• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Bayern Munich, 20/10/15, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Thats what I thought, but as he was falling its acceptable to put your arms in front of you for protection, otherwise its a faceplant into the ground. Also the ball coming off his hand didnt alter the direction, so it would have been harsh not to give it.

Yeah I thought it was legit .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Even I gave Per stick at times but he was superb yesterday. Such leadership.

Lad, I've lost count of the amount of times an in-form striker is supposed to be Per's undoing.

"Suarez against Per tonight hehe"
"Aguero against Per tonight hehe"
"Lewandowski against Per tonight hehe"
"Sturridge against Per tonight hehe"

Yet, not once has Per been shown up. He didn't get 100+ caps for Germany for being slow and sheight. He got them because he's an extremely intelligent defender and a calming influence. Per and Kos proved last night they are still our best partnership.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

On the Giroud goal being honest I'm saying handball if it was the other way around. But also my anger would be directed towards the keeper and not the handballer, the keeper messed up and sometimes you have to do what you have to do to win and that includes hoping the ref doesn't notice something and playing at the limit or bending or breaking the rules.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lad, I've lost count of the amount of times an in-form striker is supposed to be Per's undoing.

Yet, not once has Per been shown up. He didn't get 100+ caps for Germany for being slow and sheight. He got them because he's an extremely intelligent defender and a calming influence. Per and Kos proved last night they are still our best partnership.

According to Cech he is as good a reader of the game as he has seen .

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

I said it before the match started last night. Per gets a hard time from everyone. It's largely unwarranted. I know Gabriel is good with potential to be brilliant, but if Bayern get a free kick or corner kick, I know who I want in the box with Cech.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

12107022_975239432532283_2254551991658891942_n.jpg

kopzilla

Always Negative
Amazing times for us...hope it materializes into atleast trophy this season.

I couldn't watch the game as it was past midnight here and I slept early. I wasn't very hopeful of a positive outcome before the game.

I always dread waking up the following morning to find out what happened.Sometimes I visit arsenal.com or sportsmole.co.uk to check scores/results...however to find out what happened during the game I logon to the forum...click on the matchday thread and read the posts which were posted during the game and its so heartening and exciting to read posts when goals are scored....like 'GIROOOOUUD' or 'YESSS'...

I did the same thing for our FA cup final game Vs Hull City and it was like I was literally watching the match by reading the posts.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I think it's important to remember that despite our good tactics etc, you'll always need some luck to pull through these big games. Thank goodness for Giroud's handball, and that Lewandowski chickened out of that shot when he had rounded Koscielny.

I just watched the highlights and we did ride our luck but it is unnerving watching us sit back and allow the opposition to pass around the ball at will. We are not quite there yet when it comes to sitting back and snuffing out attacks.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
This win proves that we are not a second class team we are among the best again, don't want to hear anymore nonsense about that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Where did that guy disappear? He always used to come up with amazing oneliners ,poetry , jokes and what not...

I present to you, one of his classics :lol:

GDeep said:
There are 6/7 better strikers in the league, not sure that should be the case with a player who's an Arsenal starter.

Uncle Mike said:
Name them.

GDeep said:
Costa, Sturridge, Aguero, Dzeko, Bony and Lukaku.

Lukaku is debatable but you're talking potential, Bony and Dzeko have very impressive goals to game ratios...

Kane is better than Giroud too. Then you got Balotelli, Rooney, Falcao, RvP, Ings, Austin, the Belgian at Villa who are on par or not too off Giroud.

Some of those might sound funny, but no so when you consider playing environment, team system etc.

Uncle Mike said:
"Funny"? More like "laughable."

I'll give you Aguero. Costa is a diver, which is an automatic disqualification. A player good enough to not cheat, won't. Yes, I realize that also disqualifies Cristiano, and I stand buy that: He DOES have the talent to not cheat, but he does it anyway. As opposed to Rooney, who dives and STILL has never been better than Giroud is now, as he proves when he plays for England, without ManUre-friendly officials.

As for the rest.. particularly Kane, Benteke, Sturridge? In the words of the immortal Jackie Gleason, I'm calling Bellevue because you're nuts. None of them is fit to lick Giroud's cleats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom