• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday 23rd December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Liverpool-Arsenal.png

Screenshot-20231219-092754.png

Screenshot-20231219-092809.png

Screenshot-20231219-092831.png

Screenshot-20231219-092913.png

Screenshot-20231219-093004.png

Screenshot-20231219-092930.png

Screenshot-20231219-093024.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The higher we start going the more you can start seeing who’s actually good enough.

Ben White is starting to show he may not be that guy, which is fine, the squad should evolve and show these things.

Sadly the same may happen for Martinelli.
Yeah certainly a question mark looming over Martinelli at the moment. He is someone who we would be able to cash in on for some very good money. I love the pace and intensity he can provide, but if he doesn’t transform into a 15+ goal a PL season forward then he probably doesn’t add enough to your general play to be a starter at a top team.

At the same time players don’t grow at a steady pace, he could get out of this bad patch better than ever.

Martinelli is 22 and he's had several games where he's been very unlucky. Zinchenko, moreover, does not complement his skills because he doesn't overlap and he's a defensive liability. Martinelli will bounce back on the wing or he'll transition to playing through the middle.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How was that chance created? Because Ødegaard and Zinchenko crashed into each other due to the slippery pitch, that in itself was luck.
considering he tried to Cruyff turn Salah and got caught earlier, let's just say I would have harsher words to say to him than just
"lucky Liverpool, Zinny clashed into a perfectly in position Ødegaard, stopping not only his shooting motion, freeing Salah from marking and giving them a great counter" if that counter has gone in
anyway, it didn't go in all is forgiven

PS :
Just now I watched Wolves vs Chelsea highlights, and Sterling had a chance where he robbed Wolves defender, goes 3v1 and Jose Sa magnificently blocked the shot. At no point, I feel either of them was lucky.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

considering he tried to Cruyff turn Salah and got caught earlier, let's just say I would have harsher words to say to him than just
"lucky Liverpool, Zinny clashed into a perfectly in position Ødegaard, stopping not only his shooting motion, freeing Salah from marking and giving them a great counter" if that counter has gone in

PS :
Just now I watched Wolves vs Chelsea highlights, and Sterling had a chance where he robbed Wolves defender, goes 3v1 and Jose Sa magnificently blocked the shot. At no point, I feel either of them was lucky.
Funny you mentioned wolves as Zinchenko was caught dribbling in our box earlier the game and did it second time and they scored. Zinchenko doing stupid things is not bad luck. It’s what he does.

Henry boi

I maintain that will probably end their title challenge at the Emirates, i saw enough to come to that conclusion, i personally think we will trash them badly

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli had an amazing run early on, sent Endo back to Japan and Trent back to his council flat superbly...then I think Konate tackled him and he just couldn't shake it off.

Think it was more a good performance by Konate than a crap one by Gabby, other players have quality players you know and everything doesn't just happen because our players are awful ffs 😅

what-the-hell-does-that-mean.gif

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
This is Holdingesque defending. There was no smart play here, just an Arteta xmas miracle with the ball bouncing a bit before TAA shot.

That's not to diss Rice either, it's a 4v1, nothing was expected of him to save that.

Except he forced Salah to pass… that’s big enough in itself

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

You’re not crazy don’t worry. Don’t listen to any of these man :lol:

Nah Im sorry bro.

@Rain Dance was partly right, but he was also talking nonsense.

I watched the game, it was an even contest. You dont say we were lucky for 90 minutes because of arguably one key moment which could have had us fall behind.

Last season we were lucky, this time our keeper for example, had literally nothing to do. That alone should give an indication of our ability to compete with them.

The numbers from the game do paint a good picture of what happened on the day.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Nah Im sorry bro.

We werent lucky on the balance of things. Last season we were lucky, this time our keeper had literally nothing to do.

I watched the game, it was an even contest. You dont say we were lucky for 90 minutes because of arguably one key moment which could have had us fall behind.

You can’t say Raindance was talking nonsense when you were arguing before you even watched the match.

I agree with you, we didn’t ride our luck for 90 mins, it was an even affair and draw is a fair result as Liverpool didn’t batter us.

However:

- the 4v1 (which wouldn’t negatively impact our xg cause Trent hit crossbar),
- the lack of clear cut chances other than the Martinelli slip (Saka and Martinelli still had a lot to do to score that)
- PGMOL doing their jobs correctly keeping Ødegaard involved

means there some luck was involved for it not to be 2-1 or 1 nil to Pool and this shouldn’t have been a debate.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You can’t say Raindance was talking nonsense when you were arguing before you even watched the match.

I agree with you, we didn’t ride our luck for 90 mins, it was an even affair and draw is a fair result as Liverpool didn’t batter us.

However:

- the 4v1 (which wouldn’t negatively impact our xg cause Trent hit crossbar),
- the lack of clear cut chances other than the Martinelli slip (Saka and Martinelli still had a lot to do to score that)
- PGMOL doing their jobs correctly keeping Ødegaard involved

means there some luck was involved for it not to be 2-1 or 1 nil to Pool and this shouldn’t have been a debate.

The reason I argued with him before I watched the match, was because the numbers were telling the story already.

@Rain Dance responds to me by saying that the numbers are telling me what I wanted to see. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, because perhaps it was my bias talking.

I have since watched the game, and the numbers actually do line up. Hence I double down and say he was embellishing things.

On the 4v1, that would have been a goal for sure 9/10. Had that gone in, the game state does change yes, and we could have conceded more because we would be taking more risks. But it didnt happen, and Liverpool did not threaten the game threafter.

Lack of clear chances from Arsenal - yes. Lack of clear chances for Liverpool - also yes.

PGMOL moment, sure I concede that. Its a penalty, but it wasnt given. Again... the game did not change from that moment, Liverpool could still not do anything sufficient to dominate us.

Long story short Macho. There were moments where we rode our luck, but those are two incidents in a 90 minute game. Where the reality was two teams who largely canceled each other out.

I wont even touch on the Martinelli moment, Jesus' two moments in the first half around the box, and the Saka potential 1v1 moment with Allison where he was tackled at the last minute.

They too were valid moments for us to take control of the game, but Im not going to sit here and say Liverpool were lucky to not concede at those moments and thus lucky to draw the game.

In the spirit of Xmas though, I cant continue to argue this point though... So I'll just say that we see it differently and that's cool. I could be wrong as well.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@SA Gunner @Macho it's cool, this is why a forum exists.
We don't see everything single minded, and it's okay. If anything, I hate conclusion based on popular view. Agreement is one thing, single minded hivemind is awful

Also, to reiterate the stats issue that @SA Gunner seems to get angry about.
My view all stemmed back to Giroud debates I had back then when people would use and still use the same stats today to criticize Gabriel Jesus.
That is the Premiership goals stats, watch how people criticize Jesus for lack of PL goals, but dismiss other competitions goals to hammer the notion how bad he is. I love Gabriel Jesus btw, I think he brings a different spark to our team

Another example is :
stats like Brighton game, where we have 26 shots (9 on target) vs 6 shots (1 on target).
As an Arsenal supporter, We can interpret this as total domination or ineffective finishing. Both are correct.
BUT a Brighton supporter, would see this as effective defending as our goal only comes after a total blunder. Or they can see an almost complete shutdown of their offensive midfielders. These are also correct.
Hence this is why I say, people can see what they wanted to see from the stats.

Just looking at stats, we can see an overall picture of what happened in any game but to completely analyze everything. It's more than just stats in my honest opinion...

Peace out man, I am not here to argue. It's just my opinion, and maybe it's just bullshit I came up on the spot.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

@SA Gunner @Macho it's cool, this is why a forum exists.
We don't see everything single minded, and it's okay. If anything, I hate conclusion based on popular view. Agreement is one thing, single minded hivemind is awful

Also, to reiterate the stats issue that @SA Gunner seems to get angry about.
My view all stemmed back to Giroud debates I had back then when people would use and still use the same stats today to criticize Gabriel Jesus.
That is the Premiership goals stats, watch how people criticize Jesus for lack of PL goals, but dismiss other competitions goals to hammer the notion how bad he is. I love Gabriel Jesus btw, I think he brings a different spark to our team

Another example is :
stats like Brighton game, where we have 26 shots (9 on target) vs 6 shots (1 on target).
As an Arsenal supporter, We can interpret this as total domination or ineffective finishing. Both are correct.
BUT a Brighton supporter, would see this as effective defending as our goal only comes after a total blunder. Or they can see an almost complete shutdown of their offensive midfielders. These are also correct.
Hence this is why I say, people can see what they wanted to see from the stats.

Just looking at stats, we can see an overall picture of what happened in any game but to completely analyze everything. It's more than just stats in my honest opinion...

Peace out man, I am not here to argue. It's just my opinion, and maybe it's just bullshit I came up on the spot.

It’s cool, @SA Gunner explained his point well and I shouldn’t have jumped in with my snarky post to begin with.

I think we can all agree the prem comes down to small margins and ultimately the stats did accurately tell the story of the match.

Old news anyways, onto West Ham where I am a bit more confident.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Nah Im sorry bro.

Last season we were lucky, this time our keeper for example, had literally nothing to do. That alone should give an indication of our ability to compete with them.

Exactly.

We got lucky with the Ødegaard hand ball situation but that was when the game was 1-0 to us. No one could realistically say how the game will have panned out if say Liverpool score the penalty that’s given to them.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

PS :

My point is the only reason Liverpool had a 5 v 1/2 was because Ødegaard and Zinny crashed into each other which is extremely fortunate for Liverpool, it was a freak incident that rarely happens. The Sterling chance isn't the same at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom