• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Bayern Munich, 20/10/15, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Hargreaves: 'Hey, lad, how's things?'

Lad: 'I have cancer.'

Hargreaves: 'That is incredible. Terrific. I have no idea how it got there, but it's incredible. Terrific.'

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I just watched the highlights and we did ride our luck but it is unnerving watching us sit back and allow the opposition to pass around the ball at will. We are not quite there yet when it comes to sitting back and snuffing out attacks.
Clean sheet against the current best team in Europe? Everyone including a keeper needs to be at their best to do that it's simply not possible to not give a team like Bayern chances regardless of how you defend. Every man done their bit just as they had to but more importantly it was done as a team with everyone pulling in the same and right direction.

The thing I was proud most of was it was the lauded Mourinho rear guard action without the eye gauging, hand stamping, shirt pulling, ankle kicking, leg breaker challenges. It was a defensive masterclass very much in the spirit of the game.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I liked Hargreaves actually, he kept repeating things but I thought he was miles better than the usual ****e BT have on, Owen etc. He actually seemed pro Arsenal as well, fair in his statements and was quite good really.

The other commentator was ****e, totally ruined the second goal with his bullshit, how the **** didn't he see the ref give the goal? Idiot.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Isn't it goal difference in the CL? So we only need to win against Olympiacos to go through(provided we beat Zagreb and Bayern beats Olympiacos)?
No-it's on head to head results. So if ourselves & Olympiacos end on 9pts we will have had to beat them by 2 goals. If we beat them 3-2 then there will be some other tie breaker used but if we beat them by scoring 4 or more goals we'd be thorugh

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I liked Hargreaves actually, he kept repeating things but I thought he was miles better than the usual ****e BT have on, Owen etc. He actually seemed pro Arsenal as well, fair in his statements and was quite good really.

The other commentator was ****e, totally ruined the second goal with his bullshit, how the **** didn't he see the ref give the goal? Idiot.
I like Hargreaves but he got it wrong last night. - BIG time. He kept asking Arsenal to be more brave and come out and press Bayern-he failed to see or understand what Arsenals' tactic was.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Really? He's a *****. Costa was apparently unearthed by mighty Bayern along with Thiago. Licking German arse all night, not having a clue about what we, as team team, were doing tactically. Muller is probably my favourite player along with Sanchez, has been since 2010. He'll never have to clean his arsehole again with Hargreaves in near vicinity though, pathetic. The **** was going on about Neuer's (non) save well into our celebrations as well. Such a bland, nothing voice too.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't know why, just thought he was alright - might be due to how bad their usual commentators are. Though I rate him as a pundit as well.

Rosi7

Incredible win.
Wonder if that would have been ruled a goal without the additional assistant ref? Still can't believe CL doesn't have some sort of goal line technology though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom