• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Chelsea v Arsenal - 19/09/15 - 12:45pm - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Smith

Established Member
What if we lose the league by 3 points? Dean could end up being the one to cost us the title.
There's also the Liverpool game, we were robbed by the officials (should have had a penalty and Ramsey goal was onside, remember?). Makes it 5 points.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Nobody will talk about the injustice in this game. The British media, in it's usual daft style, is already talking about how Wenger has not beaten Moronho. They are not considering the fact that there is a huge effort, knowningly or unknowingly, on the part of the FA to ensure that Wenger does not beat Moronho.

It is the news item that makes money and the FA does not care about the result going against Arsenal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gabriel was fairly dumb, never a red but he completely fell for it. And fans applauding him when he went off the pitch for giving it to Costa are dumb as well. Cost us the game, but yay he got done by Costa's usual game of winding up woo.

He shouldn't have been sent off though :p

Salieri

Emotional control bullshit is only in hindsight.

If a competent ref had done his job and sent Costa off as he should, the bore wouldn't be talking any bullshit about emotional control.

Where was his emotional control when telling a report his question was stupid?

Guys should stop this Mourinho worship - he hides behind his assistants/doctors/players when the going gets tough and then waxes philosophical when he flukes wins with refs' aids.

I think it's terrible to read on an arsenal fan site

What an utterly ridiculous reply.

Where exactly do you find this Mourinho worship???? Was it after or before I called him a cvnt???

Go back and read it again. Sometimes even a petulant, hypocrite, and unclassy person says things which are true. Even if this person doesn't live by it. Why? Because I don't give a flying **** about the hypocrisy of Chelsea or Mourinho. My and our players primary objective is to stay on the pitch. It doesn't matter what Costa did or how much incompetent Dean is. Those things you can never control as a player. What our players can and should control is themselves.

Even now after it turned out that Gabriel didn't even touch Costa. The fact remains that he got sent off and we lost 3 points. Let the FA deal with Costa and the ref. Just ****ing stay on the pitch.

Dean caught a glimpse of a leg kick and showed Gabriel red. If Gabriel didn't do that, we might have gotten something out of the game and Costa got the retrospective ban. We would have shown Mourinho emotional control and banned his player for the lack of it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

There was no leg kick , Gabriel needs to watch his temper but the sending off was non existent even by the letter of the law .

Salieri

There was no leg kick , Gabriel needs to watch his temper but the sending off was non existent even by the letter of the law .

I mentioned that in the second paragraph Celestis. It's like he was executed for attempted murder. But the actual victim was Arsenal.

Koscielny showed great restraint. And he is more than capable of standing up for himself. Gabriel not only didn't have to get yellow, but he shouldn't be close to that dirty pos Costa straight after the first card. You control what you can control. Yourself. Nothing else is in your hands. Not the ref's competence/allegiances. Not Costa's parents!

Bobby the no1 gooner

Ya'll need Jesus
I mentioned that in the second paragraph Celestis. It's like he was executed for attempted murder. But the actual victim was Arsenal.

Koscielny showed great restraint. And he is more than capable of standing up for himself. Gabriel not only didn't have to get yellow, but he shouldn't be close to that dirty pos Costa straight after the first card. You control what you can control. Yourself. Nothing else is in your hands. Not the ref's competence/allegiances. Not Costa's parents!

I agree that self-control was key here and there are ways of protecting your teamates without risking dismissal.

However, when i see a player like Costa getting his own way it really puts me off football and the direction the game is going these days.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I see your point . It's not clear cut though , you have to have your team mates back especially as the defensive pairing . Its a bit of a grey area for me . Referee should have made it easier for everyone ,he showed sweet **** all control .

onetowatch

The point is being missed here. If Gabriel hadn't lifting his leg in a kicking action towards Costa (regardless of whether or not there was contact), even the incompetence of Dean wouldn't have seen him sent off. He lost it for a bit and lost the game for us in that moment. End of.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Gab was always going to walk, you look at what Dean gave him a straight red for and its telling. Gabriel would of probably fouled Costa shortly afterwards and he'd be gone.

FreeGlennHelder

The majority of pundits, ex-players in the media and most importantly, Arsenal fans that I have encountered think Gabriel was a silly boy. Contact is irrelevant, you don't give the ref an opportunity in the first place. I would have much preferred points on the day than some perceived post-match justice. Anyway, let's move on.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Forget about Gabriel for moment and think about balls.
If idiots like costa show up you just have to kick the **** out of him. The whole team should have tackled him, fouled him, but real fouls, pain and maybe he would have had a broken leg.
Why our squad is so feminin?

Oh_Snap

Forget about Gabriel for moment and think about balls.
If idiots like costa show up you just have to kick the **** out of him. The whole team should have tackled him, fouled him, but real fouls, pain and maybe he would have had a broken leg.
Why our squad is so feminin?

Maybe Arsenal isn't the right Team for you? Maybe you should have a look at Stoke instead?

GoonerBoy19

Maybe Arsenal isn't the right Team for you? Maybe you should have a look at Stoke instead?

You don't have to be Stoke to play rough football, Arsenal prior to Fabregas era played some real classy football and were super tough. I don't think any team would have bullied us during that time.

Its just since last decade we have become too nice and extra classy, it wont work all the time. We generally don't have a plan B, its always same style against everyone. Team's like west ham,dinamo and chelsea have had played tactically against us and we failed miserably. Wenger for some reason hate changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom