• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hmm I'd say Kompany, Mangala, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Skrtel and Sakho are.
I don't know about Kompany Mangala Zouma Skrtel and Sakho. Kompany and Mangala are making so many mistakes this season. Zouma looks very promising defender.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I'd consider Terry, the rest is pure laughable though.

Even Terry is laughable. Unless you protect him like we did with Merte last season, he's useless.

Kos is world class, no doubt about it. Every CB makes mistakes, Ramos makes plenty, Silva vs Chelsea or against Chile, where Sanchez roasted him a few times etc. Pepe is often a headless chicken. Kos is easily the best in the league.

Gabriel and Kos are perfect for a high-line defence, and a high-pressure game, can't wait to see more of them.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Hmm I'd say Kompany, Mangala, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Skrtel and Sakho are.
:confused::eek::rolleyes::p
Hilarious. Mangala, Zouma and Sakho - pure French delusion. Koscielny is France's best CB and the Premier League's best CB. Skrtel's not the sharpest defender, and a goal threat for both goalkeepers to keep a watch of. Kompany's a fraud of a CB, no reading of the game whatsoever. Just makes last ditch blocks and shouts a lot. Cahill's alright, but nothing special. John Terry is the only CB with a legitimate claim to being better than Koscielny. Even then, the defence has to be set up with a low line or he'll get destroyed for pace like he did with AVB's high line.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

florentp has just spat his tea over his screen, quoted your post, posted it on a Monaco forum and is thinking about a reply that'll put down every Arsenal player including Theo Walcott who should be replaced by the new Thierry Henry, Anthony Martial. :cool:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Skrtel, Sakho and Mangala are comical for their clubs, while Zouma is a kid and Cahill is beginning decline.

Kos is among the best in England.

scytheavatar

Established Member
You guys seriously never wondered why the English teams all got wiped out of the CL/UEFA cup early this season despite having so much money to spend? Perhaps that has to do with how disgraceful the standard of defending is in the league?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think that's pretty obvious, doesn't mean the likes of Koscielny, Terry and Kompany aren't good defenders.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Think the "disgraceful standard of defending" is more down to midfielders who cannot contain themselves from closing down more than anything else.

All the top teams defend as a unit. Don't think the A. Madrid backline would look any better than yours if you left them completely exposed.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Agree with Dokaka; I wonder what the Atletico defense would look like with Flamteta to protect them.

Koscielny is easily one of the best CB's in the league though. Why anyone would consider the likes of Mangala, who has proven **** all, world class is beyond me.

chessygoal

Nope. Koscielny's better. Varane gets overrated because he plays for Real Madrid.
The thing with Koscielny is that he's far better with Arsenal, he was again a bit shaky against Denmark(Lord Bendtner!)
I love Kos, but Varane is in a different class, already captaining his NT, with one WC under his belt and an amazing potential.
To get back on-topic I'm really curious to see how he will perform with Gabriel. They seem to be too similar to make a good pairing.

florentp

florentp has just spat his tea over his screen, quoted your post, posted it on a Monaco forum and is thinking about a reply that'll put down every Arsenal player including Theo Walcott who should be replaced by the new Thierry Henry, Anthony Martial. :cool:
Lol ? Did not get your post THunter .. What ?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah defence is a team game , we got to the CL final without conceding with Senderos in the heart of the defence .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For me the best defender in the league is Fonte. Criminal that he's never been recognized like Kos was much earlier and instead wasted the majority of his career in the lower leagues. He made Lovren look like a world beater ffs.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fonte is not that good, makes too many mistakes to be a top defender. Alderweireld for instance is much better.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fonte is not that good, makes too many mistakes to be a top defender. Alderweireld for instance is much better.
I've been surprised by Alderweireld, thought he was average when they signed him but he's a proper defender, can tell he's worked under Simeone.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Really like what I've seen from Gabriel so far. I have not seen anything to suggest that he and Koscielny cannot form a solid partnership.While we will have to wait a bit longer to see whether this can come to fruition, I am not yet worried that Koscielny - Gabriel would be as disasterous as Koscielny - Vermaelen was.

Some shaky moments, but overall a solid start to his Arsenal career from Gabriel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom