• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Burnley | Saturday 11th November | KO: 15:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Burnley-Arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20231109-063257.png

Screenshot-20231109-063325.png

Screenshot-20231109-063350.png

Screenshot-20231109-063430.png

Screenshot-20231109-063515.png

Screenshot-20231109-063603.png

Screenshot-20231109-063639.png

Screenshot-20231109-063704.png

lineup.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Burnley

steppenwolf

Established Member
Try getting around London today. It's easy when you're surfing the net or changing channels on TV.
Mate it was totally tongue in cheek)) Aimed at the 100+ min matches, not at the fans in any way

PS I'd like to have to get around London one of these days))

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I was one of the last to leave as usual. London will always be London. Love it to bits despite all the filth and the fury.
I stayed till the end too. Zinny was the last to leave the pitch. The others went in pretty quickly (not that I blame them- they must be exhausted!) Zinny went around the pitch clapping for fans then gave someone his shirt. Loved it. I'd started to go off him but was impressed with him today 😍

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Are you serious olivier?

Not sure how that’s a red. A bit reckless but not much contact there.

Red is really harsh

Guaranteed if that wasn't given on the pitch VAR wouldn't suggest he takes a look at it. Soft as baby **** that one.
Missed the game and just watched the highlights. How the hell was that a red? Did he even touch the Burnley player? The Burnley player afterwards tried to point to a mark but couldn't find one. Softest ****ing straight red I have seen. Michael Oliver has turned into one of the worst PGMOL referees around. He is absolute **** nowadays. Just the worst. :facepalm:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Missed the game and just watched the highlights. How the hell was that a red? Did he even touch the Burnley player? The Burnley player afterwards tried to point to a mark but couldn't find one. Softest ****ing straight red I have seen. Michael Oliver has turned into one of the worst PGMOL referees around. He is absolute **** nowadays. Just the worst. :facepalm:
For me, it is one of those orange cards. In the past, no, I doubt that would have been a red, but these days, if you go in that high, you're in trouble.

Which makes it all the more baffling how Kovacic was not sent off....

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
For me, it is one of those orange cards. In the past, no, I doubt that would have been a red, but these days, if you go in that high, you're in trouble.

Match context. A red in this game was not going to affect the result, whilst an early red in a top of the table clash will. Referees only willing to enforce the laws when its unlikely to see them having 1 hr segments on match of the day about their decisions.

The climate is creating worse refereeing decisions, think about most of the recent contraversial decisions, they have mostly been about not making a decision rather than making one.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Match context. A red in this game was not going to affect the result, whilst an early red in a top of the table clash will. Referees only willing to enforce the laws when its unlikely to see them having 1 hr segments on match of the day about their decisions.

The climate is creating worse refereeing decisions, think about most of the recent contraversial decisions, they have mostly been about not making a decision rather than making one.
I have honestly given top a bit with regards to the PL referees. I don't think they will give us a fair shake if they can avoid it. Just hope Arteta's and the club's pressure will bear fruit at one point. @MartiSaka think you are spot on. It is about match context. Think Oliver could show he is a good boy by giving us a red card, but at the same time not face much backlash from us and the clubs fans.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Decent performance & win.
Props to Zinny with a goal of the month contender!!⚽🔥

If you had said to me last season we could be without Ode, Partey & Jesus yet still win a midweek champs league game & prem one on the spin I would have gobbled it up.
😀

Take yourself to the Arteta thread right now and complain about sufferball or else.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Finally, the matchday icon has changed to reflect the matche's result!!

Thought we'd be playing into next week for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom