• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal vs Chelsea, Sun. 2nd August, 3pm BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeGooner

Many said it wouldn't be an important game for us, but Chelsea were the last hurdle we had to jump. We've finally beaten them, and now the boys will go into games against them without the inferiority complex they once had.

I think we can truly compete domestically now. We need a couple more players to help cement our competitive position, but mentally, I think we've come on leaps and bounds since winning the 2014 FA Cup. Onwards and upwards.

arsenalhumor

Yeah, Ramires is a narsty little ****er. Loves the old rake down the achilles, frequent handballer and diver too.

Chelski have so many dislikable players.

if only we had one giant irresponsible mofo DM to take care of these two (ramires & ivanovic) . As long as these tactics go on, don't shake hands

US_Gooner

Established Member
Don't care so much about what he does; massively care that ref 3m away doesn't call it. Would have liked to see 10-man Chelsea in Community Shield later talk about how it "didn't matter; glorified friendly".

Goon_si

Half of the **** done by Ramires is on Mourinhos back. Its a visible trend how certain players become increasingly more dirty when managed by Jose, trying to either hurt the opposition or cause problems by provoking with cheap shots. Its that egomaniacs tactic. Look at Pepe for example, he isnt half as crazy since Jose left, he returned to his pre-Jose self. There are a bunch of players that show such change when managed by the annoying one. The level to which he's prepared to go to win games is absolutely mental. Just look at how Real played against Barca under him, one horror tackle after another and then blaming the referee when it doesnt work. Absolutely disgraceful.

Jose can clean Wengers' shoes when it comes to class.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A few final thoughts by me after watching the game one LAST time:

1. Chelsea are a better unit than we are & if Costa had played the result may have been very different- imo

2. Le Coq & Ramsey are indispensable

3. We still need some size in the midfield-Chelsea won everything in the air and most 2nd balls.

4. Debuchy should be given a run at RB-Bellerin still a little suspect on defense

5. Monreal is an excellent player with great commitment, stamina and decent pace.

6. We need a hybrid between Theo & Giroud upfront-i.e. a CF who can hold up play & has pace-it would make us WAY more dangerous. Welbz should be dat guy but isn't atm.

7. We look more like a team that is comfortable defending and as such do a MUCH better job on the tactical front

8. The Ox is a nailed on starter

Last edited:

Bould14

A few final thoughts by me after watching the game one LAST time:

1. Chelsea are a better unit than we are & if Costa had played the result may have been very different- imo

2. Le Coq & Ramsey are indispensable

3. We still need some size in the midfield-Chelsea won everything in the air and most 2nd balls.

4. Debuchy should be given a run at RB-Bellerin still a little suspect on defense

5. Monreal is an excellent player with great commitment, stamina and decent pace.

6. We need a hybrid between Theo & Giroud upfront-i.e. a CF who can hold up play & has pace-it would make us WAY more dangerous. Welbz should be dat guy but isn't atm.

7. We look more like a team that is comfortable defending and as such do a MUCH better job on the tactical front

8. The Ox is a nailed on starter
Costa won't be banging goals all season or stay fit, and I feel like they lack a creativity in the squad. Jose looked at his bench and didn't see much he could use to create a spark.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Costa won't be banging goals all season or stay fit, and I feel like they lack a creativity in the squad. Jose looked at his bench and didn't see much he could use to create a spark.
True & they're due some injuries-however, they look like such a solid team though and if Hazrad is firing and Cesc on song plus Costa, I still think they're the team to beat. They can be fairly dull though, which from an Arsenal POV is good.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ramires isn't really a footballer, he's just basically asked to be a **** on the pitch.

I don't understand how he got away with kneeing Özil , raking Cazorla's achilles and not even a foul. Coq hardly touched Hazard from the side and deemed in the back and yellow . Ramirez needs to be sniped .

At least Monreal bless his soul crunched Ivanovic from behind when going for a header .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nah , I don't even think about Chelsea as a team , great defensive unit but that's about it . We played them without Sanchez who is our most physical player and talisman and probably our 2nd most talented midfielder and Benzema hasn't even started training yet . The scoreline flattered them to be honest .

We should really be aiming at catching the Big 3 in Europe .

Last edited:

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Can't believe we play these ****s again in 6 games time. At their gaff as well. Gonna be a different kettle of fish then. They will be up for some serious revenge. Need to go there with a similar line up and strategy to City (A) i reckon. Think if we manage to pull off a win there, it will be one of our greatest victories in many a year. Need to have our little Chilean firing by then though! Been too long since we saw him grace the cannon crest.

blaze_of_glory

Can't believe we play these ****s again in 6 games time. At their gaff as well. Gonna be a different kettle of fish then. They will be up for some serious revenge. Need to go there with a similar line up and strategy to City (A) i reckon. Think if we manage to pull off a win there, it will be one of our greatest victories in many a year. Need to have our little Chilean firing by then though! Been too long since we saw him grace the cannon crest.
Yeah that game will be very, very tough. Gonna have to use every dirty away game trick in the book and hope for something special from the likes of Alexis or Theo to get anything out of it.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Yeah that game will be very, very tough. Gonna have to use every dirty away game trick in the book and hope for something special from the likes of Alexis or Theo to get anything out of it.
I'd be very happy with a draw. A win is just pure fantasy atm. They're so hard to beat at SB. Most important thing though is to make sure whatever the result that day, there isn't a significant gap between us in the table (well unless we're in front of them lol). Last thing we need is for them to start getting 6/7 points ahead of us early on in the season. No playing catch up this time.

This_is_The_Year

I'd be very happy with a draw. A win is just pure fantasy atm. They're so hard to beat at SB. Most important thing though is to make sure whatever the result that day, there isn't a significant gap between us in the table (well unless we're in front of them lol). Last thing we need is for them to start getting 6/7 points ahead of us early on in the season. No playing catch up this time.

they havnt actually won yet in pre-season : O)

regarding their fixture list - its damn near as hard as it could be - It could seriously affect them - if they go on a poor or even just a decent run I think we could seriously hurt their season by taking a win

H Swansea
A Manchester City
A West Brom
H crystal palace
A Everton
H Arsenal

while we are looking to get 13 or 15 points from our first five games they would be lucky to get 10 before they face us

RandyMarsh

Established Member
they havnt actually won yet in pre-season : O)

regarding their fixture list - its damn near as hard as it could be - It could seriously affect them

H Swansea
A Manchester City
A West Brom
H crystal palace
A Everton
H Arsenal

while we are looking to get 13 or 15 points from our first five games they would be lucky to get 10
Oh wow, hadn't actually looked at their fixture list yet. That's a shocking first 6 games! Is that right though, two away games in a row already??

We could actually have a nice lead on them come the game at SB. Get a draw there and we'd be laughing.

This_is_The_Year

Oh wow, hadn't actually looked at their fixture list yet. That's a shocking first 6 games! Is that right though, two away games in a row already??

We could actually have a nice lead on them come the game at SB. Get a draw there and we'd be laughing.
havnt checked numerous sources but I would think its correct - a lot will be decided in those 6 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom