• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb v Arsenal - 16/09/2015, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

“Arsenal is one of the best teams who ever played here and they did exactly what we agreed they would do,” said Mamic

“We thought it would be very important to close the middle, to stop the fast passes."

“That’s what we did and it’s nothing new.”

“We have already seen other teams who beat Arsenal use the same tactics. This is a good way to beat them,” he said.

“Arsenal has top four top international players, and other top players compared to Dinamo, but they are not world class.

“We just concentrated in not letting them come to the ball. It was probably one our best games tactically.”
This makes my blood boil. Pathetic management. With all the resources we have you could probably get a well drilled u15's side a result against us.

So so predictable.

edit: Having said all of that, we didn't lose due to our predictability but it really doesn't help us.

Bashii

The sad thing is, what he's saying isn't even anything groundbreaking. We've been easy to stop in Europe for ****ing years now. Managers always make the same comments "we know how to stop them."

It's quite embarrassing really.

Exactly. Remember last year when we got what we thought was the best team to face in the round 0f 16, Monaco. I remember their manager saying something along the lines of "People say this was a good draw for Arsenal, we think getting Arsenal is a good draw for us!"

Says it all really.

General

Established Member
No need to get hung up on this result or over analyse it. Definitely had one eye on Chelsea. We put out a second rate team for the most part against a crappy side who couldn't get out of their own half against ten men. We needed to be clinical, take an early lead and silence the crowd but failed to execute and it came back to bite us. Their second was annoyingly cheap to concede and that's what did the damage because we were always in it with just the one goal deficit. Every foul is a yellow card in Michael Platini's league and it's about time we learned from this.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta saying how sometimes a loss can be a good thing.

How the **** has he become Arsenal captain, wasn't good enough to have us competing when he joined and he's now got some sort of legend status with a lot of fans for no reason.

Gerrard was spot on about us, no leaders on the pitch at all, the only one I see is Jack, and he's hardly an imposing player. The others are too nice to eachother, never shouting, never arguing, just a head roll or look of disgust.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Arteta saying how sometimes a loss can be a good thing.

How the **** has he become Arsenal captain, wasn't good enough to have us competing when he joined and he's now got some sort of legend status with a lot of fans for no reason.

He's right in a way though as sometimes losing engineers change.

Arteta has contributed a lot on and off the field since arriving, a great leader and man.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's right in a way though as sometimes losing engineers change.

Arteta has contributed a lot on and off the field since arriving, a great leader and man.
What's he done exactly? Sagna done far more and was never given a raise, Arteta gets a contract for being past it and for his off the field stuff, hilarious.

Wasting players like Özil and Alexis here.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Arteta is beyond a liability right now. The guy can barely move. Wenger's negligence in the transfer market showing up massively and we're only on game 6.

How you decide that a 33 year old Arteta; someone who's missed a year of football previously, is a good enough backup for a title chasing side is beyond me.

Great guy off the pitch but why is that enough to stop us getting a legitimate back up to Coquelin?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

One thing I hate about losing to sh*t teams is the manager comes out the next day like he's the new Mourinho and goes on about how he tactically masterminded it when in reality they had some fluky goals and parked the bus. Had it with Phil Brown, Steve Kean, that Bradford manager and now this muppet.

If we were anywhere decent at finishing we'd have smashed them 5-0.

blaze_of_glory

One thing I hate about losing to sh*t teams is the manager comes out the next day like he's the new Mourinho and goes on about how he tactically masterminded it when in reality they had some fluky goals and parked the bus. Had it with Phil Brown, Steve Kean, that Bradford manager and now this muppet.

Yup, flukey goals, standard bus park, brain farts and bedshittings by our players, and of course a few officiating errors in his favour.

Out. Tack. Ticked.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

We were crap and only created half chances for most of the game. Zagreb are a ****e team so credit where its due to their manager. Blaming it on finishing is naive, there's more than finishing wrong with this team although that is a clear problem. If it was only finishing we wouldn't have conceded 2 goals to a side who probably won't score 2 goals in another CL game for a long time.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We were crap and only created half chances for most of the game. Zagreb are a ****e team so credit where its due to their manager. Blaming it on finishing is naive, there's more than finishing wrong with this team although that is a clear problem. If it was only finishing we wouldn't have conceded 2 goals to a side who probably won't score 2 goals in another CL game for a long time.

That game was jammy as sh*t, their goal, that Giroud double miss, Alexis hitting the post and the dodgy second yellow. It was a perfect storm for them, they hardly played us off the park.

Now we didn't batter them by any means but get the 1st goal and we cruise away with a victory.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Laughable analysis.

First goal has a huge impact on opposition; likewise for 2-0. Inside 10 mins. if we were 2-0 up, there would have been no way back for Dinamo.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I remember Giroud having a free header and the scrappy chance he fluffed at the Chamberlain cross, we could've been ahead but let's not act like we blew them away 11 v 11. They had been getting in between our midfield and defence regularly but kept shooting for some reason. When they composed and waited for a runner, they scored.

Officials didn't lose us the game either, so that's bull. Their first goal was marginal, Giroud finally got booked for mouthing at the ref and Theo was clearly off for our goal.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Laughable analysis.

First goal has a huge impact on opposition; likewise for 2-0. Inside 10 mins. if we were 2-0 up, there would have been no way back for Dinamo.
Explain how its laughable? If we score first we may well win the game, but the cracks are still there. The defending on that corner was sunday league stuff. And like I said, we weren't bombarding them with chances anyway. But go on and pretend this result is an anomaly even though we get caught out against **** opposition at least a few times a season.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
How many clear cut chances did we have last night? Barely any. It was embarrassing. I couldn't believe how lost we looked during that first half.

It's also very telling how much better we looked when we went down to 10 men! That free flowing style of football suits us much better. We still weren't good by any means in the second half, but it was vastly superior to the 1st.

I wouldn't say we were just unlucky. We were very very poor.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This makes my blood boil. Pathetic management. With all the resources we have you could probably get a well drilled u15's side a result against us.

So so predictable.

edit: Having said all of that, we didn't lose due to our predictability but it really doesn't help us.

All great teams/players are predictable so that's nothing to be ashamed about , its whether you do what you do good enough . Why should we try and be unpredictable to ****ing Dinamo anyways . So they know how we play , it's not going to help them when they come to the Emirates .

US_Gooner

Established Member
Yeah, cracks are still there, agreed.

But that has zero to do with the opposition manager and how he set the team up or really anything Dinamo did.

Pulled the pin on our own grenade and laid on it ourselves.

As for chances, GDeep would have had us 2-0 up inside 15 mins.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
What's he done exactly? Sagna done far more and was never given a raise, Arteta gets a contract for being past it and for his off the field stuff, hilarious.

Wasting players like Özil and Alexis here.

When Arteta and Mertersacker arrived they completely altered the despondent atmosphere within the dressing room and eradicated all the clichés together forming a more family environment amongst the players before it seemed there was no togetherness i.e. Gallas vs Nasri, Walcott vs Van Persie, Nasri vs Van Persie, Bendtner vs Adebayor there was an issue every week it seemed and we suffered on the pitch for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom