anything about a pay cut. You’re moving unhinged right now.
Then if he is on same wages he blows up our wage scale. From every reporting i read he got a pay bump on his Chelsea wages.

Can you remember ever a club doing what we did with Havertz and Chelsea? Paying over valuation and full wages for a three year flop to convert him? Name one other time some deal like this has be done, because for life of me i can’t remember a more strategically idiotic buy that is why i am unhinged. Arteta is dumbest guy in transfer history

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Then if he is on same wages he blows up our wage scale. From every reporting i read he got a pay bump on his Chelsea wages.

Can you remember ever a club doing what we did with Havertz and Chelsea? Paying over valuation and full wages for a three year flop to convert him? Name one other time some deal like this has be done, because for life of me i can’t remember a more strategically idiotic buy that is why i am unhinged. Arteta is dumbest guy in transfer history
This is Edu's lane, Foamy McFoamerson

Farzad Stoned

This is Edu's lane, Foamy McFoamerson
You think edu bought Havertz to switch his position? You are a stupid yank. If the manager doesn’t push this deal it never happens. Edu throws out 5 million dollar bumps in offers like he is negotiating with his money.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

You think edu bought Havertz to switch his position? You are a stupid yank. If the manager doesn’t push this deal it never happens. Edu throws out 5 million dollar bumps in offers like he is negotiating with his money.
You're an absolute sweaty mess. Edu's lane is the fees/wages. Why do we have to handhold a "grown man" in his 50s behaving like this? Entitled brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom