• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Wolves | Saturday 2nd December | KO: 15:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Wolves.jpg

Screenshot-20231130-101720.png

Screenshot-20231130-101748.png

Screenshot-20231130-101805.png

Screenshot-20231130-101912.png

Screenshot-20231130-101949.png

Screenshot-20231130-102009.png

Screenshot-20231130-102041.png

Screenshot-20231130-102105.png

Screenshot-20231130-103247.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Wolves

benjamin86

Established Member
They playing hybrid lb who is mainly a cb. They not getting anything from him on attack. But he is left footed unlike timber
I don't see a reason why Timber can't play LB? With Tomi and Timber fit i'm not sure who would play which side tbh. (I think Tomi was a CB before joining us?)

Mohamed7

It was at the end when we were treading water and almost drawing
I know that but he could have avoided all that stress for himself and us by significantly improving his concentration, not like he didn’t get numerous warnings for his silliness.

Dropping points after that performance would have been devastating specially at home against yet another lower team.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kiwior, White and Havertz in against Luton, with Tomi coming in at LB/J20 in next to Dec against Villa?

Very hard to predict the team Arteta picks but our squad is on another level to last season.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not the ideal end, that's why they say 2-0 is a precarious lead in football!
Overall though it was a very good performance especially 1st half.
Should have probably scored 4 at least which would have made Zinnys error less of a talking point.

For all those having a go at Zinny, yes he needs to do better but please don't forget he is ostensibly a midfielder playing at LB.

Do I want him playing in the biggest games? Nah probably not, however let's not forget he is a valuable squad member & certainly offers enough quality going forward to be played in a lot of games.

Last edited:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Get ready because when Timber comes back and he takes his spot you'll see easily that going forward Timber will not be doing the same :lol:

Defensively and reading the game Timber's clear I'm not going to discuss that.
That is why Zinny should be a backup 8

Reactions: Xln

benjamin86

Established Member
Not the ideal end, that's why they say 2-0 is a precarious lead in football!
Overall though it was a very good performance especially 1st half.
Should have probably scored 4 at least which would have made Zinnys error less of a talking point.

For all those having a go at Zinny, yes he needs to do better but please don't forget he is ostensibly a midfielder playing at LB.

Do I want him playing in the biggest games? Nah probably not, however let's not forget he is a valuable squad member & certainly offers enough quality going forward to be played in a lot of games.
I think he's perfect for when you're playing against low blocks sticking 10 behind the ball but yeah in big games i'd much prefer Timber, Tomi or Kiwior at LB.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Saliba and especially Gabriel will be going mental towards Zinchenko in the dressing, losing our clean sheet like that was criminal ffs.

Whatever they're paid for their defensive duties is not enough in addition to having to cover his arse whenever he goes walkabout.

I'd have done like Will Ferrell & impaled him on a trident ages ago.

remains

Wtf has Kiwior done for ppl wanting him ahead of Zinchenko at LB? Let’s not forget Saliba made a mistake that could easily have led to a goal today.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Wtf has Kiwior done for ppl wanting him ahead of Zinchenko at LB? Let’s not forget Saliba made a mistake that could easily have led to a goal today.
You can count Saliba's mistakes on one hand and have fingers left. You can be out of fingers across 2 matches with Zinchenko. Absolutely silly comparison.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Zinchenko'a a good player, who makes a mistake rather to often.

While Saliba is a great player, who rarely makes a mistake.

Like comparing Jack Black and Jack White as musicians, let's not take the piss here lads 😅

remains

You can count Saliba's mistakes on one hand and have fingers left. You can be out of fingers across 2 matches with Zinchenko. Absolutely silly comparison.

Fair enough. Defenders will all make mistakes from time to time though and Zinchenko is a huge part of why we dominate most teams in the league and force them into putting everyone behind the ball. He is key to Arteta’s system.

Kiwior looks like a fairly reliable squaddie but I really haven’t seen much more than that from him. Certainly not enough to justify him being no.1 left back which is the main point I was trying to make.

Perhaps Timber will be the better option if he gets back to the same level.

He’s right, it’s the same with Jesus. If both were even a little better with their weaknesses they’d be world-class players.

How would you tune Jesus and Zinchenko training to get them to world-class standards? What does your analysis program tell you when you put the numbers into it?

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
He’s right, it’s the same with Jesus. If both were even a little better with their weaknesses they’d be world-class players.

They are both excellent players, if Jesus could bang in 30 a season and Zinchenko could defend flawlessly for 90 minutes every game then they would both still be at City, it is what it is.
Jesus in particular though, people who think we can easily upgrade him for someone more prolific hugely underestimate how good he is, the first time return pass to Zinchenko for Ødegaard‘s goal was such a difficult skill, I don’t see Toney, Vlahovic, Osimhen etc doing that.
It reminds me of Firmino at Liverpool, he scored what 10-15 goals a season but was absolutely integral to that team, they were half as good when he was missing.
Zinchenko however is becoming a bit of an issue defensively but similar to Jesus we play a lot better with him, we just need to figure out a way of having him play in midfield without relying on him defending at left back.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've only watched highlights but I'm delighted with the win. I bemoaned our lack of early goals last weekend and now, we have three over two games. We looked a lot more fluid but Wolves didn't seem that defensive and its a shame the two that hit the post didn't go in. Zinny's error was a spoiler but gradually, our attack is matching our defence. Four points clear is nice and hope City v Sp**s is a draw and Fulham can beat Pool tomorrow. We need all the help we can get and to keep on improving. COYG 💪

benjamin86

Established Member
He's just solid and doesn't make errors like Zinchenko which is what you want against top sides, Tomi at LB and White at RB would be my preference against Liverpool in a few weeks but i would always prefer Zinchenko at LB against any of the teams in the bottom half of the table.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I think he's perfect for when you're playing against low blocks sticking 10 behind the ball but yeah in big games i'd much prefer Timber, Tomi or Kiwior at LB.
👍 Hopefully we see what Timber can do next season.
Yes Tomi or Kiwior are better defensively but not as effective in attack. We don't score the 2nd today without Zinny.
Most teams are very defensive against us especially at home. If Zinny is inverting the back 3 should be able to deal with most situations.
The issue today was we never got the 3rd goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom