• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
He probably won't play much this season, whereas Per is likely to leave this summer so Holding will be needed next season imo.
Yeah, I guess. But don't you reckon he'd be better off with a season on loan while we have senior CBs here doing their stuff? I think it could be better for his development to try and compete for a first team place at a lower level while we replace Per with another seasoned pro on the cheap(and for short term) as a back up. Chambers will come back as well.

Anyway, its great to have to not worry about our CB depth and wondering over different possibilities!

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah, I guess. But don't you reckon he'd be better off with a season on loan while we have senior CBs here doing their stuff? I think it could be better for his development to try and compete for a first team place at a lower level while we replace Per with another seasoned pro on the cheap(and for short term) as a back up. Chambers will come back as well.
Probably is better for Holding to go on loan, but I'm not sure what the plan is with Chambers. I don't know if he'd be willing to stay on as 3rd/4th choice so Holding might have to stay.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Probably is better for Holding to go on loan, but I'm not sure what the plan is with Chambers. I don't know if he'd be willing to stay on as 3rd/4th choice so Holding might have to stay.
I read somewhere around here that Chambers been doing well. Not sure as RB or CB. But if its CB then he'll get a shot to compete for a starting position while rotate as RB. He could be Per's replacement while we promote Bielik maybe(loan him the season next after a year with the first team) and loan Holding for the season.

That's how I'm seeing it anyway and feel we aren't doing enough with our loaning system.

Reactions: A_G

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I want him to start against West Brom. If he opens his mouth once he'd have done more than Gabriel. From what we've seen of this guy he seems a better fit for us than anybody else at the back. Horrible debut when he played next to Clanger Chambers but since then he's looked better than expected.

Ideally Ospina, Gibbs, Ramsey, Lucas and Giroud come in too. A few of those players get slated regularly, but they'll put more effort in than the wasters they'd be replacing.

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
He impresses every time he plays, while Gabriel keeps leaving, at the very least, some question marks on his ability. I hope that Holding starts getting the appearances that he deserves, it'd do him some good. Monaco is showing what hungry young talent can do, and we need to start tapping into that more instead of falling back on just-pretty-good squad players with relatively low ceilings.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I read somewhere around here that Chambers been doing well. Not sure as RB or CB. But if its CB then he'll get a shot to compete for a starting position while rotate as RB. He could be Per's replacement while we promote Bielik maybe(loan him the season next after a year with the first team) and loan Holding for the season.

That's how I'm seeing it anyway and feel we aren't doing enough with our loaning system.

He's spent most the season at centre back and been doing extremely well. Gibson gets the wraps largely because:
  1. Boro own him so their fans have a stronger attachment to him'; and.
  2. He's left footed so the media salivate at the idea of the 'next John Terry'
But on a game to game basis, Chambers has been more impressive in my view.

What we do with him from here, I'm really not too sure. If we call him back on loan, he will end up playing 1 in every 10 games and his confidence will turn to **** again, it took him 8 or so games at Boro to start to gain that belief again.

My preference at this stage would be to either loan him back out or sell him with a buy back clause in our favour. If we realistically believe he's good enough to start centrally for us, then let him play until we are ready to give him a proper shot at a starting role.

I'd keep Holding and let him do what he's been doing this season. It's a different situation with him as he hasn't had his confidence torn to pieces like Chambers did.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looks unfazed and accomplished. Along with AMN,he's given me the most optimism for now and the future. They look and act like they understand the game.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There was one moment in the game I thought he had completely screwed it. But he recovered so quickly and seems to always show a certainty or confidence on the ball i have never seen from a young defender. I think he has a bright future and I'll be honest I think he'll be better than Stones.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Wouldnt judge him so fast just because he had a decent game against sutton. Also shouldnt be so fast to trash mustafi lol. He's played a bit more than half a season and played very well for a good bit of it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tiny sample size but he might deserve to move ahead of Gabriel the fool.

Hopefully a new manager can come in and he can actually learn how to defend.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Think this lad is getting way overrated here. Apart from Liverpool he's played against junk opposition, also didn't feel he was that good vs Sutton - he can dawdle on the ball a bit at times, that can be suicidal against top opposition.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wouldnt judge him so fast just because he had a decent game against sutton. Also shouldnt be so fast to trash mustafi lol. He's played a bit more than half a season and played very well for a good bit of it.

You're clearly new here. That's not how you post. More hyperbole and knee jerking required if you expect to be taken seriously

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His development is being handled really well. Not overexposed or playing out of position, with too many games like with Chambers or Iwobi.

Means we haven't seen the drop off that seems to be common among our recent CB's.

Impact

Established Member
Disagree. Holding should have played more games. Displayed more talent than Gabriel ever has. Mind, that's not saying much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom