• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: WBA vs Arsenal - SAT 21st NOV - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Arteta was passed it before we bought him. Only fools think differently.
He's always been an average player who's done better than people expected, nothing more nothing less.

He was Xavi and Iniesta reincarnated if you were to believe this forum a few seasons ago though..

Godwin1

Very well-known
What is the point in Arteta being here? He's our backup DM but cant stay fit for 90 bastard'ing minutes when he gets a chance! If Coq's a bad injury we are ****ed, like pants down, bent over truly shafted; ****ed!
See the summer transfer rumors thread.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Back home from the game. Alright lads, having taken it all in and simmered down, I can now make an analysis.

On the whole, I thought we dominated the match. Would've liked to have seen us create a bit more, but we're severely stifled in terms of players who can make a difference. Özil is such a classy operator, another brilliant assist and clever finish from Giroud. Monreal was consistent as ever, didn't put a foot wrong. Hector looked rusty, always the wrong side of McClean, but did well to reel it in after an early booking.

Now, I can say nothing about Arteta that hasn't been said. But fck it, Arteta should never wear the Arsenal shirt again. Unless he's a fan attending a match. He is an absolute waste of time, energy and resources. He came on, didn't tackle anyone and simply gave free kicks away, as he always does. His positioning and body language on his own goal was laughable. He came on and undone our good work in 10 minutes. THIS guy is our captain? If it was down to me I'd rip his contract up and send him home to his gorgeous wife.

Games like today make me yearn for a return to CM for Wilshere/Ramsey. Cazorla is an outstanding footballer and a joy to watch, but he doesn't have the fight of Wilsh or Rambo. He doesn't have the legs, he doesn't have the physicality. I was watching Santi closely before he took the pen, Gardner got into his head massively. I never at any point fancied him to stick it away, a Baggie fan next to me said "he looks like a kid on his first day at school."

We have a deep routed problem lads, that problem is Per Mertesacker. He barely won any aerial duels, when he goes up for the ball and doesn't win, with his height, it makes him look stupid. I said before the game Gabriel should be introduced into the first team permanently. Per is showing the same failings game in game out, he needs to be dropped. Experienced backup is his role here now.

When you consider Özil hit the post, Santi missed a pen and Campbell missed a sitter- we really should've won. If we play that game again five times I think we do win. WBA barely did anything with the ball. Even their fans were getting onto them for sitting back. We actually deserved to win, but it's no real surprise we couldn't get out of jail.

We need players back and quickly, it's a disgrace that nothing has been done about our injury issue. Our first teamers are injury prone and the backups are too! It's mental. I hope Coq's injury isn't as bad as it looks. Flamini needs as little game time as possible, that wage-leech Arteta can do one. One win in five in all comps now apparently, injuries are taking their toll.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
This is Wenger's Arsenal - it will be another league failure.

Standard at the top is so bad atm so there are no excuses. We yet again failed to address key issues in the squad - CM and ST.
I'll stick to my prediction and say we'll finish 3rd, the same people will come up with excuses for Wenger and we'll go again next season, rinse and repeat.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Annoying game to watch really, thought we lacked the verve and movement to really unsettle West Brom today.

More concerned about Coquelin's injury. I'm sure we all knew that any injury to him would lead to disaster if Flamini and Arteta have to step in. Arteta's finished as a player IMO, he should just focus 100% on the badges and join the coaching staff.

My big concern isn't even the performance - what else can be said of our weaker links in the team? We really need to get to the bottom of this injury problem, and get a more cohesive set of back-up players who don't completely upset the rhythm of our game.

Campbell's miss :lol: - that's gonna have a huge effect.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Campbell's miss :lol: - that's gonna have a huge effect.
That was really annoying. If he scores we are set to win. Inexcusable from that range really on his favoured foot.

Somehow our right wingers always misses these sitters. Off the top of my head Ramsey has missed 3 sitters from similar positions this season, Ox twice.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's clear to me what the issue is. We've defended him for far too long but his like of foresight ahead of time is f*cking us over massively.

I don't mind making a mistake but you have to learn from it and he's shown absolutely no inclination in learning from it and making a change. Stubbornness is an absolutely unforgivable trait when it comes to football and I've had enough. Time to get rid. @SuperGoon out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom