• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: WBA vs Arsenal - SAT 21st NOV - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Horrendous.

Behind 'rubbish' United in the table too - concerning.
Imagine how the other 17 feel.

We are completely depleted, I'd can revisit Wenger's lack of simmer activity but I'll not bother, we are still doing well in the league and will become stronger. We are still in a good position.

eye4goal

Established Member
Giroud scored, that's his job. The defence didn't defend, that's their job, basically.

He's scoring, but I am not a fan of how he plays nowadays. Used to be alot more influential and almost like an extra midfielder. He offers very little outside of goals now. Walcott for 60-70 mins with Giroud coming on was just perfect for us.

Anyway, more worrying was that most of the team just didn't turn up, and at the end the fight was only coming from Sanchez and Özil.

Malky

Established Member
Wenger has no excuses, every transfer window is the same situation, refuses to buy players and gambles on the fitness of players that he knows are injury prone! Wilshere, Arteta, Theo, Ramsey and OX are ticking time bombs regarding injuries, we know its going to blow up in our faces and we just sit waiting for it. Gambling on Coq was his ultimate **** up tho, I and many others said it during the summer; we had the money and its ridiculous that we went into the season knowing we would have to play Arteta or Flamini! The fact that Arteta is out captain and Mertesacker is vice is just the icing on the cake as neither should be starting for us.
Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky should be released from the club in the summer and Mertesacker could be sold and I wouldn't be too bothered. Ramsey or Wilshere should be our staring CM and Cazorla takes up a space on our bench. I know that Wenger wont do this and wont be in the least bit surprised to see Santi starting every game next season at CM again.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Wow-what a ****show that was. The most worrying thing about this defeat was the injuries. We're fecked without Le Coq but everyone knew this could happen except the most important guy.

Despite everything we could have & should have taken at least a point from this game. Poor defending at a set piece, yet again...groan.

Wenger has driven this bus into the ground and now needing to rotate, he cannot due to injuries.

Anyway, the league is wide open and we're right innit but this loss was more down to lack of squad depth than anything imo. A half baked Campbell who showed today that's he's not of the requisite quality was the ONLY player we could bring off the bench to change things.

Santi should never have missed the PK-he bottled it. forget the slip & that's a worry for me. Scoring that PK is all about attitude-Santi choked.

Two chances to go top of the league and two opportunities dashed away-that is a big big worry.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

4 points lost in two games when we should be going top. Big dent in our hopes.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Who plays dm now? In all seriousness we are ****ed without le coq. We could have shifted the 3 pensioners in the summer and got a half decent dm. Yes we have a big squad but these injuries are really taking the piss now. Anyone think he will buy in jan?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Mertesacker is starting to make me feel scared when he is around the ball, like Szczesny level scared. Give Gabriel the CB spot imo.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't mind replacing Per either, starting to lean towards the Giroud out crowd too, ****ty day.

Per shouldn't start for us, he's becoming a huge liability. I'm a big fan of our BFG, but Gabriel needs to acclimatise still and he's much more of an athlete than Per.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Per has been dreadful this season really. Bellerin was poor today too.

Things have turned very quickly - awful vs Sp**s and WBA.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Per shouldn't start for us, he's becoming a huge liability. I'm a big fan of our BFG, but Gabriel needs to acclimatise still and he's much more of an athlete than Per.

Per should consider Basketball as a new career choice, he's really back and forth between doing alright and being a weakness for us, no consistency.

blaze_of_glory

Per has been dreadful this season really. Bellerin was poor today too.

Things have turned very quickly - awful vs Sp**s and WBA.
Not looked good since getting thrashed by Bayern. Combined with the injuries, it's taken something out of us. Need to get it back, and quick.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Some losses are worse then others. This is one of the bad ones. WBA are **** beyond belief. I could moan but can't be arsed. So boring talking about the same old ****. Injury situation is ridiculous and embarrassing.

kanooo

Nothing pisses me more than a winnable game turn to sh1t! I would've accepted it if WBA played really well (either offensively or defensively) to deny us but that wasn't the case. That makes it very hard to swallow.

Blame it on injuries, Arteta, Carzola or having a hangover from the Bayern defeat (I don't know) but surely we could've done enough to get a result? The only positive I see this weekend is that at least City also lost.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
I cant even defend Arteta after this one, but I would have put my yearly income on him converting that penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom