• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Once Ox and Gibbs entered the game we couldn't hold on to the ball for one second. Ox has the technique but his decision making is abysmal and Gibbs is just awful in every aspect as an offensive player.

Anyway, not a terrible results but we have to win some of these upcomong difficult away games. This was still two points lost at the end.

Jaywood Mac

No doubt if we were knocked out of the CL and out of the title race and in the race for top 4 with a few games left that game would've finished 3-2 or even 3-0 arsenal

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i don't us to play flamini-Ramsey in midfield against stoke i mean it just not working 2 away games 7 goals conceded. but we have no choice elneny won't be ready and throw him in away game at stoke is asking for trouble.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Once Ox and Gibbs entered the game we couldn't hold on to the ball for one second. Ox has the technique but his decision making is abysmal and Gibbs is just awful in every aspect as an offensive player.

Anyway, not a terrible results but we have to win some of these upcomong difficult away games. This was still two points lost at the end.

Someone with a working brain on here, can't believe it. Good post.

Jamrock

People say this performance shows why we won't win the league, well what does it say about City drawing 0-0 at home with a chance to close the gap?

Unless of course people believe Leicester are now genuinely title contenders and they're the big winners.
City have been there and done it.. So lets not look at them in the same boat as us right now..

They have shown that they can win or challenge for the title to the end in recent seasons..

We have done fck all for more than 10 years..

Nyctophobia

Established Member
It's not because Per is slow, it's because sometimes he is so freaking half-hearted attempt to block or not blocking at all, or he'll just stand there and watch on as the play unfolds, he's got his faults and sometimes they cost us, no one is perfect.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
You are so correct. Its obvious we've struggled for years against any team who has the balls to press us high.
Which i find ironic as a team with our technical ability should easily be able to handle that.. it should be the other way around.

Are we really that technical though? I'd say Özil, Cazorla, Jack and Rosicky are the only technically gifted players we have, and two of those four are never available anyways.

gunnergoa

Flamini is incompetent, Rambo is a ***** even though he scored today he always tries to be a bit clever. I hate this Flamini and Rambo mid field axis i want Chambers to be played against Stoke. Even though he is young and inexperience he will be better then Flamini.

Giroud

Established Member
I just wonder, what would be the reaction if we won tonight.

Obviously once the elation died off.

I think we could see again that Southampton tactics work well against us. Press Arsenal hard and capitalise on their mistakes in their own half. Once ahead, pick them off.

We are so predictable and that is the tragedy of it all.

Flamini's partnership with Ramsey is the big issue here as they're too easy to dispossess and struggle to get any sort of grip on the game against sides who press well. All our good play was when we bypassed the midfield and got our more advanced players on the ball.

Ramsey is so effective going forward though that we need to find a partner for him to make the midfield work.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I really don't think so. Imo the main reason today was the lack of a proper DM in our team. Flamini is not good enough, he can have maybe one or two wonder performances, but that is all to expect from him.
Further more we missed a proper winger, say what u want but Walcott is such a let down compared to the likes of Campbell and Alexis.

Top level football today is about the midfield, that's why 442 in its basic form is hardly seen anymore, its about numbers in midfield.

I say that because, with respect, you stating the obvious mate. Of course Flamini is not good enough. Ramsey, is not good enough either for what's required if we being brutally honest about things.

So I agree with your point, but its more than that for me.

Notice how we want to always play out the back firstly, but shockingly we do this at a snails pace. I mean Mertesacker had to be REMINDED by the crowd at a stage that a man was on, because he thought he was on the ****ing beach checking out the girls.

Firmino's goals came from our mistakes, nothing else. Those mistakes were as a result of us thinking we can carry the ball ourselves, out our half or that we had days to make a pass. In short, Im saying when pressed we have no ****ing clue what to consistently do to negate them.

This sort of thing will happen again and again, Im thinking for as long as Wenger is around possibly.

CJJ

Established Member
We'll struggle against teams that press us until Per moves on, not a chance we can play a high line with him back there. How can we bypass a press with Mertesacker and Flamini on the ball trying to build?

How exactly does Mertesackers speed come into this? I recall probably the most succesful high-pressing team (Barcelona 11/12) who had Puyol as CB? That man was ****ing slow as well.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I just wonder, what would be the reaction if we won tonight.

Obviously once the elation died off.

I think we could see again that Southampton tactics work well against us. Press Arsenal hard and capitalise on their mistakes in their own half. Once ahead, pick them off.

We are so predictable and that is the tragedy of it all.

In the midfield we have arguably the two players with the least awareness and touch at the club. Both Falmini and Ramsey have the knack of miscontroling a simple pass or getting caught day dreaming on the ball.

Seriously, Ramsey and Theo need to work on their first touches because I've seen amateur players with better first touch than these two.

We conceded the first goal all because of Theo's poor first touch. It's absolutely criminal of a professional player in his late 20's to have the first touch of an academy player.

I'm sorry but I can't consider Flamini a footballer anymore. I don't care whether he plays for Arsenal or not, the guy is absolutely having a laugh.

I'm off to bed. Good night Gooners.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For me as harsh as it is, bring Alexis in for Giroud and start Theo up top.

Both Alexis and Joel are inverted wingers so it's not like Giroud will be getting much service anyway.

They can open up some more spaces for them anyway with fluid, interchanging movement.

General

Established Member
I don't know why we have to keep trying to attack when we should have been keeping possession and running the clock down for the last few minutes,
All the hard work that we had put in to get the lead and then we give a goal away because we were not keeping the ball on the floor and keeping possession,
Pleased that we didn't lose but we could have had the win.
If we can't keep possession in the opening minutes there was no way we were going to keep it in the dying minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom