• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He looked completely out of his depth vs Liverpool on the opening day, I'd say limiting him to cup games is the wisest decision currently and then loaning him next season.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He looked completely out of his depth vs Liverpool on the opening day, I'd say limiting him to cup games is the wisest decision currently and then loaning him next season.

It's one thing to come in and play well in one off games against a certain (weaker) caliber of opposition but playing week in, week out at a high level is big boy stuff as @fabo would say and surely enough, Holding would have copped a hiding at one point which could have been disastrous to his confidence.

What happened to Chambers is a reminder of what can happen after a prolonged run of games in the first team when despite talent, you aren't ready.

Impact

Established Member

He didn't look out of his depth against L'pool. And considering he partnered Chambers (another young defender), that's not exactly a factor that would help his performance. Holding is a young player and may take a while to develop into a top player or he may take to the top level similar to other young defenders like Laporte or Varane. Simple fact is we won't know unless he plays.

Gabriel has shown that he is not up to the standard. Much rather give Holding with his considerable promise the game time Gabriel has squandered.

Impact

Established Member
What happened to Chambers is a reminder of what can happen after a prolonged run of games in the first team when despite talent, you aren't ready.

This is rubbish. In Chambers' debut season, he started the season really well at CB including a top performance against Besiktas away from home. His struggles began when he was taken in and out of the team and played at CB and RB.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This is rubbish. In Chambers' debut season, he started the season really well at CB including a top performance against Besiktas away from home. His struggles began when he was taken in and out of the team and played at CB and RB.
This is where I struggle with Wenger and how he handles young players, especially on defence. He puts them in difficult positions too often.

ARSNLNO1

This is where I struggle with Wenger and how he handles young players, especially on defence. He puts them in difficult positions too often.

It's not just younger players mate, Wenger has always had a hard on for putting round pegs in square holes and playing players where he chooses not their natural positions. Don't get me wrong on the odd occasion this has worked wonders. but i can't help but feel it hinders the younger players development when done to them.

ARSNLNO1

Totally agree, in Chambers we have a very underrated young CB that has proved his worth in a team that spends the majority of it's time defending. Chambers & Gibson have formed an excellent partnership and have proved that Chambers has a lot to offer Arsenal.

The future partnership of Chambers & Holding seriously excites me, but they need a couple of experienced heads to bring them through now and neither to be pushed into playing other positions.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It's not just younger players mate, Wenger has always had a hard on for putting round pegs in square holes and playing players where he chooses not their natural positions. Don't get me wrong on the odd occasion this has worked wonders. but i can't help but feel it hinders the younger players development when done to them.
Fully agree. It's almost a tick with him. Strange as he shows so little flexibility otherwise. It's like he has made up his mind 15-20y ago that this is the right method and has kept doing it ever since regardless of results.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looka like a f**king steal for 3M pounds. really calm defender not panic under pressure if he keep up we have new Kosh in our hand his game similar to Kosh

nick gould

Fail to understand why we have given so much game time to Gabriel when it is clear as day that Holding possesses more potential AND is performing better currently.

He didn't do much wrong and that's all. Based on tonight's performance I don't know how you have come to that conclusion. On the whole our 3 central defenders were dominated by Negredo aerial and that's not good.

mm76

Yer Da
He didn't do much wrong and that's all. Based on tonight's performance I don't know how you have come to that conclusion. On the whole our 3 central defenders were dominated by Negredo aerial and that's not good.

Totally, can't believe how people are getting so carried away - partly to blame for their goal and Traore made him look very ordinary at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom