• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just me that thinks he looks like Mertesacker on TV?

Curious if anyone’s been watching Chambers now his in the first 11? Holding looked a lot more composed than I’ve ever seen Chambers.

Chambers is looking really good for Middlesborough. Getting a consistent run at CB is doing him the world of good.

Holding and Chambers have the potential to be top, top CBs.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Middlesborough fans rate Chambers pretty highly. They usually see him as one of their better performers in the starting XI as of late.

Playing decent for Middlesborough and being ready to play CB for Arsenal are two different things though.

Hunter Zolomon

Middlesborough fans rate Chambers pretty highly. They usually see him as one of their better performers in the starting XI as of late.

Playing decent for Middlesborough and being ready to play CB for Arsenal are two different things though.
really bro? i think its harder seeing as you play for a weaker team, meaning your team has less possession of the ball and are more likely on the back foot.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
really bro? i think its harder seeing as you play for a weaker team, meaning your team has less possession of the ball and are more likely on the back foot.
Not really. CB's have a much harder task playing for Arsenal where we play a high line, constantly on the attack and the CB's need to be very good in 1 vs 1 defending and dealing with dangerous counter attacks.

Almost a different skillset required.

Hunter Zolomon

Not really. CB's have a much harder task playing for Arsenal where we play a high line, constantly on the attack and the CB's need to be very good in 1 vs 1 defending and dealing with dangerous counter attacks.

Almost a different skillset required.
However we still have more posession when we play lower teams like middlesborough, so our defenders get tested less than theirs. If your comments about chambers are to be believed then we should only loan young players to teams on the same level as arsenal. Chambers is finally showing the potential that earned him the move from southampton. We got rob holding from bolton which plays at a lower league than ours, so i am guessing that doesnt count.

redanddread

However we still have more posession when we play lower teams like middlesborough, so our defenders get tested less than theirs. If your comments about chambers are to be believed then we should only loan young players to teams on the same level as arsenal. Chambers is finally showing the potential that earned him the move from southampton. We got rob holding from bolton which plays at a lower league than ours, so i am guessing that doesnt count.
Our CB's often get exposed 1v1 due to the nature of our game and those that succeed at Arsenal need to be adept at dealing with such situations. Being a good defender at Boro doesn't necessarily mean that you will be a good defender at Arsenal as the circumstances are very different.

Holding seems to be an intelligent defender and able to read the game well. I hope Chambers makes the grade as he's a great footballer - now he just needs to show he can be a great CB at Arsenal.

Hunter Zolomon

Our CB's often get exposed 1v1 due to the nature of our game and those that succeed at Arsenal need to be adept at dealing with such situations. Being a good defender at Boro doesn't necessarily mean that you will be a good defender at Arsenal as the circumstances are very different.

Holding seems to be an intelligent defender and able to read the game well. I hope Chambers makes the grade as he's a great footballer - now he just needs to show he can be a great CB at Arsenal.
as opposed to chambers who is an unintelligent defender? what makes holding a better defender than chambers? despite the fact chambers has proved he can be a good defender in the premier league with soton, maybe not with us and now with middlesborough. What have you seen of holding that you think makes him a more intelligent defender than chambers. He arrived here without the pressure of a high transfer fee and he played at a lower league, so please do tell me why you think he is better than chambers.

redanddread

as opposed to chambers who is an unintelligent defender? what makes holding a better defender than chambers? despite the fact chambers has proved he can be a good defender in the premier league with soton, maybe not with us and now with middlesborough. What have you seen of holding that you think makes him a more intelligent defender than chambers. He arrived here without the pressure of a high transfer fee and he played at a lower league, so please do tell me why you think he is better than chambers.
I think you're incorrectly assuming what I'm saying. I have in no way said that Chambers is an unintelligent defender. What I have said is that CB's have to face very different circumstances playing for say Middlesbrough or even Southampton for that matter & not every CB that plays well for such clubs will be a success at Arsenal.

I do think that Holding looks a better defender though but I rate Chambers footballing ability but will he make it as a CB at Arsenal, I don't know. I hope he will but we'll only know upon his return.

If you wish to draw incorrect assumptions from what I posted, I can't stop you but I'll highlight it.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Huge difference in expectation playing for Middlesborough vs Arsenal. He's already made a handful of costly mistakes at Boro, where they're normally swept under the rug. At Arsenal, a few costly mistakes as a defender defines your season. Stakes are just a little higher here.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

the only question i have here is this; is rob holding a better defender than chambers, if so why?
When I saw them both at the toulon tournament last summer I thought Holding was inferior. Since he's been here though he looks a far better fit than Chambers, for starters he actually looks like a CB, taller, leaner, stronger.

Chambers has been rubbish for us, even for Boro this season he doesn't convince me, he just doesn't look like a CB. Chambers is too soft IMO.

Hunter Zolomon

When I saw them both at the toulon tournament last summer I thought Holding was inferior. Since he's been here though he looks a far better fit than Chambers, for starters he actually looks like a CB, taller, leaner, stronger.

Chambers has been rubbish for us, even for Boro this season he doesn't convince me, he just doesn't look like a CB. Chambers is too soft IMO.
he started off as a right back for soton right? and also good technically. personally i think he may have a better future as a def mid

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

he started off as a right back for soton right? and also good technically. personally i think he may have a better future as a def mid
Yes, Wenger said he bought him after we played Saints and he played well at RB.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
**** sake man. What makes sense is to bin Mertesacker.
Per will be ahead of him in the pecking order until the summer at least, makes sense to have him play regularly until then.

Who came closest to taking points off Chelsea? That would be the team of choice to loan him to, if it were upto me.(outside of the top 6 of course)
Swansea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom