• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb v Arsenal - 16/09/2015, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger talks about the benefit of having competition for places, but is really competition if players start regardless of their performance.

The fact is we can blame the players for not performing when called upon, but they don't seem motivated at all. Ox was motivated during pre season. He was chomping at the bit to get started. He gave a goal away vs West Ham and has lost his place to Ramsey on the right hand side. Even if Ox scored a goal and played well, he wouldn't start against Chelsea. Ramsey would. He didn't even look bothered yesterday and I can see him leaving for first team football soon.

Cazorla had no impact yesterday, but that doesn't matter. He will start. As will Özil and a draw away from home vs Chelsea while missing chances to win the game will be considered bouncing back by Wenger.

On a positive note. One chance one goal for Walcott. Practically nailed on starter now due to Giroud's mental breakdown.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'll agree with that dude. Santi and Arteta together really does leave you exposed, no real presence or energy. Ramsey or Wilshere next to Arteta might have not been too bad for example? But I'm gutted all the players who had a chance last night didn't step up... Was hoping to see the likes of Arteta do well, but yeah his performance shows we can't rely on him unless he some how steps up massively. An injury to Coquelin is a very scary thought right now!
Even if he stays fit, he's bound to pick up a few yellows and possibly get suspended. Hposition and the way he plays it guarantee that. And you could never blame coq for making a rash challenge because 99.99% of the time he's covering for one, two and sometimes three of our wide players who have failed to track back.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

“Arsenal is one of the best teams who ever played here and they did exactly what we agreed they would do,” said Mamic

“We thought it would be very important to close the middle, to stop the fast passes."

“That’s what we did and it’s nothing new.”

“We have already seen other teams who beat Arsenal use the same tactics. This is a good way to beat them,” he said.

“Arsenal has top four top international players, and other top players compared to Dinamo, but they are not world class.

“We just concentrated in not letting them come to the ball. It was probably one our best games tactically.”

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
“Arsenal is one of the best teams who ever played here and they did exactly what we agreed they would do,” said Mamic

“We thought it would be very important to close the middle, to stop the fast passes."

“We have already seen other teams who beat Arsenal use the same tactics. This is a good way to beat them,” he said.

“Arsenal has top four top international players, and other top players compared to Dinamo, but they are not world class.

“We just concentrated in not letting them come to the ball. It was probably one our best games tactically.”

The sad thing is, what he's saying isn't even anything groundbreaking. We've been easy to stop in Europe for ****ing years now. Managers always make the same comments "we know how to stop them."

It's quite embarrassing really.

chessygoal

Let's see what he has to say when we smash them next time.

Crew

It's just as well, because you'd be wasting your time and energy. Gibbs has always nicked a living here, if you rate him, good for you.

But to me he always is, was and will be sheight.
Fair enough. I rate him as a decent back up to have for a top side. Starting 11? obviously has to improve both defensively and offensively.

Nyctophobia

Established Member

Feel like the loss was more down to us rather than them outsmarting/outplaying us.

A bit cocky from the manager, but he has the right to be right now.

I haven't seen a replay of the two major offside decisions on our end again, but I thought the pass to Özil through alone with the keeper was suspect, not blaming the ref for our loss; but I don't think their fit for CL games, really didn't like him interfering with the freekick either, thought the referee team came off as unprofessional.

I don't agree with this comments from the manager of Zagreb.

If we are creating most chances, teams are hardly stopping our play.

We are doing our selves so much harm, not scoring the clear cut chances we are getting.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
This was the major problem for Arsenal.

statszagreb.jpg
the message was sent the moment Arteta was lined up as our only holding player.

MaraDon

Wenger talks about the benefit of having competition for places, but is really competition if players start regardless of their performance.

The fact is we can blame the players for not performing when called upon, but they don't seem motivated at all. Ox was motivated during pre season. He was chomping at the bit to get started. He gave a goal away vs West Ham and has lost his place to Ramsey on the right hand side. Even if Ox scored a goal and played well, he wouldn't start against Chelsea. Ramsey would. He didn't even look bothered yesterday and I can see him leaving for first team football soon.

Cazorla had no impact yesterday, but that doesn't matter. He will start. As will Özil and a draw away from home vs Chelsea while missing chances to win the game will be considered bouncing back by Wenger.

On a positive note. One chance one goal for Walcott. Practically nailed on starter now due to Giroud's mental breakdown.
players need continuity, rotation was needed but not this way.
Arteta can only work with 3 defenders or with a player like coquelin next to him, he cant be our holding in a CL game, it's unacceptable.
The Ox is too naif because he is a kid, debuchi is not match fit, neither is Gibbs.

MaraDon

lol. he didnt discovery anything new, its what every single team tries to do when playing against us, cutting our transitions and fast passing and counter attack, Newcastle did the same, west ham did the same stoke did the same, the problem is not the rival, is inside.

MaraDon

Look at Gibbo on both goals, he's in a world of his own he really is.

The lad is sheight, not even average. Havant and Waterlooville level.
a player that belongs to the past, he is a gooner but he is so poor its beyond me, and he was always poor, its not new tbf.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
We can talk about various different players and systems as much as we like, but a lot of those players last night were faking it. Just dialling in a performance. Both goals, did you see anyone really busting a gut to make sure we don't concede cheaply? It's a massive problem for us, there's a devoid of character. Oxlaide Chamberlain and I really like the guy, but he should have been held up against the wall at half time and given the bollocking of his life for not tracking that runner, as should Giroud for basically losing us the tie for his stupidity.

This kind of performance has been far too common under Wenger, for many years and many many players - there's one common denominator. He speaks so much of consistency, how well we've done to consistently qualify for the Champions League and how that achievement should be revered. We've also been extremely consistent in completely underwhelming, insipid and half hearted performances. Why are lessons not being learnt? Who is accountable for that game? If it was just the one poor performance you could just write it off as bad day at the office but it really isn't. And they're allowed to get away with it, we don't know what goes on or what is said behind closed doors but it's obviously not being dealt with because we're still seeing the same mistakes.

Wenger should be embarrassed by what happened last night, for what he and his players are paid in comparison to the team we were playing against, their European record and the talent in their team in comparison to ours - because the only way we could have lost that game would be to turn up and try and coast it which is exactly what we did. He and the team should be absolutely embarrassed, it was a disgrace.

Top top post. After these **** performances time and again people blame whoever was poor on the day, but new players come in, years have past and we keep pulling the same ****...the only constant is the manager.

Lilwizzle

Established Member

Hardly a mental breakdown, I thought the red card was a bit harsh.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hate the way we give these **** no mark managers their best ever result and they then come out after and act like the best out there.

Best smash these pricks 10-0 next time.

sharongur

The sad thing is, what he's saying isn't even anything groundbreaking. We've been easy to stop in Europe for ****ing years now. Managers always make the same comments "we know how to stop them."

It's quite embarrassing really.

In Europe? my claim for years now was that if you come against arsenal, no matter away or at home (since highbury) CL or PL, if your main goal is not to lose, and the discipline of the players stays on that objective alone.
You will not lose. period.
clubs at PL level no matter the position, if they do the above, will have a guaranteed point.
We will jog of the ball, bite the clock, get panic and nervous after 70-75 minute ( in which there wont be any subs, even if you lose your main striker to a red card !) and might give some gifts away.
As long as you dont look to win. you wont lose, or even win against us.
Its as simple as that.
Once you try to beat us, thats when we get dangerous.

The art of breaking bunkers isnt that easy, barca and real perfected it even if its in a lesser league. and they are not always succeed.

but thats not my point.

My main concern yesterday was the attitude. the mentality.
The players looked so relaxed/doesnt give a ****, you name it, even arrogant, even sanchez lost the crazy engine and desire he had last season.
Even if we grabbed a second after theos goal, and even a third. I would still be immensely concern.

Thats how the players play for 75 minute? that qualifies the quote by Arsène "the desire to win the CL is immense"? Thats immense?
Recent years I respected wenger for forever standing by his players taking the blame and making up excuses, in the hope that he is showing anger and telling them in their faces that they played awfully bad.
but I more and more come to believe that the same bad repeatable lame excuses we hear him say to the media, are also going to the players. There no way players play with that attitude otherwise. just no way.
I saw an interview with Tal Ben-Haim ahead of Maccabi match vs chelsea ( he played for chelsea during mou first spell)

He said mourino is the most charismatic man he ever met. you know what he wants you to do just according to his face and eyes. and when he gives you that tap on the shoulder before a match, you feel energized and raring to go, and he cant pin point why, its just like that.
Ok mourino is a terrible human being but do you guys think our players can speak in that matter about wenger?

I love wenger, I really do. amazing man management. brought a whole new meta to english football. but I feel like everyone is running while we are standing, we got beaten by ferguson tactically, well... until he retired, when he had less talent in his team, specially in his last years.
Wenger in in-game management shows nothing special, you can call the subs 2 days before the game. disadvantage-this out and this in on 70th minute. advantage-this out and this in on 70th minute. main striker gets a red on 30th minute? see disadvantage*

The big plus with wenger is that he develops players, trusts them even if they let him down. a hit and miss i might say but still, that makes players want to come. but those players will forever be the unwanted ( feels underachieved or unappreciated ones) we will never have a cesc\rvp like transfer. and now that even with money wenger is not using that great advantage he has at drawing players to play for him for most likely 10M pounds difference on the price tag, even with my love, respect, and desire for him to stay, it cant overtake the disadvantages of him staying on the scales.

Im sorry to say this. but I do hope we will have another manager next year. without losing any top player. ill take it with both hands. and wont stop worshiping and appreciating the amount of sacrifice and things Arsène has done for the club, forever will be a legend in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom