• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal FC vs Man. City FC - Mon. Dec. 21st, 8:00pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoGooner76

Not sure who I'd want to start up top. Theo against their high line could be carnage, then again Oli's in great form lately.

From what Wenger said post match yesterday, Alexis is doubtful. In which case I would go with the same starting 11 as we had for the Villa game. Moving Theo to striker means dropping Giroud who is in good form and always up for a big match, and more importantly it would mean Ox would come in. That is a no go for me right now. He just makes too many poor decisions out there at them moment.

Better to sub him on late when the legs get really tired and the defence is stretched a bit.

Of course, all of this goes against my policy of starting both of our healthy strikers. But now is the time to go for it.

I hope Wenger makes some tactical adjustments or else I fear that they will walk through our midfield. Maybe Flamini will confuse City all the pointing he does out there! Lol.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Giroud needs a good game. Özil needs to be flawless. Flamini needs to be amazing. Standard performance from everyone else and I predict a comfortable win.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Massive game, the kind we need to be winning if we want a title. City have the best players in the country but they're soft at the back and lack quality up front without Aguero, Yaya isn't scoring like crazy any more (although he saved them on saturday). Should've drawn with Swansea and lost the Stoke last weekend. We aren't playing well either but we've built a bit of momentum the last 2 games. I think we're playing better than them in a lot of areas but my worry would be the effect Yaya, Silva, De Bruyne etc. can have in the hole between our midfield and defence. It's probably their strongest area vs our weakest area. I'm hopeful of at least a draw though.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Nah, mates. Curse is gone.

Didn't watch Norwich and West Brom and we lost them. My curse is strictly on champions league.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Not sure who I'd want to start up top. Theo against their high line could be carnage, then again Oli's in great form lately.
Got to be both but for SURE Theo plays. We certainly need speed up top. Their defense has been ****e recently.

We play this game on the front foot but ensure that we have the pace in behind to trouble them.

africe

Still annoyed they didn't drop points against Swansea. Need a win here, their defence without Kompany has been dreadful, and we're on a good run, even if we're not playing that well.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
If City give it a proper go I've no doubt we'll get dominated in midfield, so I hope we take a more cautious approach. Sit back, stay compact, hit them on the break with Özil feeding Theo and whoever's on the other wing.

Terrible, terrible shame we won't have Coquelin and Cazorla available for this. Jack too would have been great for this fixture.

redanddread

If City give it a proper go I've no doubt we'll get dominated in midfield, so I hope we take a more cautious approach. Sit back, stay compact, hit them on the break with Özil feeding Theo and whoever's on the other wing.

Terrible, terrible shame we won't have Coquelin and Cazorla available for this. Jack too would have been great for this fixture.
City are vulnerable like **** - we take it to them on our home patch. Yes, it has to be a balanced approach but of course we go at them. We can utilise BOTH options depending on what the game requires.

You think Sterling & De Bruyne want to track back & defend?

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Think we should play Chambers ahead of Flamini or Kos in DM with Gabriel coming in at CB. I didn't like how our midfield got bypassed by Villa,Norwich and in the beginning at Olympiacos. They don't have Sterling,Aguero,De Bruyne,Yaya and Silva.

A win would be awesome but I'd take a pragmatic draw. That could be more beneficial than getting all carried away after a win and keep the hype low.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
City are vulnerable like **** - we take it to them on our home patch. Yes, it has to be a balanced approach but of course we go at them. We can utilise BOTH options depending on what the game requires.

You think Sterling & De Bruyne want to track back & defend?
Sterling is exceptional off the ball.

redanddread

Sterling is exceptional off the ball.

Defending? Exceptional? Well, I defer to you on this but I'm still of the opinion that their two wide me won't want to defend as much as they want to attack & neither will Yaya.

redanddread

We should of beaten them last time at the home, think it was Ramsey that fluffed the chance to make it 3-1.
Also we conceded a very sloppy set piece goal with 10 mins to go. We haven't lost to this shower of ****e for a few games now! :cool:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We have to win this if the talk about our title credentials holds any substance.

For what it's worth, I think we'll get a draw.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not too sure if we HAVE to win this, but it'd certainly be a boost.

I think 10 points of these next 4 games in a short space of time really lays down a marker regardless of who we beat and who we get the draw against.

redanddread

Maybe Flamini will confuse City all the pointing he does out there! Lol.

He'll be like the guy who's protecting a pal from the cops who are looking for for him.

Cops - " Where dide that man go?"

Accomplice - " That way!" pointing completely in the opposite direction.

City - "which way is the Arsenal goal?"

Flamini - "that way mates!' (pointing downfield to City's goal)

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Think we should play Chambers ahead of Flamini or Kos in DM with Gabriel coming in at CB. I didn't like how our midfield got bypassed by Villa,Norwich and in the beginning at Olympiacos. They don't have Sterling,Aguero,De Bruyne,Yaya and Silva.

A win would be awesome but I'd take a pragmatic draw. That could be more beneficial than getting all carried away after a win and keep the hype low.
I can't believe these types of suggestions still appear around here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom