• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: Trust me in this summer's transfer market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I can understand the disappointment but Schwarzer wasnt going to be the difference between 1st and 4th or 5th. We got who we got so lets zip it up and support the team. Almunia is our first choice keeper. Better get used to that.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
lol as the clock struck 6 you could literally feel the majority of Arse-Mania type FOL
Too true. I was seriously peeved.

Must say I wanted Schwarzer, and I thought we had a decent shout to get him until about 72 hours ago when we started hearing Given to Fulham was off the cards.

I'm still going to enjoy the season, we look a good side and the foundations are there. It's going to be painful when we drop our first "dodgy keeper points" for 10-11 though ...

Zico

Established Member
I'm glad the wheeling and dealing is done and we can focus on football. Fans get too wrapped up in the transfer window and think the trophies are won and lost over the summer. If Wenger coaches defense, and plays his best teams in the Premier League when we are drawn against Barca, we should be favorites for 2nd.

We would need a lot more investment to really be certain of challenging Chelsea, eg 2 to 3 more players of the Arshavin level. Not sure we can afford that.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I will be very interested to hear the excuse (if any) from Wenger for failing to get a proper GK. He has publicly stated we're looking for one and facts are there that we've bid for Schwarzer.

But knowing Wenger, he will come up with his usual BS. We have very good goalkeepers, who work hard on training etc....

Biggus

Established Member
Zico said:
I'm glad the wheeling and dealing is done and we can focus on football. Fans get too wrapped up in the transfer window and think the trophies are won and lost over the summer. If Wenger coaches defense, and plays his best teams in the Premier League when we are drawn against Barca, we should be favorites for 2nd.

We would need a lot more investment to really be certain of challenging Chelsea, eg 2 to 3 more players of the Arshavin level. Not sure we can afford that.
Stop it Zico!
A jokes a joke.......

Anzac

Established Member
I trust AW to do as little as possible, and to not address the team issues when he feels he has developing players in waiting, or that he can 'convert' / utilise someone as cover.
Further to this I trust that AW will not look to improve the 1st team by any other means than incremental/internal development. He will not show ambition by trying to sign established top quality players, and we will squander our opportunity regarding the FFP criteria to do so.

Lastly I trust AW to continue to do so for the duration of his tenure (unless CL qualification is under serious threat), and that we'll fail to "win everything" as indicated 3 seasons ago, let alone establish any era of dominance. IF we manage to win the PL or CL then AW will see this single return as vindication of his philosophy & methodology on & off the pitch.

4 more seasons of 'if only'.................

marco

1970*Gooner said:
I would imagine WEnger will now be bullsh1tting us with his usual sh1te, the man should have been a politician cause he sure is full of it.

yep indeed!
my favourite wenger comments are always when rosicky and rvp come back from injury.. and he says

" rosicky is like a new player"
brilliant!
i have never ever wanted wenger to leave but one must ask why this time his contract negotiations take 3 days whereas back in the day they dragged on for months and months...
he knows he is onto a winner.
also we are arsenal for ****s sake..are you honestly telling me that mark schwarzer is the only goalkeeper in world football that is better than the spanish waiter????
do me a favour..the yids got one on loan when they aalready have 2 that are better than our muppet..

darthwenger

Too true. Wenger had time out to sort himself out a contract extension (and I'm sure a little payrise) even though he hasn't won diddy-squat in how many years.

Didn't have time to sort out a GK though.

Plus he didn't buy a back-up DM because of Frimpong. Well, he is out for what looks like a season yet....didn't buy one of those either. Anyway, always next season. :D

Sover

marco said:
do me a favour..the yids got one on loan when they aalready have 2 that are better than our muppet..

Unfortunately their new loan signing is also better than Al IMO.
It's come to something when the spuds third choice is better than our numero uno.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The annoying thing about the whole Frimpong situation typifies what's wrong with Wenger's attitude. Yes, Frimpong probably has improved but even if he had I bet he wasn't good enough to be cover to mount a serious and strong title challenge.

Wenger has admitted his youth experiment is a failure so why is he not now buying?

squallkid

Established Member
Hope has been the only thing that's gotten me through these last 5 years.

Wenger's let us down big time by not signing a keeper so we have to hope that Almunia has a good season or hope that Wenger makes Sczezny the number 1

-vapour-

DanDare said:
The annoying thing about the whole Frimpong situation typifies what's wrong with Wenger's attitude. Yes, Frimpong probably has improved but even if he had I bet he wasn't good enough to be cover to mount a serious and strong title challenge.

Wenger has admitted his youth experiment is a failure so why is he not now buying?

When? Did I miss something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom