• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Chelsea | Tuesday 2nd, May | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Chelsea.jpg

Let's just beat these ****ers, win our remaining matches and finish the season on a high note.

The lineup picks itself

Prediction
Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

NZgunner

The performance against Chelsea was like us at the best we’ve been all season.
But do you think it was down to us playing really well, or was it just that the Chavs are the most desperately awful team in the league right now?

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
But do you think it was down to us playing really well, or was it just that the Chavs are the most desperately awful team in the league right now?

A mixture of both. Chelsea had a very strong lineup on paper, and it was a London derby they were up for it. We were able to play our game the way we usually play.

Southampton should have been an easier game but we were poor against Soton. Against Chelsea we did well.

NZgunner

no doubt the S'hampton result was terrible, but I think they played better than Chelsea, who I don't think were up for it at all

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
no doubt the S'hampton result was terrible, but I think they played better than Chelsea, who I don't think were up for it at all

You’re probably right, but my point is… if that game was in the middle of our best run all season, say before the world cup, and with all our players fit, then would the result or performance have been much different?
We haven’t completely dominated games all season. Most of our games at our best were like the Chelsea game yesterday.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Is this really your take after this season? Not to start a fruitless internet fight, but as an honest question. 4 games left to play and us top of the league, 13 points ahead of 3rd place Newcastle. If we miss out on the title it is to the usual Man City +90 point team. We have handled injuries, poor referee decisions etc. while playing some excellent football. The team is the second youngest in the league. Why should we not improve next season and challenge again?

I didn’t say we wouldn’t just said it’s not a given as progress is not always a straight steady line upwards.

These guys aren’t cerebral enough and play with their food as we saw with the 2-2 draws and even Chelsea.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I didn’t say we wouldn’t just said it’s not a given as progress is not always a straight steady line upwards.

These guys aren’t cerebral enough and play with their food as we saw with the 2-2 draws and even Chelsea.
Fair enough. Progress is not a straight line. I can live with that.

But don't forget the big jump we made just between last and this season. The fact that we are struggling to win the league this year is partly simple squad depth. We have struggled to digest certain injuries and some players are running on fumes a bit now as they did last season at the end. With some further good signings that might change.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Deep down ex-players literally do not give a sh*t about any of their former clubs, except maybe the boyhood club but even then. It’s a f*cking job man, Santa ain’t real. Stop crying cos Cesc said “we”, he’d say “come on you Sp**s” if someone offered him 100k, as would I! None of it matters!

I don't think that's strictly true. They spent a significant part of their prime and built their identity working with that club. The club for some becomes a community at least with the people they've worked with. Many times an ex-player will support his ex-team over his boyhood team. Sometimes they'll still have mates working at the club. They'll get invited to dinners and social events at the club.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Is this really your take after this season? Not to start a fruitless internet fight, but as an honest question. 4 games left to play and us top of the league, 13 points ahead of 3rd place Newcastle. If we miss out on the title it is to the usual Man City +90 point team. We have handled injuries, poor referee decisions etc. while playing some excellent football. The team is the second youngest in the league. Why should we not improve next season and challenge again?

I think my main concern is if the team gets downhearted after failing to win the title. Or get hungover from winning the title. Arteta requires an incredible amount of intensity from this team to get results. If the team goes off the boil we will tend to drop points. We could also do with being able to kill games off earlier so we aren't so dependent on last minute winners. While those are enjoyable it has to take it toll on players. We could also do with tightening up the defense probably with the addition of midfielders who are better defenders than we have

Also our half season form at best is going to be 40 points and I doubt we do that. Our first half season points was 50. So we have dropped off in our level unfortunately. Although the second half season includes 2 City games and Liverpool away so not really like and like

ptrcopp

I agree with other posters in that the first 40 minutes were up there with performances from earlier in the season. Chelsea were **** but you can only play what’s in front of you. They came with a low block and lacked any real fight for the first half.

However, I was disappointed by the second half. A team with something to play for or a little more confidence would have capitalised on the gift of their goal. I don’t understand the massive drop in our play to the point of making really basic defensive errors, like not following your runner when there’s no pressure on the ball, and mistakes in possession, like going forever backwards and then booting it forward

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I noticed this at the game. Strangely quiet without the drum. Very weird.There was a huge cheer when they came back.

Anyway, i was shocked by just how dreadful Chelsea are. Their plastic fans leaving at 3-0… :lol: It was easier for us than City last week.

Honestly, if @GDeep™ would have told AM last May that we’d beat Cheslea 3-1 to go 2 points clear with 4 to play, we’d have thought he was insane. I mean we think that anyway, but still…;) Instead, we’re still on a downer.

Chin up lads and up the appy ammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom