• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got away with one against Newcastle and we got a point at Anfield, NONE of our rivals won (City, Spuds, Man u, Chelsea). Positivity lads. We are top of the league with our 3 best players (Caz,Coq,Sanch) from last season having missed the whole winter. Personally, with our massively stretched squad, I could not have asked any more from the lads than to be top at this stage. Especially since City have a full strength side bar Kompany (Who is not coming backing anyway).
Sanchez is back at the weekend and no more Flamini since Elneny arrives- chin up m8s.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You are so correct. Its obvious we've struggled for years against any team who has the balls to press us high.
Which i find ironic as a team with our technical ability should easily be able to handle that.. it should be the other way around.

But IMO it seems like our midfield cannot handle the man-marking when this happens, and we usually just end up passing it sideways until we send it back to our GK and he shoots a long ball. It annoys the crap out of me.

Yup, once you see the ball being passed in a U, you know we are ****ed. Our players cannot handle being marked physically or their passing options severely diminished.

The joke of it all is that we have seen that its able to play fast football, like in the United game. Furthermore, without Santi and Coq to give us good ball rotation/turnover, our attempts at counter pressing becomes limp, with spaces forming between lines.

Its like GDeep said, damage was probably done in the summertime, by not bringing in cover back then. Its going to cost us.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Top level football today is about the midfield, that's why 442 in its basic form is hardly seen anymore, its about numbers in midfield.

I say that because, with respect, you stating the obvious mate. Of course Flamini is not good enough. Ramsey, is not good enough either for what's required if we being brutally honest about things.

So I agree with your point, but its more than that for me.

Notice how we want to always play out the back firstly, but shockingly we do this at a snails pace. I mean Mertesacker had to be REMINDED by the crowd at a stage that a man was on, because he thought he was on the ****ing beach checking out the girls.

Firmino's goals came from our mistakes, nothing else. Those mistakes were as a result of us thinking we can carry the ball ourselves, out our half or that we had days to make a pass. In short, Im saying when pressed we have no ****ing clue what to consistently do to negate them.

This sort of thing will happen again and again, Im thinking for as long as Wenger is around possibly.

Imo it will happen as long as there is at least one player in the centre who is not up to par technically. Remember how Santi got out of tight situations like he was playing in the back yard?
Look at Koscielny, Mertesacker, Nacho, Mesut, Campbell, Özil - they all get out of that pressing situation almost all the time with ease, cause they are good enough.

Making mistakes is one thing. But don't forget our offensive play, Walcott - was he even on the pitch today!? We could have neutralized a lot of the pressure which maybe led to 1-2 goals by keeping the ball further up the pitch or scoring another goal.
Campbell imo is such a genius footballer, his decision making is unbelievable. Same goes for Mesut and today also Giroud.
Then compare Walcott, Ox and Gibbs - horrendous.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How exactly does Mertesackers speed come into this? I recall probably the most succesful high-pressing team (Barcelona 11/12) who had Puyol as CB? That man was ****ing slow as well.
Puyol is like Bellerin compared to Per, he also had the best midfield of all time dictating play for 90 minutes.

Proof

Established Member
We must sort out Eleny's transfer as soon as possible! Every time Flamini starts, we are basically playing with 10 men.

Koscienly should be dropped for Gabriel. Joel Campbell seems to be a decent player, I'm really impressed his defensive work.

Our fullback play is the biggest improvement in our team and a key reason for our form. Monreal was great. Giroud 2nd goal was a prime example of why Bellerin is a vital player. We would have never scored that goal with Sagna on the pitch.

CJJ

Established Member
Puyol is like Bellerin compared to Per, he also had the best midfield of all time dictating play for 90 minutes.

I think you have no idea how slow Puyol in fact were. But he was an amazing footballer nonetheless.

gunnergoa

I love Wenger and i will always support him. But he never seems to make those bold decision when it matters. Like playing Chambers instead of Flamini, Chambers is the better passer of the ball he is strong and does what is asked of him.And with Rambo trying to imitate Johann Cryuff all the time with his touches and forward runs we need a stronger mid then Flamini.

Giroud

Established Member
I love Wenger and i will always support him. But he never seems to make those bold decision when it matters. Like playing Chambers instead of Flamini, Chambers is the better passer of the ball he is strong and does what is asked of him.And with Rambo trying to imitate Johann Cryuff all the time with his touches and forward runs we need a stronger mid then Flamini.

Chambers would have been a disaster under pressure today. He's no where near ready for a game like that playing alongside someone like Ramsey.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Campbell is starter in our line up no need to discuss that when alexis back our front three Campbell Giroud/Walcott Alexis.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill

Tbh i am not impressed at all by Chambers. He seems mentally weak and has bad decision making. I would also not have played him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Against stoke City i just wish our players don't start the first 15 minutes s**ting themselves like today show some balls and don't concede early.

CJJ

Established Member
Are we really that technical though? I'd say Özil, Cazorla, Jack and Rosicky are the only technically gifted players we have, and two of those four are never available anyways.

You might be right. And i might be overestimating our technical ability (even though i must say you might've missed Alexis on that list.)

But whats our identity then? We keep fielding 7 players below 1.75 every game.

CJJ

Established Member
... Furthermore, without Santi and Coq to give us good ball rotation/turnover, our attempts at counter pressing becomes limp, with spaces forming between lines.

Its like GDeep said, damage was probably done in the summertime, by not bringing in cover back then. Its going to cost us.

I agree. But lets hope Elneny gives us some mass and presence in the midfield which we currently lacks so much.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
You might be right. And i might be overestimating our technical ability (even though i must say you might've missed Alexis on that list.)

But whats our identity then? We keep fielding 7 players below 1.75 every game.

Alexis is a weird one, capable of producing moments of absolute magic only to misplace an easy five yard pass ten seconds later. He's very erratic in everything he does although obviously the positives massively outweigh the negatives.

Don't really think we have an identy at the moment to be honest with you, seems like we just throw eleven players out there every week and hope Özil and Alexis come up with something special.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I agree. But lets hope Elneny gives us some mass and presence in the midfield which we currently lacks so much.

I would be so impressed if Elneny can make any contribution this season.

Lets pray for a Coquelin type explosion

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Alexis is a weird one, capable of producing moments of absolute magic only to misplace an easy five yard pass ten seconds later. He's very erratic in everything he does although obviously the positives massively outweigh the negatives.

Don't really think we have an identy at the moment to be honest with you, seems like we just throw eleven players out there every week and hope Özil and Alexis come up with something special.

I don't think so at all. We have a certain philosophy, even more so this season. But the material we have at the moment is just not good enough to carry it out.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Our subs and tactical awareness defied belief yet again. Özil in certain games when we've been cruising by more than one and looking ****ed and we left him on, yet he was the only player tonight who could possibly give us outlet to hold it up the pitch yet we take him of for Arteta and invite more pressure on ourselves when we were already needlessly under the cosh and left Flamini out there when we've had Chambers come in and do an ok job there in recent weeks.

I'm furious, been looking forward to this game for weeks and we can't hold on to the lead for 3 minutes.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Our subs and tactical awareness defied belief yet again. Özil in certain games when we've been cruising by more than one and looking ****ed and we left him on, yet he was the only player tonight who could possibly give us outlet to hold it up the pitch yet we take him of for Arteta and invite more pressure on ourselves when we were already needlessly under the cosh and left Flamini out there when we've had Chambers come in and do an ok job there in recent weeks.

I'm furious, been looking forward to this game for weeks and we can't hold on to the lead for 3 minutes.

Don't you think the likes of Walcott, Ox and Gibbs let us down way more? When i can't produce up front i just ****ing have to fight and help out defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom