• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal FC vs Man. City FC - Mon. Dec. 21st, 8:00pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The
Yes.

Luckily, we have shown that we have been able to adapt our game against them in recent years. We must definitely look to that for this game.
The performance last year was amazing. Afterwards Cazorla said about the freekick he put in for Giroud that before hand Arsène said if you get a freekick put it there because Hart always does this. We done our homework for that game and it paid off.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Let's murder these pricks , oh I said that already . Sentiment still stands .

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Well said. "A must win game" is a very misused phrase. An example of an actual must-win game is facing a rival 4 points ahead of you with two games left to play.
But if you picked up three points elsewhere earlier in the season that wouldn't be the case. Most games are must wins the rest are must not lose.

For me, as with games against the other top 6, this is a must not lose game.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
To be fair our current standing against opposition in the top 6 isn't bad. Won against Man United, Won against Leicester, didn't lose against Sp**s, bet Crystal Palace and Watford.

Chelsea was our main worry after we were robbed, and they've sorted themselves out for us.

Despite an average season so far, we've performed well, lol. Hopefully we can continue with City.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Bah, such a long gap between games. I suppose it's good for the on-the-verge-of-snapping muscles of the first team.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Well said. "A must win game" is a very misused phrase. An example of an actual must-win game is facing a rival 4 points ahead of you with two games left to play.
But you'd only be in that position if you don't win these games, prevention is better than cure :p

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Somehow I feel optimistic about this game, which is almost never the case. Not sure if that is a bad or good omen....

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
They're shocking away from home, and we're really much better than them, but annoyingly you just know a clown like Flamini will gift them at least a goal.

We should be battering them if Spuds and Stoke can, but you never know. H2H we've also been a lot better lately.

ChampagneFootball

Hopefully Kompany is out for this one. Without him, their defence can be anything from average to absolutely shocking. The negatives are that Silva/De Bruyne/Sterling against Flamini/Bellerin worry me a little bit.

That said, I'm quietly optimistic. The players need to show up with intensity and fight (something that City don't have a lot of) and if we do that.. and be ruthless when taking our chances like we were against United - then we can win this no worries.

em9999

My rainbows
Man city have looked very poor lately - Mangala is truly a crap CB without Kompany - the whole man city back four look bang on average bar Hart - I'm gunning for a 3 or 4 nil to us here - I feel it in my waters

ChampagneFootball

Just to add: a win here is huge psychologically as well. If we open up a four point gap on City you can bet your bottom dollar we will show up away to Southampton with maximum intensity and beat them there too. Then, with as close to a banker as you can get in this league a couple of days later (Bournemouth at home) we could be looking at 9 from 9.

If we don't win this, we'll start to look at the Soton game a bit differently.

COYG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom