• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Brighton & Hove Albion 0 - 3 Arsenal | Saturday April 6th | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

images

Screenshot-20240404-105001-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240404-105023-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240404-105041-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240404-110108-Chrome.jpg

Prediction

Brighton 0-2 Arsenal

Henry boi

The slight concern for me was that Brighton were able to make progress by beating our high press at times. That ball going inside and then outside again gave us a lot of trouble.

Teams we still to face have noted that and will he doing it as well, in addition to whatever else they’ve seen. We need to close that off as soon as we can.
No they won't, it comes easy to Brighton because it's in their DNA to play through the press, teams won't suddenly know how to play the Brighton way because they saw them against us, that takes alot of practice to get it right
Brighton are up there with us and City in terms of playing from the back and through the press other sides ain't capable

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The slight concern for me was that Brighton were able to make progress by beating our high press at times. That ball going inside and then outside again gave us a lot of trouble.

Teams we still to face have noted that and will he doing it as well, in addition to whatever else they’ve seen. We need to close that off as soon as we can.
That’s Brightons signature move, they repeatedly cut through Liverpool like butter at Anfield the other day doing the same thing. I wouldn’t worry about it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Can’t believe people thought this game would be close lol.

The only troublesome games we’ll have is Sp**s and United away. Everything else will be fine.
Brighton weren’t out of it until the second goal. Plus we missed about 4 really good chances and you very often get punished for that in the Prem

In hindsight, we made lightwork of a tricky game.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Brighton weren’t out of it until the second goal. Plus we missed about 4 really good chances and you very often get punished for that in the Prem

In hindsight, we made lightwork of a tricky game.

Yeah it wasn’t an easy game at all. Brighton weren’t necessarily bad but we made them look quite average and limited their chances despite them having 55% of the possession.

I would like to think when we play the likes of Bayern, Chelsea, Sp**s and Utd etc we’ll bury those chances as if you leave the game open then you’re just asking for trouble against those sides. Let’s hope Jesus and Nelli both start firing as that’ll be a major plus with these games coming up.

Tom Mix

Brighton's possession mostly came when we had the game wrapped up at 2-0, we were happy for them to have the ball and sit in our defensive shape.

When the game was on the line in the first half we had >60% of the ball
Totally. Watching a game from start to finish gives you the true perspective, not looking at the stats.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Won't be long until we're comparing Saliba, Gabriel, Rice and White to the best players Arsenal have had in their positions.

This defensive unit is one George Graham would be proud of.

Gabriel in particular deserves special praise. The improvements in his game over the past 18-24 months have been exceptional. Well done to him.

I don’t think so. Comparisons to Adams, Campbell and Vieira are way off, now or in the near future.

You have to win something just to enter that conversation, for starters.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm rewatching the game now and actually around 90% of the game was played at a walking pace thanks to our methodical build up and positional play. It looks quite deceptive live compared to on a rewatch.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We played well, but not at our very best, but still dispatched a dangerous Brighton side with relative comfort, & we missed at least one very good goal scoring chance in 1st minute. Another clean sheet too.

Onto the next !

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Holy Jaysus we are hated so badly by every other teams fans🤣

The fact they are still saying the Jesus penalty shouldn’t have been is mind boggling.

Why do we trigger these fans so much???

Arsenal are back as a genuine threat & it irks them greatly.

Long may it continue!!

They've had a good time laughing at us but that's in the past.

Last edited:

dino bravo

Brighton's possession mostly came when we had the game wrapped up at 2-0, we were happy for them to have the ball and sit in our defensive shape.

It just looked like we were happy to let them have the ball and watch them pass it sideways for 20mins to conserve some energy as the game fizzled out to be honest. I never felt threatened for a moment.

Fabregasm

It just looked like we were happy to let them have the ball and watch them pass it sideways for 20mins to conserve some energy as the game fizzled out to be honest. I never felt threatened for a moment.

It's refreshing that we do not need to be always looking to be in 2nd gear or 3rd gear on the front foot but being comfortable being in reverse gear and yet getting more chances than our opponents

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So my girlfriend asked me for the tv remote.
I said: “ARSENAL”

She goes: “Where is that?”

I tell her: “On the top of the table, babe”

Are you wearing your full Xhaka Leverkusen kit here?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

I think that was more of a particularly impressive part of brighton's game rather than a weakness on our part. They are close to the best team in the league at playing out and beating the opposition press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom