• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Leicester vs. Arsenal - 26/9/15 - 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Back from the game lads, breathtaking attacking performance. Played some real silky stuff, Hleb-Snake-Flam-Rosicky level fluidity. We also defended impressively, although I thought we could've got out to Vardy quicker on his second. Would've been an injustice had we not scored again afterwards.

Few points;
  • Although I still feel Walcott isn't the answer to our CF conundrum, he's certainly a legit option and will always score goals. His movement today was fantastic and he took his goal brilliantly.
  • Alexis is back. I thought he looked incredibly sharp when he came on against Spuds, but I didn't want to draw any conclusions. Today confirmed he is indeed back to his best, 3 different goals but all showed different quality. I was in the home end and still cheered his hat-trick goal, I took the abuse on the chin.
  • Bellerin is obscenely quick. I'd fancy him to dismantle Gatlin.
  • Özil showed why he's regarded as a genius by many, he has such sweet technique. The way he moves the ball around is a thing of beauty. He was quiet in the first half but he then dominated the midfield with Santi.
  • Monreal's progress has been exceptional. He's now a bonafide key player for us. Two assists I think he got today, miles ahead of Gibbs going forward and in defence.
  • Petr Cech is legit one of the best goalkeepers I've ever seen.
  • Pleased Giroud got a goal, missed an absolute sitter but responded well, as he often does.
Great performance overall, lovely way to round off a good week. Onto Olympiakos which is a big game and Yanited which is an even bigger game. If we play like we did today we'll defeat both with ease.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This site is treating me badly atm, whoever was messing with Jury has gotten hold of my laptop. Can't edit, quote or like any posts.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fantastic offensive performance.

I knew that struggling for goals stuff was premature. We've got tonnes of goals in this team, it's not going to be an issue for us. It's always the other side of the pitch, even then if we keep Coquelin and our back 5 fit for the majority of the season (with Mertesacker, Chambers, etc decent options to come in..... Debuchy not so much), then we'll be fine.

big john

Hi, Boys..Leicester fan here, that is what football should be all about . We know we are defensively naive but I would rather watch us and you than the shight Man.u or Chelsea dish up. We went toe to toe and got beat ..no shame in that .. Wenger... whatever you think of him does it the right way, hope you win the league ,it will be a a big win for proper football in this country.

Gabriel should start ahead of Mertesacker for the United match next weekend (especially if Coq is ruled out). Bellerin is always going to push forward and leave the right flank somewhat exposed and Per is just too sluggish to cover for him (and it's unreasonable to expect Kos to cover his opposite flank).
After the first goal today, it makes me cringe thinking about Mertesacker trying to cope with Memphis, Rooney, or Martial in space.

Leicester have scored the most goals in the PL this season. But have conceded the second most goals.. I'm sure they'll be fine this season but they're sure involved in some entertaining games.

Leicester this season reminds me of Blackpool under Ian Holloway..... disregard the limitations of your squad and the strengths/weaknesses of the opposition and just attack, attack, attack.
It's great fun to watch such open football but I can't imagine it working for them over the course of an entire season. I wouldn't be surprised if they have several matches this season where they get absolutely annihilated on the counter and concede 5+ goals.

DanishDoc

Great result.. Unfortunately I didn't watch it.. Can some of you guys describe the game in one word?? :)
Thanks!

Last edited:

haha_arsenal

Hi, Boys..Leicester fan here, that is what football should be all about . We know we are defensively naive but I would rather watch us and you than the shight Man.u or Chelsea dish up. We went toe to toe and got beat ..no shame in that .. Wenger... whatever you think of him does it the right way, hope you win the league ,it will be a a big win for proper football in this country.

It was a really good, entertaining game.
like you said, this is what football should be.

Mastadon

Established Member
Fair play to Leicester for having a go and.creating a fantastic game of football. Probably not the smartest move tactically against us but definitely orgasmic for the neutrals. And us of course.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Great post TGG, I suggest you go every match. Very good performance, we've got our team back.

We're back where we were at the end of last season AND now we've Cech in goal. Let's keep winning and see what happens!

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

That's really big of you john, if you can pardon the pun. Not always easy being decent after a loss. Good luck with your season, I thought you had us after you went 1 nil up. think you were slightly naive though, if you set up shop keeping your men behind the ball and only looked for quick counters you could have maybe pinned us back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom