• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday 23rd December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Liverpool-Arsenal.png

Screenshot-20231219-092754.png

Screenshot-20231219-092809.png

Screenshot-20231219-092831.png

Screenshot-20231219-092913.png

Screenshot-20231219-093004.png

Screenshot-20231219-092930.png

Screenshot-20231219-093024.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
When you think about it, there probably should be some kind of codified rule in regards to a cutoff for watering the pitch prior to the match. Given the danger to player safety as well as the integrity of the game that tactics like what Liverpool employed yesterday could cause, it should probably be banned through some sort of protocol.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Pool players slipped less, but they definitely were affected by it. Plenty of unforced mistakes when they were pushing forward simply because they weren't able to position their bodies properly.

If you want to complain about overwatered pitches, something that affects both teams, then take it to whatever God you support because it's just a consequences of too many games played and being on winter.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Those sort of poor quality pitch tactics are something you expect to see when travelling to a third division club, not one of England’s elite.

Karma has it that the injuries went Liverpool’s way but Saka easily could’ve been a victim, look at his slip during the Tsimikas one.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Decent game from us. Shoul’ve had a pk against, can’t understand how that wasn’t awarded. We were a bit unlucky with the injury to Tsimikas as Gomez is a much better defender.

The most striking thing to me in this game is they make three subs and it feels like it’s pretty much like for like and just fresh legs coming on, whereas we lower our overall quality with both subs.

Imagine being able to bring on a similar player in quality as Martinelli (eg, Neto) on to a game like this. That's where we're short imo.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Salah had a similar chance and it's not gonna be in the stats cause he passed it instead allowing Rice to recover
yeah like I said in beginning, let's just move on to the next game.

it's a draw in Anfield

Merry Christmas

How was that chance created? Because Ødegaard and Zinchenko crashed into each other due to the slippery pitch, that in itself was luck.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Just watched the game, decent point. Could be huge in the title race.

Zinchenko and Martinelli were atrocious. ****ing atrocious.
I wouldn't go that far, but Martinelli is not quite on his game & Zinny was caught once (which led to the goal). Not atrocious but we certainly need them to do better.

frankgm

Pool players slipped less, but they definitely were affected by it. Plenty of unforced mistakes when they were pushing forward simply because they weren't able to position their bodies properly.

If you want to complain about overwatered pitches, something that affects both teams, then take it to whatever God you support because it's just a consequences of too many games played and being on winter.
Not sure it affected them as they knew the score.
God? What are you on about?
Karma is that 2 of their players are now out, injured.
Never mind.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm sure the pitch was overwatered on purpose. Their ground staff are entitled to do that too. They did it against Real Madrid in the CL also.

It's not to try and make the opposition slip over, obviously that affects both sides.

It's to try and disrupt the shorter more intricate passing style we have and Real had. They're a bit more direct and the ball holds up a little more.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm sure the pitch was overwatered on purpose. Their ground staff are entitled to do that too. They did it against Real Madrid in the CL also.

It's not to try and make the opposition slip over, obviously that affects both sides.

It's to try and disrupt the shorter more intricate passing style we have and Real had. They're a bit more direct and the ball holds up a little more.

That ball where Jesus (IIRC) plays Saka through on goal in the first half on a "regular" pitch has Bukayo clear 1v1 on Alisson.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

When you think about it, there probably should be some kind of codified rule in regards to a cutoff for watering the pitch prior to the match. Given the danger to player safety as well as the integrity of the game that tactics like what Liverpool employed yesterday could cause, it should probably be banned through some sort of protocol.
Yeah. I saw a video of Saka falling and his knee joint properly hyper-extending. He could have been seriously injured

Synical

Miss Superstitious

As has been said Saka was close to being seriously injured....

Just seen this

Kostas Tsimikas: Liverpool defender 'out for a long time' with broken collarbone

How did this guy even break his collar bone from that interaction? He needs a DEXA scan to check him for osteoporosis because that is a typical harmless fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom