• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Bayern Munich, 20/10/15, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Having watched the game again, without the in game nerves, blinkers etc., it is really clear that once we settled, Arsenal did a real number on Bayern. We played the counter attacking card so very well in the 1st half-only thing missing was a goal.

2nd half we just tucked in and waited for our chances and knew that we'd get some in the latter stages.

Brilliant team performance-there was NO LUCK about this result. It was a deserved victory. For sure Bayern could have scored but with a cold analytical review of the game, you can see why we won. We've used this tactic before-very similar to the City victory 9 months ago-very similar.

Arsenal would surely have preferred to have had 70% possession but it's great to see that the team can adapt to play different ways.

The next hurdle to overcome is defeating those pesky underdogs when we 're overwhelming favourites and have 65%+ possession but cannot get the break through. Those matches seem to have caused us tactical and mental problems in recent years. In certain case, as Arsène always says, "if you can't win the game, make sure you don't lose it."

I can't imagine what this has done for the team's confidence-now to take care of Everton on Saturday.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Amazing times for us...hope it materializes into atleast trophy this season.

I couldn't watch the game as it was past midnight here and I slept early. .
It was 2 a.m game where I am from, slept at 11.30 p.m set the alarm for 3 a.m just in time for Oli G to smash it in.
Slept again at 5 a.m, 7a.m I got up 7.30 left for work.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm sure this image has been posted already but you've just got to love it!~
75149.jpg

OSBK

Established Member
great game

every player was outstanding against a brilliant team. the defense was outstanding, I'm so sick of people slating our defense despite us having joint best defence in the league.

I feel bad for ramsey, whilst I'm not a huge fan of him playing wide right he will be missed. its a good chance for ox to come in and really make that spot his.

bellerin and monreal best full backs in prem by far and poss best in Europe atm.

special shout out to Owen Hargreaves who literally would bum every Bayern player if he could. there wasn't a Bayern player he didn't cream his pants over when they touched the ball. was very funny though when Özil scored he was still creaming over the fact that neurer almost stopped it. he was slating arsenal the whole game on pressing and defending, he is so biased its unreal.

TheGlitch

Sometimes on this forum because of the haters of mertesacker people who truly believe in him are scared to give him praise.
Couldnt find his thread, so ima post it here.
Mertesacker is our best defender, and dear i say it the only top expert defender in the league. He is our leader and the one wenger based the line off he is who they follow at the back.
At times it seems koscienly doing a two man job but that sometimes because thats where the space opens up. Merte is so well positioned. He is also a great tackler. He knows his limits well.
Great performance last night. Bfg

OSBK

Established Member
Sometimes on this forum because of the haters of mertesacker people who truly believe in him are scared to give him praise.
Couldnt find his thread, so ima post it here.
Mertesacker is our best defender, and dear i say it the only top expert defender in the league. He is our leader and the one wenger based the line off he is who they follow at the back.
At times it seems koscienly doing a two man job but that sometimes because thats where the space opens up. Merte is so well positioned. He is also a great tackler. He knows his limits well.
Great performance last night. Bfg

I don't think its hate tbh. mert is one of those players because of what he has won you expect the best all the time, his form like every player drops and when it happens he like others similar become a easy target.

I would disagree about the best defender, I think kos is a better all round defender but mert deffo reads the game better. its a odd pairing in todays football, not many defenders like mert playing at his level. but it works so whilst it does I'm happy :)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
For all their possession Bayern didn't threaten a great deal. The clearest chance of the game that didn't result in a goal fell to us, Walcott's header (fantastic cross from Nacho btw.) Lewandowski had a couple of half chances and Thiago maybe should've done better- other than that we were comfortable. Neuer also produced a good save to deny Özil in the first half.

Just glad we were clinical enough to take our chances. I would've been happy with a draw as it keeps our unbeaten streak/confidence going, but winning it puts us right back in it. I feel if we can get a point in Germany we'll qualify for sure.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Ive not seen anything of tge game since leaving the stadium last night. What I saw there was a fine, brilliantly drilled and disciplined performance. A great game, not always pretty but we did what was needed, if we pressed them we'd have created holes in the libe and get pasted.

Everyone from the players to Wenger and his coaches should be proud of that game.

spartandre217

Established Member
I just watched the highlights and we did ride our luck but it is unnerving watching us sit back and allow the opposition to pass around the ball at will. We are not quite there yet when it comes to sitting back and snuffing out attacks.

We really rode our luck by creating more clear-cut chances than them over the course of the 90 :lol:.

Bar the Thiago chance and Lewa getting into our area after we'd already gone 1-0 up I'd say we worried their goalie a fair bit more than they worried ours. Though it was by no means an easy game. Even Pep admits as much.

That performance was as good as any we've seen Atletico pull off in the last few years and nobody would say they "rode their luck" to the title.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
That performance was as good as any we've seen Atletico pull off in the last few years and nobody would say they "rode their luck" to the title.

It was better, we actually played football.

If it was Atletico pulling off a performance like that you'd see hipsters with cocks out all over the football world.

But, agree, ridiculous saying that we rode our luck. We were tremendous and beat them comfortably in the end tbh.

drummergunner

Lad, I've lost count of the amount of times an in-form striker is supposed to be Per's undoing.

"Suarez against Per tonight hehe"
"Aguero against Per tonight hehe"
"Lewandowski against Per tonight hehe"
"Sturridge against Per tonight hehe"

Yet, not once has Per been shown up. He didn't get 100+ caps for Germany for being slow and sheight. He got them because he's an extremely intelligent defender and a calming influence. Per and Kos proved last night they are still our best partnership.
Fun fact, we've beaten City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United, and Bayern with the same back line (Except when Gabby came in for United). This back line includes Per. He may be slow, but he's called a BFG for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom