• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder how much Giroud partying and 3some inviting influence the whole team...

Roy Kean was right about the selfies, if you are not the best team in the league you have to work harder. There is no time for partying, 3somes, being a family man, thinking about your hair, and take selfies.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We were soundly beaten at the Emirates by a team some people were tipping to be in a relegation battle this year. That sort of thing doesn't happen to title winners very often.
Are people seriously tipping west ham for relegation? Thought they were on for a decent season even before this game.

stiiphunn

Established Member
The "nervous" bit seems a bit odd, otherwise Wenger's spot on. There's no way he can defend anyone after this shambles.
He's spot on. The players did not respect the basics. Coq over complicated things, ****ed up a number of passes, etc. Ramsey was all over the place. OX tried to dribble his way out from the back and ****ed up. And so on and so forth. I'm really surprised by this performance tbh. I did not see it coming. I never expected us to score 4 but I did expect a serious performance. We did not even get that.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Wenger won't change anything.....we're playing away, and that's usually the occassion where a midfielder starts automatically on one of the wings.
Cazorla or Ramsey it is vs Palace on the left.

Liam Spencer

Arteta over Coq is the worst shout since Cech will "save us 12-15 points."

Coquelin is very poor on the ball, but Arteta's short passing does not compensate for the fact that a training cone is more difficult to get past.

Wenger has never been a fan of DMs who are not good with the ball though, so let's see what he does.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Even a win against Palace won't make up for this, we've just lost 2-0 at home on the opening day with near enough our best side.

When was the last time a team won the league after losing their first game at home?

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The only way this weekend will be marginally saved is if Pool and City both drop points too- which isn't unlikely at all.

But why do players not respect the basics?

Wenger is probably the manager who speaks most about the basics and the simplicity of the game. But first game of the season and no-one respect it?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We just make it so hard for our selfs we need to respond quickly but the next 2 games are so tough.

Hegemony

Tbf, all knee-jerk reactions aside, we'll beat Palace. Despite the win against Norwich, it was clear who the better side was the majority of the game and it wasn't Pardew's men.
To soon for optimism lads?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Coquelin is very poor on the ball, but Arteta's short passing does not compensate for the fact that a training cone is more difficult to get past.

Wenger has never been a fan of DMs who are not good with the ball though, so let's see what he does.

There were calls to sign one even after the emergence of Coq. When you consider that the title is there to be won, and we've not signed one outfield player, it really is a pisstake.

coffeeboy

Too many teams seem to find it not too difficult to play us at the Emirates. "Stay tight at the back, get players behind the ball, hit them on the break because they will be too exposed, they won't shoot in front of goal, they'll pass us to death, crowd our box and we only need one or two chances and we'll win the game". Every season!!

There will be no respond this time I feel... We will find our selves in similar position to what Liverpool were in last season.

Don't even think we will catch up this season. 5-7 could be the very truth for us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom