• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: Trust me in this summer's transfer market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shue

Established Member
Wenger did a pretty good job turning Cashley into the best LB in the world too, and converting Lauren from a midfielder to an Invincible RB.

law

He created what was one of the best backlines in the world at the the time out of only one CB, a striker and two midfielders.

law

jnuh? What are you on about?

You're claiming that the manager with one of the managers of coaching players from elsewhere on the pitch into top drawer defenders, who created a CL record breaking back line isn't a great defensive coach. A manager that managed to coach a striker and two midfielders into 3/4s of a world class back line? Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

Lord Dula

Established Member
if he can do that? wotever you're trying to make out, why cant he make 4 defenders and a keeper, who are that by trade and who didnt need converting into defenders, into a robust defensive unit?

Y va marquer

Established Member
A robust defensive unit - it may develop over the course of this season?

A change in personnel, a new attitude, a new focus?

lagos

Established Member
er what striker are we talking about here Sol? 'cos Sol was already a defender before he got here!

law

USArsenal said:
law said:
He can and has made robust defensive units.
what robust defensive units has Wenger "made"?
You'd think the invincibles never existed. You realise Wenger's teams were always fairly good defensively before we started basing our midfield around Fabregas? We have the most attacking set-up of any team in the league, of course we're going to concede more goals than most.

TheEconomist

Established Member
No one has mentioned the fact that Martin keown came in as a defence coach when we broke that defensive record? It wasn't wenger's doing

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i also recall a midfield pairing of Vieira and Gilberto doing a lot of the defensive work.. if you throw Cesc and Flamini in their places, we dont win the league undefeated (or maybe at all)

i do agree with you that our defence has gotten progressively worse since Fabregas became the focal point..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom