• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneh

Just getting out of Anfield. Good to meet a few gooners but by god we made some noise.

Re game.. Ramsey and Flemini are no good in that role. Ox made no impact and we struggled in the last 15 mins with no threat at all, which put defence under constant pressure.

Still a point is ok, but dissapointing to lose with 2 mins left on clock. We dropped 2 points today.

Jamrock

It's time for Walcott to start getting some stick, he has been back from injury and has had enough games but how terrible has he been.. Absolutely terrible..

The OX has got to fcking start showing some improvement and development too, the times of always protecting him are over, he has been here for seasons.

Koscielny, I don't know, he is erratic he has been hit and miss for 2 and a bit seasons now.

USArsenalFan716

Yea that Arteta sub was awful (I was ****ing screaming at my tv with that one).. Özil is one of our best players at relieving pressure, plus our creativity sucks w/o him and you bring on a slow player without a lot of game time. That was mind boggling stupid to me.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just getting out of Anfield. Good to meet a few gooners but by god we made some noise.

Re game.. Ramsey and Flemini are no good in that role. Ox made no impact and we struggled in the last 15 mins with no threat at all, which put defence under constant pressure.

Still a point is ok, but annoyed we dropped 2 points today.
The away support was particularly brilliant. Well done lad.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Theo's form is a worry too - abysmal for a while now.

Too much expected in the build-up which he mostly can't do.

Dodgy on the first goal IIRC too.
He'll always be flaky as ****. He'll frustrate you 75%+ of the game with poor touches, passes and decisions but he brings a threat. Would've had an assist but for the miss of the season and had a nice run or 2 in the second half. He's not a great player though and he never will be, back to the bench when Sanchez gets back.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Murphy's Law with Arsenal when it comes to title chasing. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

The positives for me were the performances of a few individuals. Thought Campbell was excellent, Monreal was a warrior and Giroud put in a performance he should be very proud of, extremely happy with Giroud's performance - despite his miss, dunno how he missed it tbh.

I actually thought our performance was quite dire and that we got something out of this game because Liverpool aren't very good. They put in a lot of hard work and graft against us and bullied our midfield. Our midfield was really poor today. Flamini was terrible, and Ramsey with every game nowadays looks more like an attacking midfielder being asked to defend, which is disappointing. There was no control in the middle and it made it difficult to get Özil into the game much.

Liverpool did an extremely good job in the early stages of hustling the two CBs and Flamini in possession, as well as Ramsey. We desperately need someone to drop in as an extra body when that happens to just maintain control in those areas and beat the initial press. With that many bodies committing to a press, once we beat it, we have the space of midfield.

Walcott had an absolute Weston-super. Like Ramsey, he now looks as though he's playing out of position when he plays wide. He often doesn't have sustained influence in matches anyway, but he was still disappointing any time he had something to do.

I cannot wait till we get some midfielders back. Elneny seems like a godsend all of a sudden and hopefully Coq comes back soon. I'd even bring in another extra CM if we have to.

A word on our subs who came on and were just awful. Gibbs and Ox were unbelievably poor when coming on, and Arteta was ineffective when Pool went for their equalizer. I'd have rather seen Iwobi and Chambers come on FFS. Even they'd have been more composed. All in all, a point seems pretty fair given both teams were poor defensively, but frustrated that we threw 2 points away that could have been extremely valuable. We must get 3 points in our next game.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Rosicky is back in training isn't he. Hopefully he'll be available soon. We need someone other than Özil who can keep the ball.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The subs would of been fine until Özil was hauled off. Him and Giroud were really reliving pressure together.

Gibbs had the chance to take it into the corner in the last few minutes, not something I like but City would of done it.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The subs were negative but Wenger usually does this, no shock.

It was a nothing ball pumped in and we didn't challenge for it or win the second ball. That's on our first teamers.

Not as bad as the horrific Benayoun goal in the 4-4 against us, defending a 4-3 lead in stoppage time and 3 lads free in the box an easy goal.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Yeah I'm a huge Theo fan but he hasn't been himself lately. Does some great things but seems to mess up the basics more often than not.

He still gives us that option of pace and movement up front which gives a nice balance to this attack but I think he'll be dropped for Alexis at this rate.
That's Theo in a nutshell, on or off form. He has been himself imo, bar being moved a bit out of position.

Jamrock

I hope Campbell can work on his fitness and stamina levels for next season, if he can do what Özil has done fitness-wise he has some talent in there..

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I don't care about the Arteta sub, that makes sense, but Chamberlain is not the guy you put on to tie a game up, ****ing hell that one is blatantly obvious, his decision making is so poor.
Ox was looking better of late so I was expecting him to do better to be honest, Wenger probably did as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom